SC - Ruth Huetter, 48, Found Deceased in burn pile, McCormick County, July 2018

• Thread starter Deleted member 122964
  • Start date
I am Ruth's son's aunt. I have remained a close friend for years until recently. I could not continue offering my ear to an endless stream of bad decisions, and the latest cost her life. Ruth did not want to work. She wanted to be taken care of. Nathan was an abuser and she was really afraid of him. We had many conversations. Apparently he has a wife (yes he is married) in Ohio who is very afraid of him. A couple years ago, Nathan put a house he owned outright in Ohio in Ruth's name. At the time, I asked her why he would do this and she offered no explanation. When Ruth called me last Christmas season, her dad had picked her up and they were on I95 fleeing from Nathan and heading back to NJ. She told me the OH house had sold and she was getting the dough. I warned her Nathan was not going to let her get away with it. Last time she texted me was a couple months ago from Anna's house in Orlando. I didn't text much back because her lifestyle had become a universe away from what I considered acceptable. I first noticed a complete change in Ruth when she lost considerable weight about 3 yrs ago. She had a bubbly personality and a compassionate heart that gave way to extreme narcissism. I am sorry for her family as I had already grieved the loss of our friendship. Now, her already troubled son is dealing with this as well.

Narcisstic is not what I would call Ruthie. As a matter of fact that characteristic would not fly with someone who subjects to domestic abuse. I would add , she was a victim and I could care less if she tortured animals, there is no excuse or justification for domestic abuse. It takes years of therapy to gain self esteem to stop blaming one's self for the dick that abuses. We can all say "I told you so" but no matter how you say it sounds condescending and cold given the fact that she was killed and burned to a freaking crisp. As for a son? He was too high to care and whoever is taking care of him taught him to be a victim with excuses.

Thank you for your encouragement. If what I was told is correct, I don't believe there will be justice for Ruth's murder because Nathan murdered her. Her body lay there 2 days while he tried to figure out what to do. He was packing up his stuff to flee when son from TX arrived. Some altercation must have ensued because son shot his father. Son panicked and burned both bodies. This is speculation on my part. Now son has confessed to murdering his father, but not Ruth. The investigation continues. It is sordid and ripe for a Dateline episode. I wish now I had not withdrawn from her and tried to get her to stay away from him, but I am truly doubtful she would have listened. I am sorry for Nathan's relatives reading this. It must be hard. Evan, if you are reading this, call me. I heard you were living in the house now.
Jesse is some cool customer. He emptied the house of all of Nathan's belongings. the cars, his clothes, even the dogs. You are speaking as if this is how this went down when in fact its how Jesse says it went down when he hasn't been charge with anything and he is still in Texas. So let's separate what you say he says from what the police and everyone else knows to be true. My concern is for the people that loved Ruthie, that are not the same without her, and that suffer and hang on every one of these suppositions. Whose to say that kid didn't rip both of them off and kill them both. Whose to say that Jesse helped Nathan, covered for him and then Nathan wanted no witnesses? Whose to say that complete strangers killed them both which begs the question why would Jess cop to killing Nathan. Whose to say anything at this point? and assuming for one second that Jess killed Nathan bc he killed Ruthie, why the hell did he not call the p0lice and had the presence of mind to sell or disappear all of his father's possessions and then burn both bodies. its one hell of a story you are sharing. All i want is for my best friend to have closure. Jesse would have been a hero had he called the police.

One other thing. Ana asked me on behalf of Ruthie, if I would give Ruthie a job reference bc I am a medical office manager. So to say Ruthie did not want to work is a falsehood. Hindsight is 20/20 and if anyone in Orlando had to do this all over again and could turn back time, I would have tied her up so she would never return to that freaking backward isolated place where she went to meet her death alone, scared and helpless. Burned like a dog to where she wasn't ID for weeks. There is no casket to view or a body to give sacred memorium or burial. Freaking ashes weeks later. Does anyone even grasp the effect of that on those that mourn her? Does anyone give a flying except Ana? I only mention the name bc you the aunt posted it. In addition not the son,not the father, not the aunt, NO ONE, missed her enough to care and report her missing . Anna hounded the police from Orlando until they finally did a drive by or what they call a welfare check. That 's when "human remains" were found and it was reported as if they were found on the side of the road somewhere. The media was not told these remains were found in freaking someone's backyard. Ana wanted justice . Ana went to SC in bumb effed Egypt where there isn't even cell service. I warened her not to go thinking Nathan was alive. She did not care . She saw Evan and she saw the father. I take great outrage at anyone, everyone opining NOW about Ruthie and taking the time to speak of her "lifestyle" or whatever the ? When you love someone you are there and you don't give up on them, especially if you are an aunt . Ana never did and Ruthies last day were spent here in Orlando and in Miami even though no oe agreed with her choices. Truth be told had I known, I would have slapped her upside her head and smacked her lack of self esteem out of her head. I did not know her. Ana did. Her pain is real and its mine. Ruthie is dead and no one can fathom the terror she felt. Ana does. In other words STFU because that pike of freaking ashes was found because of her

Last edited:
Calmly here. Only those of us with a very long history with Ruth and served as her Confessor know her heart. I frantically searched for her when she disappeared for about a year. I was relieved to hear from her last holiday season. I thought she was safely in Orlando. I have been grieving her loss since learning of her passing. I can only imagine the terror up to the moment of her death. Please don't be hard on Evan. He will grow and mature. He was so sweet as a boy and has an uphill battle now. I look at the yellow cat sitting on my coffee table right now who reminds me of Ruth and Evan who flew him to me when her ex's children were allergic and he is a daily reminder of the Ruth and Evan i knew then. Ruth"s long suffering father is trying to cope with in unimaginable loss. To be clear, I was only speculating to the events at the murder scene. The investigation will hopefully uncover the facts. Her soul has returned to the busom of our Creator, but her son and father remain to cope.

Last edited:
I was remembering this morning that Ruth and I shared a passion for British period dramas. We both adored the series "Lark Rise to Candleford. " Ruth once remarked that she was Laura and I was Dorcas. We both appreciated kitchen creativity and although I appreciate art, Ruth was a wonderful home decorator. She had an eye! I miss the easy conversations and laughter that seemed to end when she began the internet dating sites. I tried to steer her towards my Pleistocene period values about work and marriage, but she seemed to be adrift without a rudder. I know about many multiple childhood traumas that shaped her inability to cope and grace is due. I sometimes called her Scrappy because she seemed too ready to duke it out after growing up in ethnic Camden. This tough side of her is what makes me scratch my head about her relationship with nathan. Could it be that she thought she was uniquely equipped to manage him because of her life skills experience?

I salute Evans godfather in his unfailing devotion to both Ruth and Evan over Evan's entire life. He was there every step of the way, and gave considerable finances to her repeatedly - all while establishing a small business, which was his sole source of income. He must have felt as I did, that she threw him over for Nathan because Nathan expressly forbid her to speak with us in particular. He is still in daily contact with Evan and helping him. May he be blessed with prosperity, health, long life and loving friends!

Calmly here. Only those of us with a very long history with Ruth and served as her Confessor know her heart. I frantically searched for her when she disappeared for about a year. I was relieved to hear from her last holiday season. I thought she was safely in Orlando. I have been grieving her loss since learning of her passing. I can only imagine the terror up to the moment of her death. Please don't be hard on Evan. He will grow and mature. He was so sweet as a boy and has an uphill battle now. I look at the yellow cat sitting on my coffee table right now who reminds me of Ruth and Evan who flew him to me when her ex's children were allergic and he is a daily reminder of the Ruth and Evan i knew then. Ruth"s long suffering father is trying to cope with in unimaginable loss. To be clear, I was only speculating to the events at the murder scene. The investigation will hopefully uncover the facts. Her soul has returned to the busom of our Creator, but her son and father remain to cope.
I am so very very sorry for your loss and the loss everyone that loved her feels. I feel so utterly helpless. God bless you and I hope that sweet boy makes Ruthie proud. Again I am so sorry for your loss. For everyone.

Nathan's son was in texas since july 3rd. No way he could have ever been in the pile lol. Wow who thought that.
N0 Melissa he was not not in Texas on July 3rd. Ruthie was killed on July 4th. So if one is too believe Jesse's own story that the family is spreading about killing his father because he killed Ruthie, he was in SC on July 4th.

Thank you for your encouragement. If what I was told is correct, I don't believe there will be justice for Ruth's murder because Nathan murdered her. Her body lay there 2 days while he tried to figure out what to do. He was packing up his stuff to flee when son from TX arrived. Some altercation must have ensued because son shot his father. Son panicked and burned both bodies. This is speculation on my part. Now son has confessed to murdering his father, but not Ruth. The investigation continues. It is sordid and ripe for a Dateline episode. I wish now I had not withdrawn from her and tried to get her to stay away from him, but I am truly doubtful she would have listened. I am sorry for Nathan's relatives reading this. It must be hard. Evan, if you are reading this, call me. I heard you were living in the house now.
Your story is factually not true according to Jesse himself. Jesse did not arrive from Texas after Ruthie was killed. Jesse was living in Ruthie's house. When Ruthie got back from Orlando he was there already. He told me PERSONALLY he and Ruthie were joking around and had great conversations when she got back. Jesse also told me that Nathan told him Ruthie wanted Jesse to leave so they could have "alone" time and heal their relationship and that "they" both gave him 300.00 for the trip back to Texas. Can ANYONE imagine Ruthie wanting to be alone with Nathan given the alternate: having Jesse there which would have made her feel safer? So begs the question since Jesse was living there and knows no one in SC where was he for two days while Nathan was figuring out what to do after he killed Ruthie? Where are Nathan's belongings? I think its best you all leave this to the police. This entire story is implausible. Jesse was caught with a significant amount of drugs to warrant a 100,000 bond yet he needed 300.00 to leave SC? He got money to buy drugs from somewhere. I too am speculating now. I should take my own advice. Sorry for Nathan's family and especially for Jesse's Mom and sister reading this.

I have a question for anyone that might know. Were the police able to determine the cause of death for either Ruthie or Nathan? Is there evidence to suggest they were shot? Forensics and the crime scene can garnish what guns were used. If there were two. Maybe Nathan was stabbed and Ruthie shot. Maybe Nathan died of blunt force trauma. My point is that going forward they may be able to tell if they were murdered by the same person or by different persons. I hope so. SLED is certainly short on information and one wonders WTF they have thus far. One would think this kind of information would be given at least to the families and it has not been. Has the family even asked these questions because I would be all over it like white on rice.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu
Back