Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're too quick for me-- I deleted because the pic is actually from 2013. But there are other car washes near by that you can find online. I only noticed because I'm curious about this place's hours.
My guess is that it has "owner's hours" meaning they are open around the time when the owner or manager gets there and close when they leave. I'm from the Twin Cities area in MN but have traveled to rural MN many times and it's exactly like Brooklyn (makes sense as we're neighbors state-wise). A bunch of local places that everyone in town knows the owner of. Posted hours don't mean a whole lot at said places and towns like Brooklyn obviously aren't reliant on tourism so they only cater to the local populace.

He didn't text her until next morning so see if she needed a ride home from work...as I've read earlier. He didn't notice she didn't respond until later...again as I've read earlier.
It was to work not ride home from work. It would be time sensitive and kind of cutting it close to wonder the morning of about who needs the car or ride when she worked a half an hour drive away. Does he work and is it also in the same town or somewhere else?
I haven't figured out the logistics of the shared car thing, yet. But, I did see where he said MY car.
So, he would consider the onus to be on her, I guess.

Last edited:
If the predator is not from the community, then as mentioned several times it seems he would be in the area for work or perhaps visiting somebody. If not, then he might have specifically been out “hunting”.

Might he have been traveling the back roads and not the highway for a reason.

Any past cases yet that we can possibly connect as similar? We could be looking at years back...

I'm reposting this new info for those who may have missed it.

Officials Highlight “Areas of Concern” In Search for Mollie Tibbetts

(Snipped)
Detectives are focusing on two areas of rural land north and south of Interstate 80, as well as the TA truck stop at the Brooklyn exit, a country road just west of town and a car wash in town. The owner of D &M car wash tells Channel 13's off camera, he gave surveillance video and credit card transactions from July 18th and July 19th to the FBI.

Is this carwash the typical, small town,all hours, coin operated, wash-it-yourself type? If so, they are typically pretty low-key and almost look abandoned unless someone is using them. At least, that is how they are in my neck of the woods. That is what I keep picturing. Has a picture of this carwash been shared here and I missed it? I am picturing the typical 2-3 bay cinder block construction with no frills as opposed to the mechanized type you find that are actually manned with employees and have general business hours.

Not for a rural area. Could be a garden hose and a Dysin plugged in. More likely attached to a gas station.

I still firmly believe this is connected to other I 80 Kidnapping murders and disappearances from Chicago to the Pacific Ocean.

Especially in light of LE releasing no info and the number of agents involved. There are a lot of unsolved cases around the interstate. It would take less than 20 minutes to be in and out of Brooklyn.

As a long time runner, I would like to note that slow running times only indicate that she is not a fast runner. That is all it indicates. Runners come in all body types and paces. Many runners I know manage asthma just fine. She may be an interval runner, or possibly just enjoys a nice leisurely pace. Just dropping my two cents here since I belong to a community of runners where you will find all ages, types, paces and walks of life. It is a misconception that runners are all long, lean and fast.
The things that draw most of us out in the heat to run are enjoyment, training for a specific race,stress relief, fitness maintenance or weight loss. Maybe she was just seeking self improvement or stress relief?
Hope this helps clear that up.

Good points! I’m asthmatic, however, running/strenuous exercise isn’t a trigger. However, I have to reach for my inhaler if I encounter someone smoking (even outside) or certain household cleaners (Pine Sol). Mollie has been running a long time obviously not something she just started to get someone’s attention.

Awa
Hi folks.

I haven’t weighed in yet on my assessment of the PC.

My heart is very heavy and I’m overwhelmed with emotion so am going to keep it brief for now.

I have seen 2 other Press Conferences which were very eerily similar—Jessica Ridgeway’s and, as mentioned, Abby’s and Libby’s.

There is little doubt in my mind that a violent sexual predator is likely suspected/at play here, moo.

While pondering why they are not seeing the reason to warn the community, I think this is because they have turned that town upside down and possibly suspect that this predator might not be from the community.

The profile released is the standard FBI profile which I posted in the early threads (by memory, unfortunately), with the addition of some new points (note to comment on specifically later). They also advised the community to remain vigilant, which is never good.

I have much more to say about this PC, which imo, is quite revealing. But I’m too upset to go into it right now and can barely post.

Is there a full transcription yet of the PC yet anywhere by any chance? This would make it easier for me to specifically outline some thoughts and interpretations if I can respond to it line by line.

