Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't watched it recently as it is just awful to see the gut-wrenching devastation of Shanann's father, but I remember that too. It may be that someone pointed out to CW how truly horrific and heinous it was to stuff his babies into crude oil tanks and he was starting to realize how the general public is going to see that. In other words, people might think bad of him. Oh goodness, ya think?! :eek:

MOO

Yes. Doing horrible things in the cover of darkness is different than hearing, "... destroyed, mutilated, concealed, removed or altered a human body, part of a human body or human remains... " about his little girls in front of the court, the world, both of their families. I hope just for a split second it hit him how truly revolting and despicable his actions were.

He was quiet. An introvert. Hard worker. Very passive. Never in trouble. Book smart.
There were no “serious” girlfriends until Shanann.

Hi @Trinket78 - hope all is well. When asked by another poster how you would describe CW, you've previously shared some of your thoughts (quoted above).

RE: grief, I do have a couple questions for your consideration:
1) Would you be willing to share with us any memories you might have of CW crying due to a loss, and if so, under what situation(s)?
2) If you can't remember or cannot share any of those instances (specifically of him crying), would you be willing to share with us any memories you might have of CW responding to a loss in his life, and how he may have displayed that grief, in your opinion?

Note: **I fully understand the tragic events that recently occurred are likely nowhere near the type of loss that may have occurred in CW's life prior to this. The purpose of these questions is solely to potentially help paint a picture of how CW may have handled grief in the past, in the opinion of someone who has known him for so many years.**

JMO.

True. And there is always a BUT, right?
BUT, at least IMO some sort of more emotion, even in words would’ve been expressed at the time of the interviews, a little over a day later (too long for shock to still be in play as some may suggest). IMO
Beyond what we’ve all already read or verbalized here whether agree or disagree, IMOO:
1) “yes, I’m a NC fan, but not here to talk about my shirt.... can we get PICTURES of my family up during this video instead? Is there any local company that is willing to help with missing posters?”
2) when the dogs are barking “to obtain a scent” (any scent), at least me I would say excuse me.... follow me if you want.... “Sir/ma’am, are you picking a scent to trail them?” Again, we know they were NOT missing.
BUT, if he wasn’t able to play his “full actor part”, how can anyone believe his version of “confession” that involves SW being a participant in two deaths. Just IMO and where I am swayed, and MOST likely, a jury will be as well after full vetting completed.
Not all directed at you, so please work with me here. Board was closed last night when I went to post this, thoughts so I’m jumping in here where I think is a good spot. :)
P.S. some see nervousness being on camera va. blatant laughing, smiling and laughing.... fine. BUT if were me, I’d probably, as would my husband, moreso show being ticked off at some of the questions, and would try to DRIVE the interview focus onto FINDING family (no photos being shown to media said a lot to me at the time, pre “confession”, whether full or partial confession.
And I do believe that is where others here post what a grieving Father looks like.
These lack of the above is hard to ignore, especially when we only have so many other, more relevant facts. So, at the least, if my Husband actually killed two of my kids, I could t not okay the actor role he played that very next day..... and prior to that (Monday) to LE, NUA and the Thayers, at least that we know of.
Good points, and to your last one - every other person who loved Shanann and the girls has shown that emotion. Every.single.person EXCEPT Christopher Lee Watts. Now if that doesn't stand out like a sore thumb! I'm not going to link the Thayer video or the babysitter or any others, but just to give one example:
Video: Friend of woman allegedly killed by husband on why something 'didn't seem right'
Nicole Atkinson Utoft.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, this is from @Layla123

AB 9/25/18
1. New details. SW’s mother and brother have spent the last few days in. Colorado to take care of things. Police and Prosecutors may want background on C.W. Will want to do deep debrief with family. Building entire case. Prosecutors Office has been in regular contact with family all along. Prosecutors have been offering family hope for justice.
2. Lauren Arnold (SW’s good friend) and her mother are hanging out with family.
3. Going to try to build a case on a profile of how CW degenerated over last few years.
4. Defense forcing shenanigans on Prosecution demanding Autopsy reports. Dylan Kliebold (Columbine) autopsy took a long time, too.
5. Taking so long sometimes because of scientific details. Oil, may be a problem. Scientists work together. Try to find best methods and solutions. Could have disagreements. Try to find best methods, they want to deliver the best, most thorough report they can.
6. Jon Benets autopsy took 8 months. Kept expanding teams of experts.
7. Guest thinks LE already knows what happened. May be stalling a little.
8. Watts family purchased a high tech home security system. All movement in through system is recorded. Can tell if a door was opened and how long it stayed open. If door was opened and left open at times other than when C.W. said, like at 2 instead of 5:30, it will be recorded. LE can work with security Co. to get that data. Footage lasts about 15 days. Data may last longer. NUA knew code to front door. It is possible C.W. set it, so no one but him could enter. It’s possible to share footage with neighbors who use same system.
9. There is an emergency panel available for that system, with one touch you can call 911. CW didn’t use it.
10. When CW lied and said family was missing, that was a lie. That’s a crime. Could he face mores charges? Casey Anthony lied. Got 4 convictions, 4 years. CW could get charged with Obstruction of Justice, perhaps filing false police report, he lied, and he’ll probably continue to lie. CA was order to pay $217,449.23 for false investigation. Probably hasn’t paid a dime.
10. Lies are a viable part of this case. Kind of a consolation prize if you don’t get conviction.
11. If this is a death penalty case could cost millions of dollars.
12. Looks like CWs defense is going to go all out, they’re going to fight everything tooth and nail.
Viewer Question
1. This case is so much like the Peterson case yet that one was so open and up front with all information from start to finish. What’s so different about this case? Different parties involved. Different personalities in attorneys. Geragos was high profile. Lack of information not surprising, it’s only been 5-6 weeks. Waiting to find out if girls were put in oil tanks when still alive, there will be oil in their lungs.

Thank you! Everytime I try to get on previous thread, it gives me an error.

Same here...
And I did not know them personally but my heart aches so much for these two innocent sweet an precious souls and her pregnant mother. Thinking of Shannan and her babies really every day. Thinking of their family and friends. He has caused unbelievable pain to many people. This world can be such an sad place and crimes like that happen every day! If hell really exists we have probably already checked in...
And somewhere deep inside me I'm still hoping that CW is missing them (at least the girls) and is devastated by what he did. I know this might sound stupid and I don't really believe it but I want them to be loved by their dad no matter what he did. For me it seems unimaginable that a father could not love them! But this entire thing with the oil tanks I think this was somehow the case. :(
I believe CW has no conscience, only conceit about himself. I think he pre-planned this and only lack of opportunity kept it from happening sooner. But I do believe the Court on earth is nothing compared to the Judgement after our death. Heaven and Hell do exist.

Does anybody recall the next date for any outstanding response from either the prosecution or the defense that was requested by the court?

I believe thread 31 is temporarily poofed while the mods do some clean up work on it. Tricia indicated it will be back eventually.
I'll probably be kicked off here because I said the book about case on Amazon.com about the case is free for Kindle and author gives names. If I am it has been great reading and replying to you all.

I don't know how to bring past posts over but on a previous thread someone asked about men and how they show grief. IMO people show it in many ways and this is hard to speculate on, (although I 100% believe that CW committed this & the interviews after are unbelievable). The first time I saw my husband get really upset and cry it seemed over the top to me, I really thought to myself that he was faking it a little. We've been together 15 years and I now know that it's genuine. I've also thought, because I'm here and see everyone speculate on reactions when children go missing or what have you that if you all saw my husband on TV pleading he would be hysterical and I can only imagine the opinions about how I know he would act versus myself, I am the calm, collected one during a crisis and fall apart in private.
At about the 16:40 mark in this video, you can see the emotion from NT when asked about how he's going to tell his daughter that her best friend is dead. :(
Close friends of Shanann Watts horrified they welcomed accused killer into their home
(Sorry for the late reply - I just remembered that this one would be a very good example in response to your post.)
MOO

Every single time I watch CW being interviewed I notice his eyes aren't blinking quickly like a nervous person normally does without being able to help it. He was being interviewed and lying thru his teeth and yet the rapid blinking wasn't happening. Strange.

I’m still giggling today that there was no “5/10 minute warning”.... SillyBilly said lights out, y’all go to bed now! Hahaha
“Yall need sleep now.” LOL
I personally didn’t see any “wildness”, but we don’t see how many people are sending alerts to Mods either so.... shrug. But I don’t doubt the two are related.
One big sandbox, a lot of us building castles in here ;)
And my yorkie barked at 6 am because the roofers were here and forgot to call ahead so I could take her to board at the vet and move out of driveway. I was mad and was not very nice about it. Before the rain-delayed job 2 times I had bought them donuts but ended up eating them myself. Like I've said, I'm nice until I'm not nice.

Right, and how about pleading to the public to call LE if they saw her or the kids, or someone who matched that description, any tip could be valuable, etc. All those things you would expect just weren't there.. Jmo

From AB 9/25/18:

Agencies involved in CW case
ashleigh-banfield-092518-agencies.jpg

ETA: Considering the resources he had available from the above agencies, you'd think he'd be doing exactly that. But it's understandable why he didn't do that now, since he we now know he was lying, and knew exactly where they were.

Last edited:
Yes, this is from @Layla123

AB 9/25/18
1. New details. SW’s mother and brother have spent the last few days in. Colorado to take care of things. Police and Prosecutors may want background on C.W. Will want to do deep debrief with family. Building entire case. Prosecutors Office has been in regular contact with family all along. Prosecutors have been offering family hope for justice.
2. Lauren Arnold (SW’s good friend) and her mother are hanging out with family.
3. Going to try to build a case on a profile of how CW degenerated over last few years.
4. Defense forcing shenanigans on Prosecution demanding Autopsy reports. Dylan Kliebold (Columbine) autopsy took a long time, too.
5. Taking so long sometimes because of scientific details. Oil, may be a problem. Scientists work together. Try to find best methods and solutions. Could have disagreements. Try to find best methods, they want to deliver the best, most thorough report they can.
6. Jon Benets autopsy took 8 months. Kept expanding teams of experts.
7. Guest thinks LE already knows what happened. May be stalling a little.
8. Watts family purchased a high tech home security system. All movement in through system is recorded. Can tell if a door was opened and how long it stayed open. If door was opened and left open at times other than when C.W. said, like at 2 instead of 5:30, it will be recorded. LE can work with security Co. to get that data. Footage lasts about 15 days. Data may last longer. NUA knew code to front door. It is possible C.W. set it, so no one but him could enter. It’s possible to share footage with neighbors who use same system.
9. There is an emergency panel available for that system, with one touch you can call 911. CW didn’t use it.
10. When CW lied and said family was missing, that was a lie. That’s a crime. Could he face mores charges? Casey Anthony lied. Got 4 convictions, 4 years. CW could get charged with Obstruction of Justice, perhaps filing false police report, he lied, and he’ll probably continue to lie. CA was order to pay $217,449.23 for false investigation. Probably hasn’t paid a dime.
10. Lies are a viable part of this case. Kind of a consolation prize if you don’t get conviction.
11. If this is a death penalty case could cost millions of dollars.
12. Looks like CWs defense is going to go all out, they’re going to fight everything tooth and nail.
Viewer Question
1. This case is so much like the Peterson case yet that one was so open and up front with all information from start to finish. What’s so different about this case? Different parties involved. Different personalities in attorneys. Geragos was high profile. Lack of information not surprising, it’s only been 5-6 weeks. Waiting to find out if girls were put in oil tanks when still alive, there will be oil in their lungs.
Thanks for this, @PommyMommy.

Good points, and to your last one - every other person who loved Shanann and the girls has shown that emotion. Every.single.person EXCEPT Christopher Lee Watts. Now if that doesn't stand out like a sore thumb! I'm not going to link the Thayer video or the babysitter or any others, but just to give one example:
Video: Friend of woman allegedly killed by husband on why something 'didn't seem right'
View attachment 148679
NUA is an Angel and without her CW might have gotten away with it. We should all have people in our lives like her!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Millerx3