Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm new here, and thanks for letting me join. I have Lupus, but am much older than she was. It pretty much controls my life and I feel bad daily. I was married long ago to a man I was afraid of, with a temper..The kids and I walked on eggshells all the time. We never knew what would set him off. He was mean. He also had affairs. I planned carefully to get away from him and still be safe. . He found someone else, and that helped, and then she divorced him and he married again. He was book smart but had no common sense. He had no friends, and after the divorce, he finally told me he was so mean to me because he was jealous of me having friends, and a good personality, and that I was pretty. He still has no friends.

This case has upset me so much. I so wish SW had just left him with no notice. Those babies, his own flesh and blood. The only reason for him doing those monstrous things, that would be understandable at all, would be if he had an undetected brain tumor. I know someone who had one the size of an orange and it changed her personality. No one knew, and neither did she.

Am grasping at straws here trying to understand this evil. As it looks now, he's a monster and psychopath.

I wonder if we were married to the same guy. Lots of them out there. More than most know. I followed your strategy. We didn't have children, and I moved out of his reach. I kept my address confidential and got a post office box in a nearby town. I lived like a person under protective custody. Financially and materially, I lost everything, but I kept my life. When I feel sorry for myself, I remember that I got out alive. Many women don't. If you are married to someone like this, enlist the help of family, plan your escape, and stay far away from him. It will never get better and it will only get worse.

Noting for the record that this is a case, though unique (“family annhilator”), in which the perp’s awareness space played a direct role in the disposal.

(Article on awareness space for reference from Jessica Ridgeway’s case for anyone who hasn’t seen it, I post it frequently in other threads:
http://www.boulderweekly.com/news/j...-lsquoawareness-spacersquo-may-lead-to-clues/

“At this point, perhaps the best path to solving this particular murder rests with the ability of law enforcement’s geographic profilers to identify the killer’s awareness space, which is defined as that geographic area that individuals have become familiar with over their lifetime. It is composed of those places that have been incorporated into a person’s memory by repeated exposure.

A person’s, including a criminal’s, awareness space is centered around those locations that are most important to them, starting with their home and including other locations such as work, a friend’s house, the primary stores where they shop, favorite walking paths, etc. It is also composed of the transportation corridors used to connect those locations to one another.“ )

ETA: Had CW not confessed and led LE to their location, this would have been the first place I would have thought to look, based strictly on awareness space.

That's interesting! We had a dead body dumped on our property some years ago (she was a psychic, too, which I found interesting) and I always wondered how that guy knew about this little used road and its deep heavily treed ditch. He wrapped her in the house's carpet and buried her under leaves, which the wild animals displaced (we're at 7000 feet in unincorporated Colorado mountains) in 8 days and the carpet roll was noticed by the guy whose road it is (crosses our property). We just thought the perp researched roads and found this one....but maybe he'd done a job or something at some time and noticed the ditch. I should ask the two families who live at the end of the road.

She just spent six weeks with family and friends but I have seen no indication from any of them that she had told them of any problems at home....or even that they suspected it. That leads me to believe it they did not suspect a think and she had not confided anything to them. I will, however, say I am curious why she would be gone for that long.

I DO think she had confided something to her friend that came over at noon and was alarmed. The fact that she was alarmed so instantly and got the police involved right away tells me she knew something. Does anyone know if she was the same friend that dropped her off at 2? If it was, I am wondering if perhaps CW had called SW while she was driving her home and maybe told her something concerning or maybe they argued on the phone. There is definitely a reason her friend was instantly alarmed.

In a much earlier post, I erroneously stated that LE was at the home before he was.

But that is incorrect. As I understand it, Nicole called LE from the home and CW was there when she called.

I also concur that he thought he would get out on bail...... likely to disappear. But bail wasn't part of the original plan as he was going to be the grieving father and husband, or one of the missing.

I wonder how they arrange a massive bail when you don't own your house or your cars, and have no appreciable other assets.
Was he going to pull a SP and dye his hair orange?

Last edited:
She just spent six weeks with family and friends but I have seen no indication from any of them that she had told them of any problems at home....or even that they suspected it. That leads me to believe it they did not suspect a think and she had not confided anything to them. I will, however, say I am curious why she would be gone for that long.

I DO think she had confided something to her friend that came over at noon and was alarmed. The fact that she was alarmed so instantly and got the police involved right away tells me she knew something. Does anyone know if she was the same friend that dropped her off at 2? If it was, I am wondering if perhaps CW had called SW while she was driving her home and maybe told her something concerning or maybe they argued on the phone. There is definitely a reason her friend was instantly alarmed.

Maybe he was raging at her because her flight was delayed and he was pissed, the friend saw the messages or heard the conversations. Her friend is the key to so much of this. I feel so sorry for her! She did all she could.

or a boyfriend that her family endorsed her having to get out of a destructive relationship they have developed with each other ?
I read he may have had a girl friend maybe they both had close friends...If she was going to leave him like family said...and he started thinking about how much they were in debt now and boy or boy what am I going to do ...my life is financial done...Curious Wonder if there was a life insurance policy?

SW's mother knew in NC that SW was going to separate from CW. And yes, NU was same friend who went to Arizona w/ SW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sumner