AL AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am reminded of this in the recent case of Kiera Bergman...

Her roomie seemed quite a suspicious character when she refrained from discussing the case on SM... Or elsewhere...

I know I thought she had something to hide...:blush:

As it turns out... She was an important witness that helped LE catch the perp...:jail:
And was "laying low" so as to not contaminate the investigation...

JMO...
Yes, there could be more parallels than we know between these two cases. Its good you brought this one up. The use of a cell phone by the accused boyfriend in that case was diabolical but LE worked so hard to put all the pieces together to make their case. I learned more about wifi only use of cell phones in that case than I ever thought possible! I hope the MPD are doing as great a job on the DNV case as the Phoenix Police did for Kiera. The way Phoenix managed the case was so interesting to watch play out. They seemed to engage the public and ask for help, kept the public up to speed on basic details of the case but then seemed to have a large team behind the scene looking at the tech issues on the phones and this all happened behind the scenes. If I recall they also had assistance from outside Phoenix to assist as well.

I wish Danniella’s friend would join our discussion:

"I'm very persistent about this and I really just want to find her and will do anything I possibly can do to find her," Danniella's close friend and co-worker Hannah Jakoboski said.“
Uncovered message from Danniella gives family and friends hope
@imstilla.grandma ...... I had been wishing at least one of Danni's good friends would join us here as a VI. On further reflection, I am hoping that her good friends have information helpful to the investigation and have been requested by LE to remain silent until there is an arrest. What do you think? Any opinions, anyone?

I do not think she was desperate but definitely motivated. Her goals were to buy a car, pay off Regions, I think there was a Cap One account on her goals note. All appearance that she was getting her life on track.
Don’t forget about paying her library fees. That one gets me everytime.

@imstilla.grandma ...... I had been wishing at least one of Danni's good friends would join us here as a VI. On further reflection, I am hoping that her good friends have information helpful to the investigation and have been requested by LE to remain silent until there is an arrest. What do you think? Any opinions, anyone?
A reliable truthful friend of DNVs would be a very welcome addition to the thread.

Caught up and clarifying:

1. There is a summary of "facts" and a timeline on page one. You can find the links to the sources in my original post on page 5 of thread 1. All of my info is based on MSM, LE or Danni's public social media information (which has now been made private) with the exception of calling the GPS a LoJack (more on that in a sec)
2. I never stated Danni was 17 when she had her daughter (she was 20). She has been with TT since she was 17, went to 2 yrs of high school in KS living with MG, after which she got pregnant and moved to Mobile with TT and family. This was all very easy to piece together when her Facebook was open. She was also in a relationship with a different guy in 2016 so it is clear her relationship with TT has been rocky and off/on.
3. Cash in apartment was originally confirmed by JDT - You may also reference this:
Mobile woman missing for 43 days now, fundraising events planned to help family
We concluded on Thread 1 that it was not really unusual as she worked a tip-heavy job. The amount has not been disclosed.
4. The LoJack was first stated as fact by tinkerbella and confirmed by SlowMotion on Thread 2 . I am not trying to call out either of you as you're both contributing to the thread and very clearly care about Danni. However, it is a reminder to all of us to be very careful in the language we use when asserting opinions, and not fall into casual patterns that aren't as closely scrutanized as they are on a crime forum. Rather than "there was definitely..." it is better to say "it is very possible..." - hey, I am guilty of it too, we all do it. I take responsibility for parroting that language in my timeline (which I will update and post next) Let's just be better at it here for Danni's sake. Which leads me to:
5. We do not know Danni was abducted. I agree that is the picture the facts we have paint, but we can only speculate. LE must be going under the assumption that she is the one driving the Chevy into the Shell, and if she never gets out of the car, can reasonably assume she is the one that drove it out. This does not mean she left voluntarily, it means she drove out of the Shell. Anything could have happened after that point.

What we do know is her GPS stops pinging after the Shell, her phone was at Dublin's, and she and her car were never to be seen again.
Perfection @Vail! Thank you for posting this information as it perfectly states where we are with this case.

I can absolutely understand why the LoJack issue happened on the thread and I believe the thinking/logic behind it had alot of merit from the standpoint of what kind of dealer Pearl Motors is and the credit profile of most of their customers so I'm not unhappy it was brought up for discussion and consideration. What would have been helpful I think is that if the VI had seen us going off track was to step in and say something. So far as I saw this didn't happen. Is this the end of the world? Nope. We just kept on moving ahead and came back to where we started. I have to say that having done some research on Pearl Motors and reading the many complaints that are on the internet about them it did make perfect sense to me that they would rely on a separate system such as LoJack to track and repo their cars as the built in systems are simply too easy to remove. I believed this because a number of people that had their cars repo'd by Pearl refer to GPS devices in their cars and one person described something like a kill switch as they were unable to drive their car and then the repo tow truck showed up. Maybe Pearl only puts in separate systems for specific cars or specific credit profile buyers? We don't know. I will do so more research on this specific issue with Pearl and report back if I find out anything relevant. In my mind I am putting a placeholder next to the entire GPS issue as I don't think we yet have confirmation on the topic from LE as to how exactly Pearl was able to ping the DNV car.

Last edited:
A reliable truthful friend of DNVs would be a very welcome addition to the thread.
Yes, if a reliable and truthful friend of Danni's is reading here, please join us. You could be more helpful that you know and you would remain anonymous. Your anonyimity is important and I know as a fact that it will be honored.

I’m seriously wondering why family felt it was unimportant to mention her having a baby in June? That feels like such an important piece of information, imo
Yes, totally agree. The selective sharing of information along with the recent takeover of DNV social media, apartment clear out, fundraising money grab with no accountability, threats to JV, money taken from DNV apartment and a closed parallel FB search group are all individual aspects of this case that I am extremely uncomfortable about.

The only way I can personally justify spending time on this case is to focus on what LE have said and what MSM has reported. I am treating any information received from other sources as possibly relevant, possibly interesting but unless confirmed by LE purely speculative.

I am a big believer in the power of what CrimeStoppers does as an organization as their process encourages those that might not feel comfortable going to LE to step forward and safely and anonymously share case critical information and get a reward. I would very much encourge the 'family' to use the money that has been raised along with any money from the DNV apartment to support a CrimeStoppers reward and tip line. I believe there are people surrounding DNV that might not be comfortable speaking with LE that might just pick up the phone and call CrimeStoppers. People could also be fearful about being associated with the case due to the perceived danger of what might have happened to DNV and the association to the case of a known violent person such as JCD. CrimeStoppers makes it safe for people to speak up and do the right thing and it just might locate DNV. Just a thought for consideration as if leads are drying up or non existent a new path needs to be explored and IMO more billboards to call MPD isn't the answer. I am not sure there is any risk to this as the 'family' would still have the money if the reward isn't claimed. Setting up such a reward with a nationwide group also brings credibility to the search and will also raise the visibility of the case in the region and also reduce some of the criticism being voiced about the use of the money raised so far. JMO.

Last edited:
Updated Timeline:
*Family Timeline/ VI - I have not included details until we get those nailed down
Map: Danniella Vian (Please also search @otto on Danniella's thread 2 for his maps)

July17 - Purchased car at Pearl Motors Inc at ?
July17 - Arrived at Dublin Pub at ?
July17 - 10:45pm - Left Dublin pub, reportedly headed to Ollie's
July17 - Approx 11:00 - Is reportedly following DW (riving his rental)south on 90 when she flashes her lights to pull over (this is in the opposite direction of Ollie's)
July17 - 11:05PM - Car 1 DW and Car 2 Danni on video at Shell Station entering from right (West as camera appears south-facing towards road)
July17 - around 11PM last GPS location and activity on phone at Shell Station, after this there is no further activity. GPS is disabled.
July17 -11:07PM - Car 1 leaves
July17 - 11:08PM -Car 3 pulls in ad both Car 3 and Car 2 Danni stay parked
July17 - 11:24PM - Car 2 Danni and car 3 leave turning left towards interstate/frontage road
July17 - Approx 11:45pm DW returns to Dublin's to retrieve Danni's phone *
July18 Approx 12am Arrives at Ollie's and stays for a few minutes, MK and RC are not there *
July18 1:00 am DW Returns rental car *
July18 - 20 DW and JDT/TT are in contact and concerned*
July20 - Reported missing by JT and DW together in person
July20 - Police search Danni's apartment
July25 - Confirmed Case given to Mobile Homicide by media
July27 - Vigil held at 7:30PM Cottage Hill / Medal of Honor Park (organized by Julie)
Aug 2 - PD holds press conference

Car 1 - DW
Car 2 - DNV
Car 3 - Unknown driver; unknown number of occupants.

Facts beyond the circumstances as we know them:
Note that all LE has stated is what is stated here:
NEWS 5 EXCLUSIVE: "If anyone can find their way home, she will"

Other than LE, facts are derived from VI/JDT, MSM or Danni's Facebook*

1. DW was the last person known to see Danni
2. DW had a rental car that night that was returned around 1am*
4. LE has Danni's phone, which was found at Dublin's
5. Danni's apartment was searched
6. Danni's car was newly purchased with paper tags (no plates)
7. MK and RC were not at Ollie's*
8. Danni's daughter is fine and with JDT*
9.There was an Onstar tracking device on Danni's car that was tracked to the shell station. The last GPS "ping" was at the Shell. GPS here refers to this device NOT the phone.
10. Danni's phone is confirmed to have been retrieved from Dublin's by DW and is now in LE possession.
11. LE have CCTV of the shell which shows Danni's car arriving and leaving.
12. TT was in rehab the night Danni disappeared.*
13. LE state they have no evidence of homicide, however the case is being handled by homicide.
14. Cash was found in Danni's apartment along with a recent list of life goals.
15. Danni does not have a history of hard drug abuse, and was successfully employed at the time of her disappearance.
16. Danni recently gave birth to a second child - father is unconfirmed*

You may also follow @cedgison for other quotes and facts. She is a Verified Insider on this case, and is in contact with JDT and what she knows or need help with.
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/members/cedgison.211392/

Questions:

1. Did family/friends enter Danni's apartment before or after LE?
  2. How did they gain entry?
  3. Has the family been given a copy of the CCTV video? If not, contact NBC15 ask them for it.
  4. Was a BOLO put out for the car?
  5. Was Car 3 or Car 2 the first out of the station?
  6. What is the exact make/model of the car and can you publish the vin? This helps us help you find it if it is out there and identifiable.
  7. If the Shell camera is pointed at the street facing south and the cars entered from the right, wouldn't that mean they likely took the back route and not the frontage/interstate? A local and Otto both mapped out that route in the last two threads as the most likely.
  8. Who is the father of her infant?
Hypotheticals:

Who gains the most from Danni's disappearance?
Where and in what ways can the Chevy be hidden?
What if Danni was carjacked?
What if DW is lying?
What if Danni knew Car 3?
What if Car 3 was a stranger?

Great job!

I do want to add Hwy 90/Government Blvd runs east to west. Perhaps you meant south on 65?

Also... we do know that car 2&3 turned left leaving the shell? If so then that means they couldn’t have got on the interstate. You have to turn right in order to get back on 90 to access the interstate. Turning left would have them staying on the interstate and either turning right or left on cottage hill rd. Or continuing straight and turning right or left on airport blvd. Staying on that service rd increases the odds of a lot more possibilities of cctv footage.

Perfection @Vail! Thank you for posting this information as it perfecty states where we are with this case.

I can perfectly understand why the LoJack issue happened on the thread and I believe the thinking/logic behind it had alot of merit from the standpoint of what kind of dealer Pearl Motors is and the credit profile of most of their customers. What would have been helpful I think is that if the VI had seen us going off track was to step in and say something. So far as I saw this didn't happen. Is this the end of the world? Nope. We just kept on moving ahead and came back to where we started. I have to say that having done some research on Pearl Motors and reading the many complaints that are on the internet about them it did make perfect sense to me that they would rely on a separate system such as LoJack to track and repo their cars as the built in systems are simply too easy to remove. I believed this because a number of people that had their cars repo'd by Pearl refer to GPS devices in their cars and one person described something like a kill switch as they were unable to drive their car and then the repo tow truck showed up. Maybe Pearl only puts in separate systems for specific cars or specific credit profile buyers? We don't know. I will do so more research on this specific issue with Pearl and report back if I find out anything relevant. In my mind I am putting a placeholder next to the entire GPS issue as I don't think we yet have confirmation on the topic from LE as to how exactly Pearl was able to ping the DNV car.

The VI stated as fact that JDT confirmed the car had a LoJack. Post 108:
AL - AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018 #2

I think we are getting off track because things are being stated as fact and then not corrected. This is why WS does not usually allow thrice-removed hearsay because it is impossible to pin down the source of a fact when a person can just deny ever making a post we can link to.

Going forward I am only going to address information provided by LE or MSM and theories developed by members like we do on every other thread.

Last edited:
I can’t give much info in terms of the investigation, but I gave a hypothetical in thread 1 that was quickly dismissed. Personally, when trying to sleuth what may have happened, I think more thought needs to be given to that scenario.

Edited to add: For now, I’m going to bed. I’ll check back in tomorrow afternoon.

Does anyone know what this hypothetical in thread 1 is?

I’m afraid the wagons have been circled.

@Vail
Thank you so much for putting together the timeline and details about Danni's last movements! I do have a question about DW.

In the timeline, it says that he arrived at The Dublin at approximately 11:45. I'm curious where that time comes from. Is that based on the assumption that he is Car 3, or was that in MSM?

Given that DW is not Car 3, and he left the Shell station at 11:07, wouldn't he have arrived at The Dublin at approximately 11:25 - 11:30?

I think this theory has much merit. My sense is that local people are scared or uncertain and that could be why the FB group is being kept private IMO. Please note that this is all speculation on my part as I personally find a closed FB missing page to be completely counterproductive and a huge waste of our time on WS as it is in effect a parallel operation. We don't know if the 'family' has been threatened and we also don't know if the 'family' are involved in the disappearance of DNV as LE has made no announcements to clear suspect. We do know JV has received threats. We also don't know what impact, if any, that the father and family of DNV June Baby might be having on this case. So much is uncertain and unknown that fear inevitably creeps in and people start looking over their shoulders.

Does anyone know what this hypothetical in thread 1 is?

I am going to guess post #682 here that suggests one of the party train has connections to LE or state/local politics. AL - AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018

Personally I'm done with the "please ignore the violent felons and look at these golf dads" theories. There's absolutely no evidence to suggest that LE is in any way mishandling this case or there is any political corruption.

That theory can be completely broken into a hundred pieces based off of DNV cell phone records. If her phone never left Dublin’s, and DW ended up with it.. he had to have gone back for it. Which would make it physically impossible for DW to be car #3.
And I’m sure LE has already looked at DNV phone records.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona