E65F9AA9-D810-416E-8C4E-338AC7EEA0BE.jpeg
    62.4 KB · Views: 31
  • 19B3AB3E-3862-4B46-A436-954281248175.jpeg
    19B3AB3E-3862-4B46-A436-954281248175.jpeg
    80.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 79AA54F7-D9DC-41D9-8A7D-FCED2C3EB3A0.jpeg
    79AA54F7-D9DC-41D9-8A7D-FCED2C3EB3A0.jpeg
    65.6 KB · Views: 22
Thank goodness! I am sure Kiera's family is feeling some sort of justice for their beautiful daughter. If they are going with premeditated murder I wonder if they will go for a death penalty case?

I figured it would be Clark, although he was somewhat convincing until we learned he was a slick con artist!

I agree the DHC and her boyfriend acted strangely. I wonder if it’ll come out they knew about it or something, I wouldn’t be surprised. DHC exhibited odd behavior for someone who is completely innocent, IMO. Wonder if we’ll ever find out why.

I figured it would be Clark, although he was somewhat convincing until we learned he was a slick con artist!

I agree the DHC and her boyfriend acted strangely. I wonder if it’ll come out they knew about it or something, I wouldn’t be surprised. DHC exhibited odd behavior for someone who is completely innocent, IMO.

I think DHC and her bf had a pretty good idea what happened. And I don't think they wanted to get caught up in it. So maybe that's why they came off so poorly. It was obvious they were hiding something. JMO
Maybe they were involved with other illegal aspects with the bf . These folks truly wasn't her friend though.

Roommate and boyfriend were odd. I agree with others who say they weren't great friends to Kiera. I found it odd that Kieras parents never really mentioned DHC after the initial reports that she called to ask if she should call the police. But now I remember what JC said in one of his interviews. It was along the lines of, her boyfriend wouldn't allow her to talk to him anymore.

So maybe they are innocent and just don't want to be caught up in what they thought would end badly? It would be nice if a reporter interviewed her.

“No Bond”:

“Case: 001 Count(s) MURDER 1ST DEG-PREMEDITATED

Bond: No Bond

Disposition: AWAITING COUNTY IA COURT
Next Court Appearance:
for:
Court:

Additional Charge for this case:
001 Count(s) DEAD PERSON-IMPROPER REMOVAL

Additional Charge for this case:
001 Count(s) TAMP W/PHY EVID-DESTROY/ALTER”
Maricopa County Sheriff's Office

Updated: Sep 11, 2018 11:22 PM EDT

Yes there is a bond $1 million bond cash only- and $25,000 from first arrest

"Clark made his first court appearance on one count of first-degree murder, one count of improper removal of a body and one count of evidence tampering. A cash-only bond was set at $1 million."

He is not going anywhere!

Police believe ex-boyfriend killed missing Phoenix woman found dead

Well once again it was the boyfriend. I really thought it was the roommate so I apologize for that. I should’ve known better.

I hope her family gets some resolution
I was going back and forth between the bf and the rm myself. I hate that this happened to her. It's so heartbreaking to see this same scenario play out time after time.

I would not be surprised if the roommate and her boyfriend are complicit in some way. Her behavior was suspicious and out of line for a bestfriend/roommate/coworker/school friend. She should have been just as upset as the family and doing everything she could to help find Kiera. The fact that she was silent and closed off is troubling to me. Her boyfriend's nervous behavior in that video makes him look suspicious as well. We still don't have all the details. I believe there is more to this story that will be revealed in the coming weeks/months. JMO.

“The boyfriend of a San Diego teen who went missing in Pheonix and whose body was found on a rural Arizona highway is being charged with her murder Tuesday, police said.

[SBM]

It was not until today that investigators have probable cause to charge him with first-degree murder,’ [Phoenix police Sgt. Vincent Lewis] said.

The reason it took so long to charge Clark was that investigators had to wait for results of some evidence and for certain parts of the investigation to be completed, Lewis said.

[SBM]

We are confident that harm befell her on (Aug. 4). She was last seen alive at her residence,’ Lewis said. ‘The questions we don’t have answers right now that we are still waiting for — and hopefully the medical examiner can answer — are cause and manner of death.’

Route 85, where Bergman’s body was found, is a popular route to and from San Diego from the Phoenix area, Lewis said. It connects Interstates 10 and 8.”
https://timesofsandiego.com/crime/2...o-teens-murder/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

When I read the last sentence, I immediately thought of @AZShamus ’s post from earlier:

“I’ve been following this case because I live in the neighborhood next to the apartment complex. I’m so sad for her family and hope they find justice for Kiera.

I am very suspicious of JC. Even more so since her body was discovered off the 85. This highway is the route one would take if traveling to or from San Diego. It is a remote area and lesser traveled. People don’t use this road unless you’re going to Gila Bend or SD. There are far more remote areas much closer to my house, specifically north of here, maybe a 20 minute drive. So it doesn’t make logistical sense for someone to go all the way to the 85, unless that someone is not familiar with the area, but familiar with that drive.“
(RBBM)
Found Deceased - AZ - Kiera Bergman, 19, Glendale, 4 August 2018

That was a great observation, and you were absolutely right.

One thing I find particularly interesting and unusual (IMO) here is that they went ahead and charged Clark with first degree murder, despite the fact that the cause or even manner of death are yet to be determined.

I understand somewhat why they would charge him with improper removal of a body and evidence tampering. They might have found a significant amount of Kiera’s blood in the trunk of Clark’s car: An amount so large, she would not have survived. Or there might have been evidence of Clark trying to remove a blood stain.

I’m sure we will not find out until much later (unless the affidavit for the arrest warrant is made public soon), but I would really like to know what evidence they have to charge him with first degree murder. I’m mainly interested because there are some case I have been following on here for quite some time, where it seems like (to me, a layperson, anyway) LE has so much evidence against someone, but no arrests are made for a long time, if ever. I would love to find out what kinds of investigative techniques were used to gather evidence in this case.

“Police: Kiera Bergman's ex-boyfriend used cellphones to hide her death”

“Authorities say a Phoenix man accused of killing his 19-year-old ex-girlfriend used cellphones to try to make it seem like she was still alive.

[SBM]

According to a probable cause statement, Clark texted himself and others from Kiera Bergman's phone after she was last seen Aug. 4.

Police say when reporting Bergman's disappearance, Clark showed several inconsistencies including mentioning details from a text that her roommate hadn't shared.

Bergman's partially nude body was found Sept. 3 in Buckeye near State Route 85. The cause of death has not been determined.

A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Sept. 21.

A defense attorney has not yet been appointed.” (BBM)
Police: Kiera Bergman's ex-boyfriend used cellphones to hide her death

I found this one particularly difficult to read. I hate what this worthless loser apparently did to Kiera:

“Court documents released Wednesday detailed a long history of alleged domestic violence at the hands of Clark against Bergman.

The 19-year-old’s unidentified friend and roommate told police that Bergman told them that Clark would ‘restrain Kiera by placing one had against her upper chest and throat.’

That same friend also told police that they had seen bruising on Bergman ‘which was caused by Jon during such a domestic abuse’ at least once, but added they had never witnessed the physical abuse.

The friend also told police that on Aug. 4, the same day Bergman went missing, the two had a discussion ‘about the possibility Kiera was pregnant.’ Bergman was picked up from work by Clark because she was not feeling well. It would be the last time she was seen in person.

Court documents said Clark told the friend that Bergman ‘stormed out of the apartment’ after getting into an argument over Clark possibly moving to Texas to live with his aunt.

The friend then started receiving text messages from Bergman’s phone that claimed that she was with an unknown guy at his house, but the friend quickly became suspicious because of the formatting of the messages and Clark’s history of accessing her accounts.

‘I knew from the few times I interacted with (Clark) … that he was not a good person,’ Bergman’s mother, Kiersten Bragg, told a San Diego, California, TV station.

[SBM]” (BBM)
http://ktar.com/story/2213245/ex-boyfriend-charged-with-first-degree-murder-in-19-year-olds-death/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeeEss91