Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
An interesting observation: (not mine) In every single picture of CW on SW's facebook, he is wearing a purple lupus support bracelet. (she apparently had lupus). In the infamous interview he is not wearing it. Every. Single. Picture. Then, she's gone and so is the bracelet!! IMO maybe he was also sick of the whole "my wife is sick so I HAVE to show support" this as well....
Wow! Good observation. There is a post somewhere of SW saying he put that purple “Lupus Support” bracelet on when they first got together and he has never taken it off....ever! Wonder if SW tore it when she was trying to pry his hands off of her neck? It would have been something to grab ahold of for sure.

#BREAKING: we now know the charges Chris Watts has been formally charged with. They include: 3 counts of first degree murder after deliberation, 2 counts of first degree murder of a person under 12 by person in a position of trust, 3 counts of tampering with a deceased body (1/2)

Meghan Lopez on Twitter
Ouch.
Sock it to him, State of Colorado!

The charge about the termination of pregnancy reads like he killed the baby and afterwards she died as a result of it. Is that correct?

I at first interpreted it as while they couldn't get a murder charge on him with that, they are, instead, charging him with terminating the pregnancy without permission. (It wasn't a miscarriage or an abortion, the pregnancy loss was a direct result of his actions against the mother.) It's a loophole to get him on the death of the baby since they can't outright charge him for murder on that one.

Now, though, I am not sure. If the baby died first, and the crime was enough to warrant her death, wouldn't there be blood?

On or about August 13, 2018, Christopher Lee Watts with the intent to terminate unlawfully the pregnancy of a woman, namely: Shanann Watts, feloniously and unlawfully terminated the pregnancy of the woman. Further, the woman died as a result of the unlawful termination of the pregnancy, in violation of 18-3.5-103(1),(2), C.R.S

She died as a result of him trying to terminate the pregnancy? Did he punch her in the stomach and she bled to death? But count 1 also says he deliberately killed her. Maybe this is a way to hold him accountable for the unborn baby's death?
Oh my god.

I thought I was reading it wrong, or backwards. Or something.

One of these links I can't open without a subscription but something might be there. I do recall something but can't find a link. I did find this:
Family members who wish not to be identified say they overheard arguments about money. Still, neither one of them had a criminal record; Shanann got tickets for having a broken speedometer in 2002 and then two violations in 2009: broken speedometer and speeding.
Friends Called Cops After Chris Watts’ Wife and Daughters Disappeared

Chris Watts' slain family: Wife suspected infidelity

Maybe it's like the telephone game.

Thanks. Can’t open the 2nd link but I think I read it before and that’s probably why I need a subscription now. I know I read on fbook where family was saying not to believe some reports because people were trying to get attention and didn’t know anything. At the time, I took it that they were referring to her planning on leaving him - that it was false.

Reading the charges I am confused about one thing:

It says; "
Further, the woman died as a result of the unlawful termination of the pregnancy, in violation of 18-3.5-103(1),(2), C.R.S"

How can it be THAT (SW died even though he was "only" trying to terminate the pregnancy") and murder in the first degree?

Is this similar to Arizona laws where if someone dies as a result of a felony it is automatically murder in the first degree?
I wonder if he shot her in the abdomen and she bled out.

Could he have beaten her or shot her or injured her in some other way that caused her to miscarry and die from blood loss from the miscarriage? That whole charge is really confusing, or maybe just worded awkwardly?

I seem to remember the neighbors hearing shouting as well, but I couldn't tell you where I read it.

I am truly sickened at the thought of him killing the children first and then waiting for S.W. Those little sweethearts. This is hard and hurts my heart incredibly to even read the documents.

Looks to me as if this monster had this plan in his mind for at least the three weeks he was "distancing" himself from his daughters and wife.

If C.W. murdered the children first, then he could fall into this category:

Fathers Who Kill Their Kids as Revenge Against the Mother

These are my thoughts and opinions only.

I just pray that CW was not offered a plea deal for his "alleged confession." And that they will seek the death penalty in this case.
The cops can't actually provide that option, it is other ...DA, victims family. But I think they can help with the negotiations. IE he tells them where the bodies are and they won't seek the death penalty. The da would be along for any negociations.

The thing that struck me during his court appearance , he appeared angry, seething beneath the surface....I doubt that he was pleased with the media coverage and the fact that he did not get to bond out , what did he expect after doing what he did???
All this, plus his mask had come off. The man who appeared in court is who he really is. JMO

Reading the charges I am confused about one thing:

It says; "
Further, the woman died as a result of the unlawful termination of the pregnancy, in violation of 18-3.5-103(1),(2), C.R.S"

How can it be THAT (SW died even though he was "only" trying to terminate the pregnancy") and murder in the first degree?

Is this similar to Arizona laws where if someone dies as a result of a felony it is automatically murder in the first degree?

Or maybe because LE can't say whether CW meant to kill Shanann or terminate the pregnancy they included both counts? To maybe let the jury decide?

On or about August 13, 2018, Christopher Lee Watts with the intent to terminate unlawfully the pregnancy of a woman, namely: Shanann Watts, feloniously and unlawfully terminated the pregnancy of the woman. Further, the woman died as a result of the unlawful termination of the pregnancy, in violation of 18-3.5-103(1),(2), C.R.S

She died as a result of him trying to terminate the pregnancy? Did he punch her in the stomach and she bled to death? But count 1 also says he deliberately killed her. Maybe this is a way to hold him accountable for the unborn baby's death?
....OMG

I interpreted it as while they couldn't get a murder charge on him with that, they are, instead, charging him with terminating the pregnancy without permission. (It wasn't a miscarriage or an abortion, the pregnancy loss was a direct result of his actions against the mother.) It's a loophole to get him on the death of the baby since they can't outright charge him for murder on that one.

This is what I think as well. Wonder if that particular charge will stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member