Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
Relationship or no relationship. Why would you be having a conversation that involved. Hey can you sign a stat dec to say I did not sexually abuse you when you were three years old.

Was it written up and ready to be signed or just something that was being discussed for future reference? You know, just in case.

Because she did not sign it and contacted the police. (will find the link)
Well, as unsavoury as the conversation is, if that was the issue on the police mind in regards to him, her statement could have a huge bearing on how things proceeded. With the scant information we have reported on this issue, I can imagine that at the time she was not pursuing charges with the police over this issue and that it came from another source, someone with a memory of the situation. We don't know that there was some document written up for her, waiting to be signed. All she did was give a statement to police, detailing that he had directly lobbied i.e. asked her for a stat dec IMO.

Yes, I can understand this. I can also imagine a victim of such horrors as these girls apparently experienced would have ongoing problems with many things ... trust, feelings of safety, to name just two.

It was very, very brave of them to try to seek justice for the crimes committed against them.

Yes, ongoing problems and they are brave. I wish them all the very best that life has to offer, including healing from their ordeal(s).

Well, as unsavoury as the conversation is, if that was the issue on the police mind in regards to him, her statement could have a huge bearing on how things proceeded. With the scant information we have reported on this issue, I can imagine that at the time she was not pursuing charges with the police over this issue and that it came from another source, someone with a memory of the situation. We don't know that there was some document written up for her, waiting to be signed. All she did was give a statement to police, detailing that he had directly lobbied i.e. asked her for a stat dec IMO.

The point being. BS directly lobbied her to sign a stat dec to say he had not sexually abused her when she was 3 years old.
She refused his request and she contacted the police.
Because we really do not know the timing of BS lobbying her. I guess there is always the possibility the police had not even spoken to her at the time of his lobbying.
imo

Anyone know how long Margaret and Bill have been together?

They’ve been married for over 28 years:

23D1BD91-7DF9-4908-8F47-6BB28372C026.jpeg
(Search ‘Bill Margaret Spedding 28 years’)

I can’t post the date of the article as I don’t have a sub for The Australian, but it would be 28 years sometime post-September 12, 2014.

Last edited:
The point being. BS directly lobbied her to sign a stat dec to say he had not sexually abused her when she was 3 years old.
She refused his request and she contacted the police.
Because we really do not know the timing of BS lobbying her. I guess there is always the possibility the police had not even spoken to her at the time of his lobbying.
imo
Well the link stating that she refused and contacted police would be great if you have it at hand but understand if you chose not to supply it. :)

Can you copy and paste it please, soso? I don’t have post #’s :(

According to court documents, Mr Spedding asked an alleged victim to sign a declaration about his “good character” after learning police were investigating him over William’s disappearance.

He contacted one of his alleged victims, who is now an adult, “directly lobbying” her to declare he did not sexually abuse her when she was a child, according to police facts tendered in court.

The alleged victim refused and reported his request to police

No Cookies | Townsville Bulletin
Mother demands answers on why her children were living with Bill Spedding

They’ve been married for over 28 years:

View attachment 141782
(Search ‘Bill Margaret Spedding 28 years’)

I can’t post the date of the article as I don’t have a sub for The Australian, but it would be 28 years sometime post-September 12, 2014.

Article was in The Australian on 24th January 2014.
The article is not available any more, but it has been reproduced on the official 'William' page.

Bring Little Spiderman William Tyrrell Home

According to court documents, Mr Spedding asked an alleged victim to sign a declaration about his “good character” after learning police were investigating him over William’s disappearance.

He contacted one of his alleged victims, who is now an adult, “directly lobbying” her to declare he did not sexually abuse her when she was a child, according to police facts tendered in court.

The alleged victim refused and reported his request to police

No Cookies | Townsville Bulletin
Mother demands answers on why her children were living with Bill Spedding

Thanks sose. Oh, miscommunication. I thought you meant where it was said BS had a record of his police interview from the time the two girls were sexually abused. D’oh! Need more coffee!

Col said 28 years back in 2014. Who knows really?

If they were married 28 years prior to 24 January 2014, one would think they knew each other for some time before that.

Having been married now for about 32½ years, according to ole Col. The abuses on the girls occuring Apr/May 1987, just over 31 years ago, according to the police fact sheet. (If I have my maths right.)

This would mean that he was married at the time of the abuses??

No wonder his wife does not want to believe he was involved. That would mean that she married an alleged child sex offender.

And no wonder she continues with her support in his alibi for William's disappearance.
"Marg, it is just like 30 years ago ... they are trying to pin something on me that I didn't do. I don't know why they are always picking on me. It was a coincidence that I was going to Benaroon Drive that morning, at the same time that William disappeared."

Last edited:
If they were married prior to 24 January 2014, one would think they knew each other for some time before that.

Having been married now for about 32½ years, according to ole Col. The abuses on the girls occuring Apr/May 1987, just over 31 years ago, according to the police fact sheet. (If I have my maths right.)

This would mean that he was married at the time of the abuses??

No wonder his wife does not want to believe he was involved. That would mean that she married an alleged child sex offender. Allowed him to live with with her and her 3 young grandsons.

And no wonder she continues with her support in his alibi for William's disappearance.
"Marg, it is just like 30 years ago ... they are trying to pin something on me that I didn't do. I don't know why they are always picking on me. It was a coincidence that I was going to Benaroon Drive that morning, at the same time that William disappeared."

Where does the ‘prior to 24 January 2014’ come in, SA? Excuse me for being thick but I’ve either had too much caffeine or not enough and maths is not my strong suit. Stats however . . . :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg