IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pausing my perusal of this thread--DH and I will be heading out for our daily walk. Mollie will be first and foremost in our minds and hearts.

117297-c6ce5ddfc7213f1594b17914a2a7f5cb.jpg

Attachments

• bigstock-Pink-love-key-25699595.jpg
    bigstock-Pink-love-key-25699595.jpg
    466.8 KB · Views: 3
and it's really dirty? ugh - it has to be another car. Surely they would have impounded the real car immediately???
I don't know much about cars, but the arrest warrant says Chevy Malibu and some people are saying it's a Chevy Impala. Can someone be definitive?

Although I want to see this guy locked up with the key thrown down the drain, I definitely agree with his right to counsel and a translator. I think about me and the people I love-what if THEY were in a foreign country and arrested for a crime? I'd definitely hope that they had a translator. I could only imagine getting arrested in Thailand (ha, BROKEDOWN PALACE) or Russia and sitting through my trial without being able to understand what they were saying about me or to me. On a personal level, I could care less what happens to him as long as he is locked up. On a legal level, however, I think it's really important to do things by the book because one day that book might be thrown at me or someone I love. The fact that we have the right to a fair trial is huge and definitely not universal. If we didn't do that for him then it could set a precedent for everyone. I have very heated thoughts about CR but I do believe in reciprocity. This kind of thing not only gives him a fair trial (which, like it or not, is his right), but it also helps protect LE's hiney and the case in general. Without the translator he could always go back and say, "I didn't confess. I didn't understand their questions." And a jury could actually buy that just enough to find reasonable doubt. Now THAT is frightening.

Great Post, mtnlites! So great, in fact, that I'm going to bump/repost it!

I disagree. Living in Indiana, and with my house surrounded by cornfields on 4 sides, they do have a distinctive smell. Especially in the morning and evening hours and when it's damp out.

I live about 200 miles from Brooklyn and I have a cornfield right out my front door. I don't think they have an odor, especially an odor that would conceal a decomposing body.

He may be a "card", but is he the hole card you would want as your defense in a murder trial? Yeah, when you're right CharlieG, you're Right!

I wouldn't concentrate too much on him; I think there will be a whole defense team; for every thing the prosecution throws at CR; the profile of the case is getting bigger by the day.

To continue on the map observations, he picked her up drove past his house as his road was the next turn and then crossed over I-80 and then at some corner noticed her headphones at an intersection and then put her in a corn field to the west.

Doubt he drove past his own house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members