Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. Probably had a gun and forced her into the car. He story would be laughable if the result wasn't so deplorable and avoidable.
From what we know thus far, it appears that he overpowered her physically, and not with a gun (as I suggested previously). I think the cause of death is going to be blunt force trauma or strangulation. We’ll see what the autopsy says.

I want to thank Tricia for shutting the thread down for a bit, it allowed me to listen to the podcast and catch up as I cleaned my kitchen :)

Part of me wishes the LE had informed the public about the surveillance video they had of him driving by her as she ran and with info about the car (black Chevy malibu) so that the public could help. But I wondered if they thought that may spook the suspect to leave. All in all, this is just sad.

I think one of the ONLY reasons they were able to get him was because they kept that info to themselves. We, as outsiders, could have done nothing to id this man. He wasn't even on our radar. If they HAD stated that they had video footage or even hinted that they had an idea of his vehicle, it would have spooked him and he'd have run. They kept this info between themselves and select members of the community who could actually help. Sure, we would have had more to talk about on the forums but at what cost?

When LE plays things close to the vest, it is generally for a reason. People were crying "cold case" when, in fact, it was heating up.

Because of his age and the unrefined nature of his crime, I think it’s likely that this is his first murder. I’d be willing to bet that he didn’t start with murder though, and there may be some sexual assault history. He may not have been very mobile, so they may not have to look at a wide area in order to link any other crimes to him.
That was my feeling too, especially since this crime appears to have been very sloppy, like a reckless, first timer. Not thought out very well except maybe a general idea of a secluded place, which he probably scoped out in days leading up to her murder. He would have easily found out she was alone just from looking on her facebook.

I cringed reading in the affidavit where surveillance camera captured the car going slowly back and forth. I know hindsight is 20/20, but if any nosy nelly from the neighborhood called the suspicious vehicle into LE, an officer may have scared him away before he had the chance to attack. We don't like getting into each others' business but we have to. Without getting into any politics or off-topic chatter, I think it's unfair to ask women haughtily to just not get attacked. But we can ask our communities to be vigilant, know your neighbors, report things out of the ordinary to the police. It just breaks your heart.

What's he been doing this past month? Going to work, carrying on as if he didn't commit this heinous act? (Apologize if already covered.) That's Ted Bundy diabolical.
I know. And the people that he lived with...knew he wasn’t around that night. And you can’t ask someone to cover for you or that person gets suspicious. What did he tell people was his alibi??

E-Verify OVERVIEW
E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from your Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Social Security Administration (SSA) records to confirm that you are authorized to work in the United States. Though participation in E-Verify is required of some employers, most employers participate voluntarily.

An employer that participates in E-Verify must post the Notice of E-Verify Participation poster provided by DHS and the Right to Work poster issued by Department of Justice, Immigrant and Employee Rights Section, shown below in English and Spanish, at the company’s hiring location. If the posters cannot be displayed at the hiring location, they should be provided to you with your job application materials.

Once you accept an offer of employment and complete Form I-9, the employer takes the information from your Form I-9 and enters it into E-Verify. E-Verify compares your information against records available to DHS and provides the employer with a case result within 3 to 5 seconds.

Primarily a voluntary system, as of November 30, 2012, a total of 20 states require the use of E-Verify for at least some public
and/or private Employers: Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia,Idaho, Indiana, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, North Carolina,Oklahoma, Pennsylvania,
South Carolina, Tennessee, Utah, ...
E-Verify Overview

It's not a perfect system and nearly impossible for Employer to detect fraudulent use of somebody else legitimate credentials to gain employment -- especially as migrant worker.

We need more high tech Social Security cards that can't be counterfeited- something like our paper currency- and employers need to check that before hiring. Of course, it could still be stolen- but someone couldn't make a phony duplicate- or just make up a number.

From what we know thus far, it appears that he overpowered her physically, and not with a gun (as I suggested previously). I think the cause of death is going to be blunt force trauma or strangulation. We’ll see what the autopsy says.
I even wondered if he ran her down with his car after his angry self went back and got it.

I did read an interesting suggestion that in light of what happened, that perhaps Fitbit might want to consider developing a panic button of some sort, something that would send out your GPS coordinates in a situation.

Makes me wonder if any previous assaults may have been committed on those vulnerable migrant workers. Preying on them would have been easier since they wouldn't likely report him.
If this is indeed a housing facility for the migrant workers, I would think someone would have sent in a tip. If someone here suggested it, there must have been others. I wonder if they had visited there and questioned them at some point.

I cringed reading in the affidavit where surveillance camera captured the car going slowly back and forth. I know hindsight is 20/20, but if any nosy nelly from the neighborhood called the suspicious vehicle into LE, an office may have scared him away before he had the chance to attack. We don't like getting into each others' business but we have to. Without getting into any politics or off-topic chatter, I think it's unfair to ask women haughtily to just not get attacked. But we can ask our communities to be vigilant, know your neighbors, report things out of the ordinary to the police. It just breaks your heart.
And sometimes, a neighbor or witness will see from a different vantage point what the victim can't see.

The narcissism in these kinds of people always expresses itself the same way. They all lie alike. In fact, the lie at its core is always the same.

Someone or something caused them to react or behave a certain way. Then there's a gaping hole between the convoluted beginning of the story and the breezy ending, and the middle section is just all so confusing. In fact, it's not even part of the story.

The beginning always sets the victim up to become responsible for things going wrong. What happened next is narrated in a way that a toddler would tell a story. ('And then Mollie was in the trunk') There's a giant leap to the outcome, which just sort of happened but has no details. In this case, Mollie is dead but it's almost like she either ran ahead of him and made that happen on her own, or it's simply a mystery and only God knows. And there were also cornstalks.

It's going to be quite interesting to see what the evidence from his car, her body, her possessions, etc. reveal. I will not be surprised to hear that there is only a single thread of truth to the story he told because there's always a piece of truth in Narcissistic story-telling. And the rest is a lie.

So when he says he drove, and circled, then he got out, then he ran, then he walked, then he talked, then she grabbed her phone, then she said yada yada, then blackout, then he had an awakening at an intersection and a broken ear piece in his lap told him she was in the trunk - I think maybe he really means this: He swiftly and aggressively abducted her by ambush, he did the phone grabbing, and she was under his control in a matter of seconds, incapacitated in some way to make her transportable, and taken to a location where she was violently assaulted and then murdered. And it was after a lot of other moving parts that there was a body drag and dumping.

I do not believe his story of how he encountered her and made contact.
"And there were cornstalks." Cornstalks of their own volition uprooted themselves from their soil and leaned over to tenderly sheath her. Really, he'll say, I was being respectful. And that ear bud on his lap levitated up from the car floor, because his story is so believable about having just stood- stood- at the trunk, outside the car. And his stopping the car, getting out, running after her was all her doing. The car drove itself with her in the trunk to an intersection where he woke up, as if in a Budd Hopkins remake. Somehow got that booboo on her head, too. Curious. Slipped his mind to walk into the Poweshiek Sheriff's Dept. at any point with the whole world looking, but had time to "like" that Sheriff's Dept. post on Mollie Tibbetts going missing.

This is why god invented the death penalty. Subhumans like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa