Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34, dec.), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it a motion to delay the autopsy 48 hours, or to delay the release of the autopsy *results* (to the public) 48 hours in order to allow the defense time to review the results?

I don’t recall a case where attorneys get to dictate the schedule in collecting and processing of forensic evidence (which an autopsy is). Edited to add: can an attorney weigh in, please? I’m trying to understand.

The prosecutor specifically asked that question. It was give the defense time to prepare motions for evidence preservation. It was NOT an order to hold the autopsy - just to give the defense as much notice as possible. The judge specifically said, if the ME was not able to give 48 hours notice, the ME should let them know that as soon as reasonably possible.

For 2 nites CW was unable to stay in the home where he murdered his family due to the "ghost town" he created.

I hope he's haunted every moment of the remainder of his life. I hope someone speaks their names out loud to him regularly & often . I hope they serve him his kids fav foods. I hope he hears their laughs and their cries all thru the night. I hope he smells his wife's perfume , hears her footsteps.

He is a worthless coward who doesnt deserve to draw another breath and should be reminded often.

No. I agree with you. Nothing is black and white. Humans are complex and reasons for evil can be subtle.

If he was pure evil he never would've confessed unless already caught and bragging or wanting to further hurt someone.

I guessed he would confess soon because although he was emotionless and not acting at all concerned, he used some loaded words like "emotional", "traumatic" "ghost town" and he had a reaction when asked to spell his kids' names. Also, the words used at the presser before he confessed were a real signal to me that they felt they could get a confession and were appealing to his feelings.

I think he does have some feelings of remorse. Not like a normal person. But something.

Nevertheless I still think he's a disgusting being and I'd like to hurt him. Physically.

His evil may not be black and white but my anger is.

(RBBM)

Cheers to that. I went back and watched the interview with the above (bolded) in mind. I had noticed that he did not refer to any of them by name until the reporter asked for the names and spelling in the unedited version. It seemed like saying their names broke down the distancing he kept using in his language, which likely reflected his thought patterns.

It was like saying their names brought them momentarily back to life for him. Then sadness, as I wondered whether they called out to him or to each other in bewilderment and fear, and those were the echos he was hearing ringing in his ears.

I'm so relieved these sweet little girls have been located.

I feel so awful for the persons who were searching for them and all that's entailed upon bringing them in for the medical examiner's office.

My heart breaks again and again for what these girls and their Mom endured.

May God comfort the family and friends of Shannon Celeste Bella & little Nico.

I definitely think many of the men and women working this case are going to go home, put their heads down and cry.

A May, 2018 FB post also has Shanann opening a FabFitFun Box. Those are boxes one has to subscribe to, and pay for on credit cards. “Mommybloggers” do this on their YouTube channels in order to get views. Do we know if Shanann also had a YouTube channel?

Also, can someone please repost the “Schlub to fit” Instagram Shanann posted where Chris is transformed via Le-Vel? I’d find that humiliating, but maybe Chris was cool with the FB postings.

I hope I’m not pissing anyone off with my posts, but I’m really thinking this family was in a debt crisis, all due to living way beyond their means and falling for scams.
I would think he was ok with it. Based on a March 26 Instagram post from Shanann, CW was selling Thrive too.

Im still catching up. So I’m not sure if this has been mentioned or not. I’m thinking an autopsy will verify if SW was pregnant. If so, more charges and motions will likely be filled.
Unfortunately, unless the fetus took at least 1 breath outside the womb, it is not a crime to kill an unborn child in Colorado.

Her parents, sibling.... I can't imagine the pain they are enduring. His parents as well. To have a son that would murder his entire family...I can't imagine being in either of them places. Horrendous.
It appears that his mother had little value of her precious grandchildren's lives if she in fact tried to feed them food they were allergic to, knowing very well it could kill them. Perhaps psychotic behavior runs in his family. Just saying....

Chilling note from the end of the Wired article:

"It was important to make the research about male family annihilators available this month, says Wilson, as men are most likely to commit these acts during August, with 20 percent of cases occurring within this period."

Whoa!!! I wonder why that is?

Wondering, as others on this thread certainly are, if he "found another". If so, speculating that this other female wanted nothing to do with raising children who weren't hers.

JMVHO.

Last edited:
Not sure about Colorado, but in some states, the coroner is an elected position with only high school diploma requirements and a board certified forensic pathologist isn’t always on hand for autopsies. It makes sense for the defense to want a chance to hire their own forensic pathologist for an independent assessment, depending on the resources available.
Here in Weld County (where the bodies will be taken) the coroner is elected, but there are also 2 full time, and one or two part time forensic pathologists on staff also.

My sincere best wishes for the responders who had to recover the bodies.
It must have been difficult work emotionally, especially the bodies of such young children.
My thanks to them for their work to see that they are returned to their loved ones so they can be respectfully laid to rest.
Now I can't say their names or I'll get emotional.

Don't know if this has been posted yet. Forgive me if it has.

The Latest: Bodies of Colorado family found on oil property
The Latest: Bodies of Colorado family found on oil property

So I'm guessing he buried the babies and initially planned on burying her, as well, but his plan was cut short and that's why her recovery was quicker?

I just looked through her Instagram again all the way to the beginning. Heartbreaking. When did he lose his love for her? His soul? Did he ever have one?

The way that little one grinned all cheesy ... You guys, this is just devastating. I don't know these people, I almost feel like weird about being so...invested :(

Just horrid! What a horrible, terrible man!

I just looked at her IG and it kind of confirmed, at least in my own mind (MOO) that, as someone posted earlier that she was planning on leaving him, that she probably just told him she was leaving and taking the kids, and he probably lost it. Decided if he couldn’t have them, nobody could.

One thing that stood out to me under one of the photos is that she had mentioned that she was so glad she stayed with him, as she had “pushed him away” at first. It makes me wonder if he had an underlying personality/mental/emotional red flag that she originally felt uncomfortable about but then decided to ignore? He is a very good looking man, but maybe he had a huge problem, which would explain why their marriage was suffering after only 8 years and why their finances were suffering and why she decided to leave him...and why she was evidently hesitant to be in the relationship to begin with.

Such a cute family. So sad. I don’t know how people do this stuff.

Whoa!!! I wonder why that is?

Gitana: Bluesneakers was good enough to answer my "I wonder why". Here is her response:

Why So Many Men Kill Their Families On Sundays In August
Why? The researchers write that many of the cases are based on perceptions of masculinity and power being challenged. The reason so many cases happen on weekends and in August, they argue, is that an estranged parent (again, usually the father) will have access to the children during the summer months and weekends--but by the end of that time, he may have to return them to the mother, which would explain the killings happening in August and on Sundays. (The data bears this out: the most common motive behind the killings, the researchers found, was a family breaking up, which included issues like access to children. That category accounted for two-thirds of stated motives.)

For 2 nites CW was unable to stay in the home where he murdered his family due to the "ghost town" he created.

I hope he's haunted every moment of the remainder of his life. I hope someone speaks their names out loud to him regularly & often . I hope they serve him his kids fav foods. I hope he hears their laughs and their cries all thru the night. I hope he smells his wife's perfume , hears her footsteps.

He is a worthless coward who doesnt deserve to draw another breath and should be reminded often.

Powerful, Hazel. You're making me tear up again. I'm not a crier but man. This case.

No. Several posters have linked to proof that Colorado does not have a law against killing a fetus.

Personally I believe killing a foetus by murdering a pregnant Mother to be should be a crime but I don’t want to derail the thread by causing a debate. At least he should be spending the rest of his life in prison

Unfortunately, unless the fetus took at least 1 breath outside the womb, it is not a crime to kill an unborn child in Colorado.

Yes but his sentence wouldn't be any higher. I know Niko deserves to be counted and remembered. Little mite is a victim too. But the creep is not going to get a lesser sentence because the law wasn't in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu