Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep and it is your right to get a copy. Including taped record of interview and video too. You are innocent until convicted.

Yes, I remember getting a carbonless copy of a car accident a long time ago, automatically.
These days the police just give you a reference number for the report, and you can access the report anytime you want.
I guess it saves a lot of paper and time.

Yes and if you had that why would you run around asking people for declarations of your character not to mention the more direct request.

Somewhere along the line, Spedding decided to do all he could to get out from under public suspicion. imo

The spin from ole Col. The video loaded up on YouTube. The character declarations. The continued public denials. The defamation suits. And now going for court costs.

Interestingly, there has been no public comment on the result of the historical child sex trial(s). Maybe he is not accessible for comment? You would think he would want anything favourable out there, in the public arena ... but I guess it may not be entirely favourable.

He knows his alibi and actions during the day that William disappeared are very suspect. He cannot prove his alibi, likely for good reason. imo
He must know/suspect what kind of mobile trail, CCTV trail, other evidence the police have on him.
He must be very aware of what keeps him a primary POI.

I think he is a very wily character, and some people underestimate his all-round manipulations.

Last edited:
Was just looking at this 'obsessive, compulsive' commentary by a judge again.

Wonder who the woman is, who was also accused of sexually abusing children? The case evidently went to trial, or a committal hearing, if a judge made the on-record obsessive, compulsive comments.

Does this mean that Spedding has faced other child sex abuse charges, prior to the recent historical charges trial? I think it does.

The witness, who cannot be named, claimed Mr Spedding and another woman sexually abused children. These allegations, which were unrelated to the charges he now faces, were rejected by a judge, who said he was “reasonably satisfied” the abuse did not occur.

The judge found the witness may also have sought to influence the evidence of the children allegedly involved, the court documents show.
The witness, who has separately alleged Mr Spedding committed the offences for which he currently faces charges, was “obsessive, compulsive and bizarre”, the judge said.
The Australian - JUNE 27, 2015

Last edited:
Somewhere along the line, Spedding decided to do all he could to get out from under public suspicion. imo

The spin from ole Col. The video loaded up on YouTube. The character declarations. The continued public denials. The defamation suits. And now going for court costs.

Interestingly, there has been no public comment on the result of the historical child sex trial(s). Maybe he is not accessible for comment? You would think he would want anything favourable out there, in the public arena ... but I guess it may not be entirely favourable.

He knows his alibi and actions during the day that William disappeared are very suspect. He cannot prove his alibi, likely for good reason. imo
He must know/suspect what kind of mobile trail, CCTV trail, other evidence the police have on him.
He must be very aware of what keeps him a primary POI.

I think he is a very wily character, and some people underestimate his all-round manipulations.

Yes, all that twisting and turning makes me even more suspicious of him at times. He just doesn’t pass the pub test when it comes to being a normal, knockabout bloke to me.

ETA: Sort of like ‘Methinks m’lady doth protest too much.’ After all, I wonder how many members of the public would remember PB and DN as being POI’s in William’s case? AJ possibly, after his antics in Surry Hills earlier this year.

Seems to me if there wasn’t all this squirming and high drama emanating from BS’ camp, people (other than us, of course) would’ve only probably raised a vague eyebrow when his name was mentioned (outside the Port Macquarie area, anyway) in MSM in some obscure and increasingly rare story about William’s disappearance.

He’s his own worst enemy, that bloke IMO.

Last edited:
Was just looking at this 'obsessive, compulsive' commentary by a judge again.

Wonder who the woman is, who was also accused of sexually abusing children? The case evidently went to trial, or a committal hearing, if a judge made the on-record obsessive, compulsive comments.

Does this mean that Spedding has faced other child sex abuse charges, prior to the recent historical charges trial? I think it does.

The witness, who cannot be named, claimed Mr Spedding and another woman sexually abused children. These allegations, which were unrelated to the charges he now faces, were rejected by a judge, who said he was “reasonably satisfied” the abuse did not occur.

The judge found the witness may also have sought to influence the evidence of the children allegedly involved, the court documents show.
The witness, who has separately alleged Mr Spedding committed the offences for which he currently faces charges, was “obsessive, compulsive and bizarre”, the judge said.
The Australian - JUNE 27, 2015

This is what I’ve been wondering. Who was/is she?

January 27, 2015
We’re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph

TRADESMAN Bill Spedding was interviewed by Family and Community Services about his treatment of children just days before detectives began investigating him over the disappearance of little William Tyrell.

The mother of one of the children who had lived with the Speddings said she now wants the child back. “They should be home with me,” the mother, who cannot be identified, said.

Mr Spedding had been initially interviewed by FACS workers on December 9 last year in an inquiry separate to the Tyrell case.

Following a call from CrimeStoppers, the homicide squad turned their attention on Mr Spedding in mid-December without knowing about the December 9 FACS inquiry.

The mother who wants her child back said she was informed by FACs in December it was investigating Mr Spedding but would not tell her why.

The same month Port Macquarie detectives tried to contact her, she said, adding that she was horrified when she saw news reports of police searching the Speddings’ home.

The mother said her child was removed from her home by FACs because of a domestic situation. She has turned her house into a shrine to the lost child.

The child’s room is untouched and she has not taken the Christmas tree down since the child was removed early in 2011.

-.-.-

When I read backwards from new to old posts, I found a question re the mother of a foster child (with the mosaic memory wall) cared for by the Speddings. I think, also asked was for the time/date.
Who posted the question, I've forgotten to note, sorry.

Just then BS and MS did marry (around the abuse of 3 yo/6 yo). In a previous thread we only asked, who would marry someone with an accusation of that sort .... Today it would make a lot of sense to me, if this woman who married him, had been/is still his "partner in crime", IMO. Somehow very logical, she had no reason to distance herself from her husband, when the WT investigation began - until today. MOO and so on.

Just then BS and MS did marry (around the abuse of 3 yo/6 yo). In a previous thread we only asked, who would marry someone with an accusation of that sort .... Today it would make a lot of sense to me, if this woman who married him, had been/is still his "partner in crime", IMO. Somehow very logical, she had no reason to distance herself from her husband, when the WT investigation began - until today. MOO and so on.

Yes, I was wondering similar. Especially with the removal of the grandchildren and the presumed choice to stay with Spedding, instead of having Spedding leave and keeping the grandchildren.

That always bewildered me.

After all, they had lived apart for a year when the grandchildren were first placed with Margaret. And Spedding had a little unit above his shop with a mattress and who knows what else.

Though maybe there was no choice to be had.

Last edited:
Yes, I was wondering similar. Especially with the removal of the grandchildren and the presumed choice to stay with Spedding, instead of having Spedding leave and keeping the grandchildren.

That always bewildered me.

After all, they had lived apart for a year when the grandchildren were first placed with Margaret. And Spedding had a little unit above his shop with a mattress and who knows what else.

Though maybe there was no choice to be had.

Hmm. The deeper we dive, the murkier the water gets.

Yeah or he has convinced her or there is compelling reason for her to believe that this man's children were attacked by a notorious paedophile and is the brother of his soon to be ex and he is horrified at not only that but the ex and in laws want to stitch him up for it. Especially as he is leaving the marriage and would probably use those grounds to gain custody. MOO

I’ll defer (demur?) to your superior maths knowledge. It makes my brain hurt.

I vaguely remember that MS and BS married ‘later that year’ after the CSA of the two victims occurred but I haven’t been able to find the post/MSM article . . . yet. Could have been during an access visit. I wonder if Marg was living in the caravan with BS on the property in Campbelltown(?) before they married? And, if so, for how long?

Can’t find the post/article relating to the timing of BS and MS’ marriage so OP’s will have to take it as IMO or IIRC or some such. Or rumour. Whatever.

Poor BS. Just because he thinks everyone is out to get him doesn’t mean they aren’t. Lord, save me from his excuses.
What excuses has he offered? An alibi, like everyone else questioned in the case I imagine? A defence in a trial? Or would you like to be saved from other members exploring any other possibilities in aspects of the case related to him? I don't know BS from a bar of soap. I have followed WT's case from day one through the media. When they 1st splashed BS van passing a police search site on the front page of the paper, and all but calling him the suspect without charging him was the day I went looking for a forum that is seriously discussing this case. I also called the paper registering my anger with the editor, who said they had received many calls sharing the exact same sentiment, that the paper was subverting natural justice for the man. So from my own experience it did not pass with a mere raising of the eye brow, but a real concern for civil rights in this country. MOO

What excuses has he offered? An alibi, like everyone else questioned in the case I imagine? A defence in a trial? Or would you like to be saved from other members exploring any other possibilities in aspects of the case related to him? I don't know BS from a bar of soap. I have followed WT's case from day one through the media. When they 1st splashed BS van passing a police search site on the front page of the paper, and all but calling him the suspect without charging him was the day I went looking for a forum that is seriously discussing this case. I also called the paper registering my anger with the editor, who said they had received many calls sharing the exact same sentiment, that the paper was subverting natural justice for the man. So from my own experience it did not pass with a mere raising of the eye brow, but a real concern for civil rights in this country. MOO

Yeah, OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member