CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only reason I’m thinking not is why hide the girls in tank to cover scent if you throw her in a shallow grave the scent would be horrendous . Not trying to be disrespectful . We can’t have both arguements. But if he did dig graves then no way oil tanks were to hide scent . So why then are kids in tank ?

I've been trying to catch up and may have missed if someone mentioned what I have wondered.

Could he have drowned the girls in the tub, wrapped them in their blankets and placed them in their beds until after he killed SW. CW may have thought putting them in the tanks would hide a water drowning if found?

I REALLY appreciate not only your professional input but the fact that you're honest about the limitations that internet diagnosing offers. So many people have branded CW & SW "bi-polar, " borderline personality disorder", etc based on little more than a social media page and some interviews. As a former therapist, I generally didn't diagnose until I'd met with the client on several occasions and had them undergo various evaluations. I value both your insight AND your ethics.

I think those who are comfortable diagnosis via internet or social media should reevaluate the ethical pledge we take as mental health practitioners. Many don't know it but mental health is considered a medical field and those who practice in it are considered medical professionals, just in their own right. They have governing bodies and rules they must abide by. Some of these rules directly apply to how and when to give diagnosis.

I've been trying to catch up and may have missed if someone mentioned what I have wondered.

Could he have drowned the girls in the tub, wrapped them in their blankets and placed them in their beds until after he killed SW. CW may have thought putting them in the tanks would hide a water drowning if found?
Anything is possible, but the autopsy would find water in their lungs instead of oil, regardless of what his thinking was.

I still think that he either smothered or strangled the kids. Smothering them with a pillow would potentially explain the pillowcases in the trash.

I’ve seen stranger things. “The Ambien defense” for one. Although that seems far more believable than these patches.
LOL at Ambien! From experience I can tell you that Ambien does make one act strangely. I ordered things online and phoned people under the influence of Ambien and I remembered NOTHING about it the next day. Zero. Thought I was going senile.... When I started getting packages from online orders I placed but had no recollection of placing I stopped taking Ambien.

LOL at Ambien! From experience I can tell you that Ambien does make one act strangely. I ordered things online and phoned people under the influence of Ambien and I remembered NOTHING about it the next day. Zero. Thought I was going senile.... When I started getting packages from online orders I placed but had no recollection of placing I stopped taking Ambien.
That last part sounds cool, it’s like Christmas! Except of course you paid for the stuff. And what the hell does one do with 5 air fryers and 100 candles from Pottery Barn?!

So did you wind up with anything good? ;-)

I do think that this trial, if it goes to trial, will be memorable in the future for its defense tactics. It will be interestung to see what they focus on and try to blame-Thrive patches, Burn drinks, social media facades, stressful finances, MLMs, secret sexual urges, etc.

That last part sounds cool, it’s like Christmas! Except of course you paid for the stuff. And what the hell does one do with 5 air fryers and 100 candles from Pottery Barn?!
Gaining 10 pounds over a 4 week period of sleep-eating was worse. Luckily I was able to return some of the stuff I ordered online as it was unused and undamaged! But seriously, it will be interesting to see if the Defense bring up Thrive patches.

So did you wind up with anything good? ;-)

I do think that this trial, if it goes to trial, will be memorable in the future for its defense tactics. It will be interestung to see what they focus on and try to blame-Thrive patches, Burn drinks, social media facades, stressful finances, MLMs, secret sexual urges, etc.
Got some very nice makeup that I wouldn't have ordered if not for the Ambien! I kept it and still use this brand today :) Guess the Defense will try using anything that might stick. They have a difficult job ahead...

Since he accused SW of strangling them, I think he strangled them.

For MerryB and PommyMommy,

Since I hate to give any diagnosis without formal assessment, I can comfortable say that I don’t really see signs of narcissism. I more so see signs of someone who is knowingly telling a lie and is hoping he is telling it convincingly enough for it to be believed.

There are many different cues I picked up on while watching the interview. Subtle moments where C.W. appeared to suppress a smile or smirk, others where he appeared to be thinking more than would be reasonable for facts that should have been readily available. There were other little ‘tells” but overall:

I would have to say that there is nothing overtly present to suggest extreme emotional disturbance but that is only assessed by viewing the video interviews and reading what he has publicly stated. There is no possible (nor legal) way I could offer an actual diagnosis without having performed an actual evaluation on C.W. for myself.

Please feel free to ask any questions!

Thank you @MindHunter13 ! I appreciate your informal analysis. I have some psychological knowledge as well (though I am not a psychologist). I am in agreement with what you’ve assessed.

For MerryB and PommyMommy,

Since I hate to give any diagnosis without formal assessment, I can comfortable say that I don’t really see signs of narcissism. I more so see signs of someone who is knowingly telling a lie and is hoping he is telling it convincingly enough for it to be believed.

There are many different cues I picked up on while watching the interview. Subtle moments where C.W. appeared to suppress a smile or smirk, others where he appeared to be thinking more than would be reasonable for facts that should have been readily available. There were other little ‘tells” but overall:

I would have to say that there is nothing overtly present to suggest extreme emotional disturbance but that is only assessed by viewing the video interviews and reading what he has publicly stated. There is no possible (nor legal) way I could offer an actual diagnosis without having performed an actual evaluation on C.W. for myself.

Please feel free to ask any questions!
Thank you so much, MindHunter13. I just have one question for you regarding the BBM above. Could you describe what (as a bare minimum, perhaps) would have to be overtly present for you to conclude CW was under the influence of an EED?

Hmm...that’s an interesting theory.

Gaining 10 pounds over a 4 week period of sleep-eating was worse. Luckily I was able to return some of the stuff I ordered online as it was unused and undamaged! But seriously, it will be interesting to see if the Defense bring up Thrive patches.
The thing with “The Ambien Defense” is that there is real science behind it, your experience of eating and shopping has been proven in users of Ambien. Also, driving and not remembering it, has been documented. Ambien is a drug, while Thrive patches are a supplement. These things are more likely to do absolutely nothing, than impact your mental health. We’ll see if they try that tack.

I think those who are comfortable diagnosis via internet or social media should reevaluate the ethical pledge we take as mental health practitioners. Many don't know it but mental health is considered a medical field and those who practice in it are considered medical professionals, just in their own right. They have governing bodies and rules they must abide by. Some of these rules directly apply to how and when to give diagnosis.

Do you think pros are doing it or simply we people trying to figure out the unthinkable?

The fact that he dumped the kids in oil, will be a huge emotional coup for the prosecution. The jury will certainly be riled by this fact, as there’s simply no glossing over that.
Every single time I read that, about the kids, my gut clinches! I hope the prosecution shows lots of photos of those precious little girls so that the jury gets to know them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jenefa82