IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
That location is straight up V21 from the "Southeast" Red Dot on the original map, which was the intersection of V21 (200th) & 430th Street.

I'm consistently amazed at how well the data retrieval was able to narrow down these locations. They really were very close, and it is understandable how the CCTV footage giving them a car to look for was able to break the case the rest of the way.

Google Maps

• Dane Lang, who co-owns the dairy farm, told DailyMail.com that Rivera had lived there 'for the past couple of years' and had been using alias, Cristhian Baena
Pictured: The trailer on a secluded Iowa farm where Mollie Tibbetts's 'killer' lived | Daily Mail Online

That's exactly what I suggested, earlier today--that there'd be an option of using maternal surname, and/or paternal surname. (I used Christian Hernandez-Rivera as my example.)

To give the devil his due--this may not even have been intended to deceive--it's a common issue when people move from a Latino culture to the United States.

4F5632B900000578-0-image-a-11_1535047471059.jpg

Good question! Is that a Malibu?
IF it was "the" Malibu, this picture is from after his arrest, isn't it?
If so, then wouldn't the vehicle he used to commit this crime be in impound by now?
Surely its being figuratively and literally torn apart by now.
jmo

(snipped by me)
If it something that already existed, I'm wondering if it was a make-out spot. It certainly would be a dark and private location. Maybe that's how he knew about it?
I’ve been saying exactly that in private conversations. I don’t believe he found that spot that night, I think he probably knew of that spot and had been there several time before. We all know of relatively secluded spots where kids go to drink / make out / get high / whatever. That was his spot prior to abducting Mollie.

I actually do not get it either. I have seen many American flag ties. I am thinking it is because the lawyer wanted to show that this was America and he would get defended as a non citizen? IDK.

IMO, it's because the defence attorney brought up the POTUS in his opening statement, in a negative slur to defend his client, and included said slur in a formal writ to the court! (Who does that?) Also, the request written by the defence reads like a Twitter from...you know who (shall not be named). With the ill fitting jacket, his bombastic rhetoric, and the American Flag tie, this attorney looks like a central casting ringer for Columbo performing as Perry Mason!

MOO... and this is NOT meant as any kind of political statement. It is what he (the defence attorney) is. Sorry.

It's an Impala, not a Malibu. It has the round lights like the old cop cars had.

Also those picture are from today or yesterday per the article.
What would normally like like a rather ordinary photo of a house in need of paint, a dirty car, a beautiful blue sky and green landscape in middle America....now looks so scary.

jmo

• Dane Lang, who co-owns the dairy farm, told DailyMail.com that Rivera had lived there 'for the past couple of years' and had been using alias, Cristhian Baena
Pictured: The trailer on a secluded Iowa farm where Mollie Tibbetts's 'killer' lived | Daily Mail Online
While they DM refers to it as dilapidated (it is very messy around the yard), I have driven thru these areas many times. The weather does that to the exterior of these very old dwellings.
Also I noticed at least 2 satellite dishes attached to the wooden home.
The trailer is no worse (except for the trash, and that depending on the rowdy company of my 1st husband) than that we lived in when he was a buck private in the Army.
Seems common enough for me.
jmho

Thank you for posting this link - it really is quite comprehensive and includes links to many important things including the arrest warrant which describes CR taking them to the location from memory. I wonder if there is video of him driving after this and what made them put the timeframe in the warrant so exact? 8:28 (20:28 in warrant) is very specific.

I think that 8:28 is from MT's Fitbit data.

If you zoom out until you see the city of Brooklyn, you can see the bend where she was abducted and his house, roughly 1 mile to the east and 4 miles south of the bend in the road. It isn't the closest route to his house, F29 is, but maybe you have to drive by the police station to use F29.

Finding a person or a body in acres of farmland filled with barns, dirt roads, & countless rows of corn ...it looks like trying to find a needle in a haystack. I am not surprised that LE didn’t find her body in the search.

Maybe LE didn’t want help from community search parties, because it IS so easy to get lost in a cornfield, which could result in large quantities of energy finding lost members of search parties...pure conjecture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Livianth