AZ - Kiera Bergman, 19, Glendale, 4 August 2018 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you to all of you for your excellent deductions on Kiera's case. There was a couple of times that I wanted to chime in, but I just got approval to post. Kiera would be honored that you guys have taken such a vested interest in her case and justice. A lot of you were able to dissect statements and actions and come to the same conclusions as the family despite the lack of information. Again, thank you all and keep up the great work.

I found this one particularly difficult to read. I hate what this worthless loser apparently did to Kiera:

“Court documents released Wednesday detailed a long history of alleged domestic violence at the hands of Clark against Bergman.

The 19-year-old’s unidentified friend and roommate told police that Bergman told them that Clark would ‘restrain Kiera by placing one had against her upper chest and throat.’

That same friend also told police that they had seen bruising on Bergman ‘which was caused by Jon during such a domestic abuse’ at least once, but added they had never witnessed the physical abuse.

The friend also told police that on Aug. 4, the same day Bergman went missing, the two had a discussion ‘about the possibility Kiera was pregnant.’ Bergman was picked up from work by Clark because she was not feeling well. It would be the last time she was seen in person.

Court documents said Clark told the friend that Bergman ‘stormed out of the apartment’ after getting into an argument over Clark possibly moving to Texas to live with his aunt.

The friend then started receiving text messages from Bergman’s phone that claimed that she was with an unknown guy at his house, but the friend quickly became suspicious because of the formatting of the messages and Clark’s history of accessing her accounts.

‘I knew from the few times I interacted with (Clark) … that he was not a good person,’ Bergman’s mother, Kiersten Bragg, told a San Diego, California, TV station.

[SBM]” (BBM)
http://ktar.com/story/2213245/ex-boyfriend-charged-with-first-degree-murder-in-19-year-olds-death/
Could explain why the rm came off the way she did. She gave a lot of info it seems, and was probably asked not to talk about it.

Looks like another case where police were pretty sure who did on day 1 but had to wait for evidence and decided to publicly announce he wasn't a suspect 2 weeks ago to make him feel comfortable and let his guard down.

The text message thing is huge. For a con artist JC is not intelligent at all. I expect to hear that they found a pretty good amount of blood in his car too.

I am wondering when they got the evidence that JC was the one who sent those messages after she was already gone. did they know that from the start?

I wondered the same, especially since LE maintenaned the entire time there were no POI’s or suspects in the case.

I believed they were looking at him closely only because they seemed to be doing everything they could to keep him in custody. That spoke volumes, IMO.

For sure, I’m glad that they handled the investigation the way they did. I hope that they have a strong enough case to win a conviction, and that this pathetic coward is sentenced to the maximum penalty allowed by law. I’m so glad that he has been caught.

Wow. Now we know why the roommate and her boyfriend stayed silent, she is a witness.

Could explain why the rm came off the way she did. She gave a lot of info it seems, and was probably asked not to talk about it.

It certainly looks that way, IMO:

“In court documents released Wednesday morning, police said a combination of witness accounts and an extensive search of both Bergman and Clark's internet activity helped identify Clark as a suspect in the 19-year-old's death.

[SBM]

Officials announced earlier this month that a body found on Sept. 3 near SR-85 and Hazen Road was Bergman. According to court paperwork, there were no obvious signs of a cause of death.

News of the charges against Clark did not come as a surprise to Bergman's parents.

‘We believed from the beginning he was involved, but without any information we didn't want to put him out there as a bad person without knowing some facts,’ her father, Chris Bragg, said.

‘I was relieved and in a way I'm happy,’ said Kiersten Bragg. ‘I pray that the situation opens up a lot of especially young women's eyes to the dangers that are out there and that you think twice before you get involved with certain people.’

Court documents confirmed that Bergman and Clark had a history of domestic disputes, and multiple people who lived at the couple's Phoenix apartment complex had witnessed the pair getting into verbal altercations.

[SBM]” (BBM)
Kiera Bergman update: Ex-boyfriend charged with murder in her death

Now this article

says
A judge set Clark's bond at $1 million. His next scheduled court date is September 18.

But the article posted in #717 says:

A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Sept. 21.

A defense attorney has not yet been appointed.” (BBM)
Police: Kiera Bergman's ex-boyfriend used cellphones to hide her death

So - since I can't find the "murder" case in the court site - can someone look & see what the actual date is?

TIA! :)

Now this article

says
A judge set Clark's bond at $1 million. His next scheduled court date is September 18.

But the article posted in #717 says:

A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Sept. 21.

A defense attorney has not yet been appointed.” (BBM)
Police: Kiera Bergman's ex-boyfriend used cellphones to hide her death

So - since I can't find the "murder" case in the court site - can someone look & see what the actual date is?

TIA! :)
I haven’t been able to find the murder case on the court site, either, but the MCSO Inmate Information Page shows the date of Sep. 18:
Maricopa County Sheriff's Office

Attachments

• F695448B-B37C-4E9D-B26A-842ED1F89D20.jpeg
    F695448B-B37C-4E9D-B26A-842ED1F89D20.jpeg
    82.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 33582447-9C76-4371-BC60-6F87BD9F9575.jpeg
    33582447-9C76-4371-BC60-6F87BD9F9575.jpeg
    72.5 KB · Views: 12
I found this one particularly difficult to read. I hate what this worthless loser apparently did to Kiera:

“Court documents released Wednesday detailed a long history of alleged domestic violence at the hands of Clark against Bergman.

The 19-year-old’s unidentified friend and roommate told police that Bergman told them that Clark would ‘restrain Kiera by placing one had against her upper chest and throat.’

That same friend also told police that they had seen bruising on Bergman ‘which was caused by Jon during such a domestic abuse’ at least once, but added they had never witnessed the physical abuse.

The friend also told police that on Aug. 4, the same day Bergman went missing, the two had a discussion ‘about the possibility Kiera was pregnant.’ Bergman was picked up from work by Clark because she was not feeling well. It would be the last time she was seen in person.

Court documents said Clark told the friend that Bergman ‘stormed out of the apartment’ after getting into an argument over Clark possibly moving to Texas to live with his aunt.

The friend then started receiving text messages from Bergman’s phone that claimed that she was with an unknown guy at his house, but the friend quickly became suspicious because of the formatting of the messages and Clark’s history of accessing her accounts.

‘I knew from the few times I interacted with (Clark) … that he was not a good person,’ Bergman’s mother, Kiersten Bragg, told a San Diego, California, TV station.

[SBM]” (BBM)
http://ktar.com/story/2213245/ex-boyfriend-charged-with-first-degree-murder-in-19-year-olds-death/

I kept wondering if she was pregnant but didn’t want to be insensitive. Unfortunately murder rates for women leaving domestic abuse are high; but even higher if they are pregnant.

BOYFRIEND CHARGED WITH MURDER OF EL CAJON TEEN

Her parents have told media outlets that they didn’t like Clark from the onset and suspected him when their daughter went missing. They described him as controlling, answering questions for Bergman instead of letting her speak.

When authorities initially questioned Clark about Berman’s disappearance, they found evidence of other crimes in his vehicle and arrested him on credit card fraud before now charging him with first degree murder in Bergman’s death.

Niya Martinez, a close friend of Bergman, told Fox 5 they attended Valhalla together and both worked at a local hamburger restaurant. She described Bergman as a “giant ray of sunshine,” adding, “she was everything I wish that I could be.”

Wow!! I am so sorry for doubting the friend. On the text messages, LE likely pulled information from the router about who accessed it and then they knew the messages were a red herring as they were sent from within the house. Given there are other people at the house they may have wanted to find other concrete evidence so JC couldn't blame the roommate or her bf and create reasonable doubt.

In the articles linked above the roommate said the first day Kiera was missing JC said something that was in the text message from "Kiera" after she "ran away" that the roommate never mentioned to anyone. She likely knew at that point JC did it, the messages were fake, and it was a murder. That could explain her awkward interviews - imagine thinking you know what happened and still having to answer media questions as if the person is missing? I'm sure LE told her to please not disclose anything that could jeopardize the investigation.

“However, police released a probable cause statement on Tuesday for Clark to be charged with premeditated first-degree murder.

According to the report, on the day Bergman was reported missing, she left work early and was at her Glendale apartment with Clark. He was on Facetime with his aunt and the session ended after Bergman became upset at Clark.

Wi-Fi records show a 39-minute gap with zero communication from their phones.

Then, at about 12:09 p.m., Bergman’s phone sent a text message to her roommate, Destiny Hall-Chand, asking when she was going to be home. Hall-Chand's name was redacted in the police report, but she was previously named in The Arizona Republic.

At 12:52 p.m., Clark's phone sent a text to Hall-Chand that said Bergman stormed out of the apartment. Hall-Chand went to the apartment and noticed Bergman hadn't taken her car, purse, and bank cards.

Texts between Bergman and Clark said she agreed to let Clark withdraw $500 from her account using the bank cards left behind, the court documents show.

Money withdrawn
At 1:57 pm, Hall-Chand received a text from Bergman’s phone that said she was with a man she met a grocery store and to make sure Clark would leave the apartment.

This would be the last communication between Hall-Chand and Bergman.

Bank transactions show Clark went to the Circle K store near the apartment, filled the tank on Bergman’s car with gasoline and paid with her card, the court documents state.

Clark also withdrew $300 at a Wells Fargo ATM and obtained another $200 from her account at a Walmart near the bank.

After Clark’s first interview with police, they obtained a data warrant on his and Bergman’s phones that revealed both phones were using the internet router inside Bergman’s apartment the day she went missing.

This means the text that said she was with a man she met a grocery store and the text that said to allow Clark to withdraw $500 took place inside Bergman’s apartment.

Data further revealed more activity on Clark and Bergman's phones on Aug. 7, which connected to the same router in the apartment, three days after she was reported missing.

The records show Clark and another friend were having a conversation on Instagram which the friend suggested the police could use ‘Find my iPhone’ to track Bergman. Shortly after, Bergman’s phone was inactive on the router.

After Bergman’s body was found near State Route 85, Clark was interviewed and said he was familiar with the roadway where her body was found because it’s a main travel route from San Diego to Phoenix.

When police notified Clark about the discovery of Bergman’s body, he declined to answer any more questions without an attorney.

[SBM]” (BBM)
Phone data and bank records reveal unusual activity from Kiera Bergman's boyfriend

It was during the 39-minute period during which there was no phone communication that Clark took Kiera’s life, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cricketcms