Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point being. BS directly lobbied her to sign a stat dec to say he had not sexually abused her when she was 3 years old.
She refused his request and she contacted the police.
Because we really do not know the timing of BS lobbying her. I guess there is always the possibility the police had not even spoken to her at the time of his lobbying.
imo

And what a very strange thing to lobby someone about. Not the usual run of the mill things that people do. Unless there was a very good reason. IMO

Soso didnt BS come on the radar not too long after William's disappearance?

Didn't the woman whose kids he and Margaret were looking after contact the govt foster agency when she had 1st heard in the media about BS having been to 48 Benaroon?

There was something about the governments fostering agency having a parallel investigation as police re BS with neither knowing at the time?

I recall the woman had a photograhic mosaic of her children covering her walls.

Imo he was on the radar long before the raid. Which is why I am wondering when he lobbied for the stat dec.

:oops:
I have searched, it appears to have been removed from the internet.

Oh thats's a shame. I really wanted to see it. As I said before, I've never heard about that in the past, I don't think, and we have so many talented WSers on here you'd think that one of them would've found it, especially soso; she's the queen of links. IMO

Surely they'd want it if it was a copy of one of the ones that had been lost over time? Yes, maybe it wasn't stamped and authentic, perhaps. That would explain it. The phrase, 'not worth the paper it's written on,' comes to mind. IMO.

If this alleged statement exists and it is on original paper that can be tested so too the ink to see how old either are and to match known manufacturing chemicals and dyes.

At the moment it is only rumour.

O’Brien said he did not have a transcript of the original police interview with his client, which must exist. “We don’t even have the mother’s original complaint to investigators back in 1987,” he said.

Bill Spedding, 'person of interest' in William Tyrrell case, seeks bail over historical sex abuse charges

Surely he gave his copy to his own lawyer.
Uh ha! There it is. Josie must've confused it with something else. Easy to do. I do it all the time. IMO

22nd January 2015

“Over 28 years you get to know someone and the way he loves those kids that aren’t his kids. He’s gotta be commended for that,” he said.

Nocookies
Man ‘at cafe’ when William disappeared

So either Col did not know BS before they married or they had just met about 28 years ago.
He has a good memory for an old bloke.

BBM And there it is. Oh my God, I just feel so sick.

Uh ha! There it is. Josie must've confused it with something else. Easy to do. I do it all the time. IMO

I understand this is all rumour.
But I was just thinking how fortunate if indeed he did have his copy, (which of course has not been stated in msn )
There was at least something to work from. I guess.
He would have been able to have a squizz and recall just what he had said to police some three decades before. Just to refresh the memory.
It is a wonder the ink had not faded.
jmo

Oh really? The very first interview? Wow! Is that usual police practice?

Could you please supply a link for that? Or if not, how do you know? I'm very interested in this.

Also, if he does have a copy and didn't tender it, then maybe it incriminates him?

Replying to self to apologise for repeating a question that was asked by other posters. I hadn't read up that far when I posted the questions, and I have also leaned that there is no link, so I'll just pay it no mind, as I don't think the assertion complies with WS TOS.

I have the article but cant get link to post. THE AUSTRALIAN headline was 'sex-ring assaults of victims alleged' 23 april 2015 day after BS was arrested by GJ.

It may mean that Spedding claims an ex in his life was being vindictive by accusing him of child sex abuse. And people in his life may believe that, if an ex was also very upset about a lack of child support or proper care for any previous children he may have.

I would like to know exactly who that family think abused those little girls, when Spedding was staying in the caravan with them, Hillsley was in prison, and one of the girls exhibited black vaginal and leg bruising saying Bill did it, the other girl exhibiting injuries from penetration.

How many Bills were in these girls lives?
How many men had access to the girls during this Apr/May 1987 period?
How many times were the girls left alone with men at that time?

The police evidently took the accusations seriously, they would not have done that if the medical reports did not show recent abuse and injuries.

The Prosecutor evidently thought there was a valid historical case to persue, the Prosecutor would not have tried that without significant valid evidence.

84% of child sex cases in NSW have been unsuccessful. Our adverserial trials in this respect need rethinking. If good circumstantial evidence and evidence trail is sufficient to gain a murder conviction, it should be sufficient to gain a child sex abuse conviction.

imo

Especially in historical cases. And they are VERY pertinent questions^^^^^^^, SA. They demand an answer, really. What is wrong with our justice system?

But I was just thinking how fortunate if indeed he did have his copy, (which of course has not been stated in msn )
He would have been able to have a squizz and recall just what he had said to police some three decades before. Just to refresh the memory.
jmo

If such a copy did exist .... what would drive a person to retain a copy of a police statement from 30 years ago?
From an interview where no charges were laid.
About allegations you would think you would prefer to forget.
About allegations you would think you would not want anyone else to stumble on or know.
Move it around with you from place to place over the years.
Keep track of it.

jmo

Just wondering, is it usual police practice to give people copies of their statements? I wouldn't have thought they would, but that's just an ignorant guess. Wouldn't it help perps keep rehearsing their stories? I know in some cases I've read about recently in the media (no links sorry so IMO) that cases have been cracked by the perps changing their stories over a succession of interviews. Oh hang on, was one of them old Borce?

Another article says BS was dobbed in by one of his own family members.

News.com.au 24 april 2015.

Why cant I get links to post?

If such a copy did exist .... what would drive a person to retain a copy of a police statement from 30 years ago?
About allegations you would think you would not want anyone else to stumble on or know.
Keep track of it.

Someone that knew he might need it one day.

Just wondering, is it usual police practice to give people copies of their statements? I wouldn't have thought they would, but that's just an ignorant guess. Wouldn't it help perps keep rehearsing their stories? I know in some cases I've read about recently in the media (no links sorry so IMO) that cases have been cracked by the perps changing their stories over a succession of interviews. Oh hang on, was one of them old Borce?

Heck, police sure would be giving out a lot of copies. No wonder their budget gets topped out. They take kazillions of statements each year, from all kinds of complainants, accused and witnesses, in all kinds of situations.

Very normal procedure

Keep track of it.

Yes and if you had that why would you run around asking people for declarations of your character not to mention the more direct request.

Heck, police sure would be giving out a lot of copies. No wonder their budget gets topped out. They take kazillions of statements each year, from all kinds of complainants, accused and witnesses, in all kinds of situations.

Yep and it is your right to get a copy. Including taped record of interview and video too. You are innocent until convicted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg