Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
That I didn't not know, about the AC. I did read she had asthma. I still believe, however she was going to her mom's during/right after her run. I can't see her putting the dogs in the basement for a 45 minute jog around town. I know she had open invite to dinner and guess needed to get the car. I don't recall hearing anything about where her car keys were either, though. jmo
I didn't know she had asthma. I have asthma and I can't get out and RUN down to the mailbox at the end of a long driveway. I have to walk instead for exercise. I am very confused now about her taking it up.
If you think a hot upstairs brings on asthma, just imagine what running on a hot afternoon is like. When the body temp rises by whatever means it irritates the cilia and swells the bronchial tubes.

First post on this case. I have a bad feeling about the intersection of E 2nd St and Clay St.

Ever since the guy down the street said he saw her go by, but she never got to Casey's. Had this feeling for a week and just now see that car wash on the corner is a place of interest on the LE map. Something happened on that block, IMO.

Seems like WS used to do polls. I would like to know after all this time the way sluethrs are leaning.
Random
An acquaintance
Stranger
Sex Offender
Somebody closer
While home
While jogging
From Brooklyn
Trucker
Male
Female
I'm sure somebody a lot better than me can come up with a better poll but I'd sure be curious to see how everybody's leaning. TIA
i was leaning towards acquaintance or someone known to her in some way but to be honest just the way the press conference was worded made me think stranger.

That I didn't not know, about the AC. I did read she had asthma. I still believe, however she was going to her mom's during/right after her run. I can't see her putting the dogs in the basement for a 45 minute jog around town. I know she had open invite to dinner and guess needed to get the car. I don't recall hearing anything about where her car keys were either, though. jmo

AC is mention here. (20 min interview with DJ, mom and dad). 13Raw: Tibbetts Family Keeping Hope Alive That Mollie Will Come Home Safe

If this crime was
a. pre-meditated {SA, stalking-related, a revenge crime (against whom?)}
b. done by someone within a 20 mile radius, who knew the area pretty well
c. and, some of the times of MT's movements given to us originally were a little off

here's a sequence:

1. perp drives into brooklyn, 5:00 pm, or so
2. drops off his mother/parents/elderly grandmother/a friend/his children, etc. at the CHURCH
3. waits around, gets a car wash, eats, does whatever
4. follows, and eventually, hurts, disables, silences MT;
5. drives to a temporary location nearby <5 miles away. (hunter's cabin, fishing shack,etc) (throws away, destroys her electronics )
6. hides MT there restrained, or worse.
7. retrieves his family-member(s)/friend at the church
8. takes them home
9. returns to temporary location, retrieves MT, much later that night, or whenever.

First post on this case. I have a bad feeling about the intersection of E 2nd St and Clay St.

Ever since the guy down the street said he saw her go by, but she never got to Casey's. Had this feeling for a week and just now see that car wash on the corner is a place of interest on the LE map. Something happened on that block, IMO.
I wouldn’t think runner would want to continue West on 2nd and cross both Clay and Jackson street to get to Casey’s. That’s the only place in town where there’s always going to be traffic stopping and turning. A runner would likely go north two blocks and cross at Green St.

The 5:00 interests me, too. As someone pointed out, that might be when a business got out in Brooklyn. But it also seems to be about the time her brother would have been picking her up in Grinnell, right? We know her brother dropped her off around 5:30--- does he drive all the way to Grinnell? Or is there a co-worker with whom she rides to/from Brooklyn sometimes and he picks her up at their house?
The fact that nobody in her family seemed bothered by her not coming over to dinner, not coming over to pick up the car, and not even particularly alarmed that she didn't take the car in the morning leads me to believe there is a co-worker or acquaintance she sometimes rides with. What do you think?

i was leaning towards acquaintance or someone known to her in some way but to be honest just the way the press conference was worded made me think stranger.

I agree I thought person known to her but now I'm not sure. I think it would be easier for LE to find her if it were a local involved. Just praying that something breaks soon her family must be drained. My heart breaks for them.

The list of woman and children that just vanish grows every year. It's horrible.

I wouldn’t think runner would want to continue West on 2nd and cross both Clay and Jackson street to get to Casey’s. That’s the only place in town where there’s always going to be traffic stopping and turning. A runner would likely go north two blocks and cross at Green St.
Thanks so much for your helpful comments and especially your videos. I must say, your videos completely changed my mind.

I had considered she might have run out for a soda pop or pizza after doing some homework, but after watching your videos, I don't think any young woman would go bopping out like that after dark and in that location. Do you?

Also, do you know what time the rain started that evening?

You discussed the condition of the dirt road near DJ's house that you don't think Mollie would ever run on but that as a point of interest she must have been on. Do you suspect that LE might have tire prints?

Thanks again for your insight!

I am way behind this morning, and apologize if my post is redundant.

Does anyone have a link to the LE comment that states Mollie's run was 15 minutes on the night she disappeared? Can we add that info to the list of facts? And, has anyone figured out where Mollie would have been 15 minutes into her run. Maybe using a circular distance from her boyfriends house?
TIA

I really think that any theory starting out with Mollie getting grabbed is off the tracks from the start, not a single piece of evidence supports that.
Other than she’s been missing for almost four weeks and they haven’t a clue where she is? There is no evidence that doesn’t support a random snatching off her jogging route either.

The 5:00 interests me, too. As someone pointed out, that might be when a business got out in Brooklyn. But it also seems to be about the time her brother would have been picking her up in Grinnell, right? We know her brother dropped her off around 5:30--- does he drive all the way to Grinnell? Or is there a co-worker with whom she rides to/from Brooklyn sometimes and he picks her up at their house?
The fact that nobody in her family seemed bothered by her not coming over to dinner, not coming over to pick up the car, and not even particularly alarmed that she didn't take the car in the morning leads me to believe there is a co-worker or acquaintance she sometimes rides with. What do you think?
That and a whole lot more! Good luck with keeping this post visible.

I'm so happy Sharon Needles drove through and filmed the town. Very interesting that driving through gave him the intuition that the town isn't the kind of place someone would be easily swooped off the road. The video can't capture that feeling. To us it looks like there aren't a ton of people out and about (but would there be? a girl just disappeared) but I do notice a fair amount of traffic. But the feeling there are people watching you is something you can only experience.

I am way behind this morning, and apologize if my post is redundant.

Does anyone have a link to the LE comment that states Mollie's run was 15 minutes on the night she disappeared? Can we add that info to the list of facts? And, has anyone figured out where Mollie would have been 15 minutes into her run. Maybe using a circular distance from her boyfriends house?
TIA
That is not a fact.

It was stated early on she sometimes used DJ's truck.
I think the family was used to M being self sufficient.

I am the parent who would tell my daughter I'll bring you a brat right over.
I'll grab JT & bring you the car over, no need to stress over a little thing.
But that's the way I am.......

That and a whole lot more! Good luck with keeping this post visible.

I want to make it clear that I trust the family and the LE who cleared them. I'm mostly trying to say that if she is a creature of habit, then her habits must include not needing the car and not coming to dinner. Hopefully her family has been able to point LE to what she usually does in those instances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wulongfei125