Sorry this is not my most eloquent post. My heart is on the floor.

And I’m very worried about who could be next. I do think there will be a next victim.

Awaiting your comments

I thought of that. But, it seems with a pet sitter there they wouldn't resort to that.
To me, it's the kind of device you use when you are going to be leaving the dogs alone for a longer period of time.
Some have noted that they use such a means every day and their dog still only eats at a set meal time. It depends on the dogs. But, I gathered that these dogs lived upstairs with the owners and slept in the beds with them. So, with that in mind, why have a ready feeder in the basement?

These are younger folks - and it could simply be a gadget. And some folks have food dispensers they can control with their phones! Also looks like these folks live very busy lives and construction is not a 9-5 sort of occupation, is it? Could be something they use all the time. Mollie might be there to make sure the dogs stretch their legs, get some fresh air, and take care of busy outside.

Just a note about the contacts. In the beginning, Mollies mom said her glasses and contacts were still in the home. When she said "everything was where she left it", I took this to mean there was a pair of contacts soaking in the case. We don't know how many unopened pairs she had left, but according to her mom, they were all accounted for. As a contact lense wearer for 25 years, I would never go for a jog or even walk down the hall without contacts or glasses. I never wore contacts while on a jog, for AS an obstetrician on this site stated, they become dried out from wind as you run. Not to mention dust particles and pollen getting in your eyes. I always wore prescription sunglasses. My vision must be similar to Mollies, as she couldn't see without them, that is how I describe my eyesight as well. Her glasses and contacts were in the house. If I were going away, even for a weekend, I would bring extra pairs ( as they sometimes rip) and certainly my case, solution, and glasses. It appears as if she was not wearing anything, if she went missing on her jog, and didn't make it back to the house. Why would she do this? This is the one thing that has just never made sense to me.

Remember when the mom said LE asked her if Mollie was in a house at 9:45p.m? I've always thought there was some form of communication at that time. I can't find the link to that anywhere anymore tho.

What strikes me so much about this is how is her mom supposed to know? I imagine she told LE that she's not really living at her house. My parents aren't going to know where I was at 9:45 last night, and I'm only a few years older than Mollie. There is a reason behind this specific question...

I always wondered if that was the time the Snapchat was sent, although we have no confirmation.

MsBetsy, I keep thinking that too. I am thinking the Snapchat was sent at an unknown location. And that unknown location is the POI house. I think LE might be telling us now that there was no contact after Mollie's run (which would include the Snapchat) because they don't want the POI to know and them to flee, because of that happens they might not be able to find Mollie. If they keep the POI in the dark (by telling US that there was no contact) then they may not spook the POI and they can gather more evidence to get him and find Mollie so to speak.

This train of thought sort of formed while I was sleeping—- it’s like my brain just keeps churning the info no matter what I’m doing!

Mollie disappeared on a summer Wednesday evening. Just a regular old weekday evening. Who is out and about then? People coming home from work. I am looking at that huge paving/construction company right on the edge of town in Brooklyn. In the Midwest, summer is a mad rush to get road work/construction projects done before the snow returns. They do road work 24/7 around the clock where I live.

I had the thought a construction worker may be involved. He could have been on his way home from a job site, perhaps stopped by that office building for something, happened to see Mollie on the road, and just snatched her. She would be no match for a strong guy like that.

He might move around to wherever the current job site is, but be familiar with the town of Brooklyn because the company office building is there. A varying work schedule could hide being home early/late from a wife/family. Cuts/dirt/bruises the norm and not even noticed.

That said, my gut tells me this person worked his way up to this and has committed other crimes. Which could tie in these sexual assaults that were happening to women on rural Iowa roads exactly one year ago:
Women assaulted on rural roads in Linn and Black Hawk Counties, deputies say

I looked at the locations on a map, and these assaults form a triangle across this same area. Again, they could coincide with job sites or routes the perp took for work. I looked all over and couldn’t find anything about this guy ever being caught.

My hunch— this is a “cool & collected” type of guy, 35-45 years old.

Last edited:
The poster had located where the log in came from and it looked like a storage place or big shed...and then I think it was deleted.
It was posted very early on .
The poster had located where the log in came from and it looked like a storage place or big shed...and then I think it was deleted.
BTW I thought this to be very important...if you were covering your tracks, making an entry into her computer would help throw off the timeline etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiRi224