Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the neighbors had heard or seen a ruckus, and called 911, and the police came and found 2 dead girls, and 2 parents, pummeling each other. it would have been a 'he said/she said' battle.

And if that had happened, and they both pointed fingers at the other, then I would be 50/50 on which one was the killer. I know that both mothers and fathers kill their kids, tragically enough.

So I would be open to looking at the videos and the SM posts and hearing from friends/family, to try and figure out which one did this horrible deed.

But in this case, he is pointing his finger at a pregnant dead woman, who was likely killed in the same way as his daughters were. And his explanation of events just seems very sketchy and unreal. JMO

I totally agree. But it is SO sketchy and SO unreal that it just doesn’t quite sit right with me... why didn’t he come up with something a little more plausible?

Oh, I'm such a contrarian, I would just like to know how they know all 3 died in the house. IF a cadaver dog gave the right signs, how would they know the dog was indicating 3 different bodies? But maybe they have a bunch of other evidence. Like the hair and other stuff.
@NuttMegg, you bring up a good thought. What if the cadaver dog or dogs hit on the smell of death in both the girls beds or somewhere in their bedrooms. Then you could assume that both girls died in the home as opposed to only SW dying in the home.

She strangled, then he strangled. There was only one strangler IMO. Just like there was only one person to hide the bodies.
He makes it sound like they had discussions at the dinner table about strangling being the best way to off someone. No one I have talked to would immediatly reach for someone's throat to get them off of a child or an adult for that matter. You just push, shove, knock them, especially when you are so much larger.

Imo things didn't go as maybe he planned & at a faster pace than he could keep up with. Plus as we have discussed, imo he wasn't super bright...
Yeah, something happened for sure... either it wasn’t planned or the plan was seriously derailed. Curious why you think he isn’t very bright...? Agreed, he’s not a good liar and not good at murder cleanup, but I get the sense that he’s far from dumb.

Agree @MassGuy, that likely strangulation cause of death for all 3 because in any and all photos I located on line of LE removing 2 bags from the home that night when CW was arrested, they were not wearing any protective covers or booties. Then when the defense team went in to collect items, they were also not wearing any protective covers or booties. My thinking is there was no blood involved.

Please don’t take this question as being argumentative, but don’t MEs and forensic detectives wear the booties and suits to prevent cross-contamination of evidence? Like, they don’t want people tracking in hairs or dirt that weren’t present at the crime scene, that might be picked up as evidence?

Yeah, something happened for sure... either it wasn’t planned or the plan was seriously derailed. Curious why you think he isn’t very bright...? Agreed, he’s not a good liar and not good at murder cleanup, but I get the sense that he’s far from dumb.
I don't get the sense that he is in any way bright. His behaviour in those interviews and at the Thayer home does show a bright person.

I can't really put my finger on one certain thing. Just the way the whole thing played out for him.

If he was really bright he would have told SW he wanted a divorce and that he'd take his share of responsibilities for the kids like a real man would. That would have been intelligent - rebuilding your life within the boundaries of decency and the law. He could easily have found a life partner who would love him and be eager to be a stepmom to his adorable little girls and help out with finances. He would have gotten flack for cheating on his pregnant wife but that's minor compared to triple (+ his unborn son) homicide. MOO MOO. Its understandable that we may fall out of love with a spouse and in love with someone else. Not pleasant but it happens. Normal people ask the spouse for a divorce and don't kill them or the kids.

Last edited:
Please don’t take this question as being argumentative, but don’t MEs and forensic detectives wear the booties and suits to prevent cross-contamination of evidence? Like, they don’t want people tracking in hairs or dirt that weren’t present at the crime scene, that might be picked up as evidence?
The crime scene was already degraded by him being in the house for two days.

Yeah. Even smart people make terrible criminals, so judging his intelligence based on the crime, is inherently flawed.

Likewise, we can’t make a determination based on any of the information that we currently have, to include media interviews and Facebook videos. We would need a lot more in order to make a call.

I agree Amandaaa, I don't think CW was dumb either. You have to have some intelligence to have a career in the field he was in and also go to University and graduate in Chemical Engineering. Plus the VI also confirmed he was very skilled mechanically in auto-motives. I think he earned a scholarship to Nascar?? if I am remembering correctly.
Not making a distinction here between being book smart and otherwise deficient.

Yes, CW accused SW of strangling the babies. IMO there's a big difference between strangling and slaughtering.
(jmo, moo, imo)
That could be true Pally but I question why CW went downstairs at that particular moment if they were having an emotional conversation.
Maybe to step out of the situation for a moment, walk away and take a breather? It's hard to say.

Because he couldn't think of anything else. He was not prepared for NUA getting the police involved so quickly.
Agreed he couldn’t think of anything else - but I’m not sure if I think NUA really changed much... I’m not knocking anything she did - she was obviously a great friend and did the right thing- but I think he was sunk even if she didn’t show up so quickly. Yes, she got the police there quickly - but this guy is going to be a prime suspect when his family disappears.. the last one to see them, her car is still there... And he was a horrible liar, and his friends picked up on it too - and called the police. And SW had so many friends and coworkers and was SO connected with social media - they were going to notice quickly. Add in a few iPhones and Apple watches and GPS tracking every move and you can see he had an uphill battle for sure...

I thought it was odd as well Starkville that I did not see photos with protective gear or booties while retrieving evidence. So I just don't know the answer to why they did not.

I don't think that CW would have asked for that, his defence team would have because of his story of the events.
Well that’s what I meant (his PD team).
I don’t believe the girls were alive when they were put in the tanks. I understand the lung thing. I just wonder if oil would enter their mouths and enter their stomachs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny