Found Deceased NV - Madelyn Lingenfelter, 19, Reno, 19 Sept 2018

That makes sense. How else would her car have been located and it was reported that her phone led them to the car.
Its possible that her phone is somewhere nearby, which would make sense being that she may have tossed the phone in some bush as i dont think she would have much need for it where she may have been heading. People would only be trying to reach her, and if she intended to take her own life, the phone would only be an annoying distraction. If she was determined, nothing would matter anymore, therefore the use of a cell phone would no longer be a priority. This is all based on my opinion as it is possible that LE located the phone just never specified in doing so.
If only LE would have been more specific about whether they located the cell phone or not. Just leaves everyone to wonder otherwise. Such a small detail wouldnt hinder their most secretive investigation.
We really need an update, its been far too long already without any word. Poor Maddy. I have such an overwhelming feeling of dread as it concerns this poor girls outcome.

Its possible that her phone is somewhere nearby, which would make sense being that she may have tossed the phone in some bush as i dont think she would have much need for it where she may have been heading. People would only be trying to reach her, and if she intended to take her own life, the phone would only be an annoying distraction. If she was determined, nothing would matter anymore, therefore the use of a cell phone would no longer be a priority. This is all based on my opinion as it is possible that LE located the phone just never specified in doing so.
If only LE would have been more specific about whether they located the cell phone or not. Just leaves everyone to wonder otherwise. Such a small detail wouldnt hinder their most secretive investigation.
We really need an update, its been far too long already without any word. Poor Maddy. I have such an overwhelming feeling of dread as it concerns this poor girls outcome.
Agreed. Not to mention, was she employed at the event center? Or not working? I suppose she could have been on staff with the catering group. I used to do that in college where they hired out for event staff. All unknown and therefore speculation is all we got.

Cameras seem to be a basic and essential part of security for most buildings. A facility like this that hosts business events, tourists, weddings, conferences, corporate events, etc. would definitely need security cameras to help ensure the safety of their guests. Let me look at some pictures of the building to see if I can spot any cameras.

I agree completely. I think a facility like this would have surveillance cameras inside and out for their own liability insurance. They would likely have surveillance at the exits, anywhere cash was kept, the bar(s), and various other points. I would think the parking lot may also have extensive surveillance in case cars are broken into. Many insurance carriers give businesses a discount on their liability insurance when they prove they have robust surveillance and security systems in place.

Even if she had worked at the Event Center at some time in the past, or was still on call, it would then be a smart place to dump her car, if you were trying to get rid of it.

But it is also a possibility it was left there by her, and she may have walked away or was driven away by someone?

Just wondering if the family might consider contacting Texas Equusearch for assistance with finding Maddy. The terrain up there doesn't look like the easiest for the average person to search at length. I'm also still stuck on the dogs not catching her scent anywhere in the vicinity. Did she get into a car with someone else? On the other hand, her phone did ping from that vicinity. She could have just tossed it though. Which brings us back to -- zero updates and no communication from police or anyone else -- leading me to think they believe they know what happened.

I guess it's possible the police really don't know anything concrete, and that's the reason for no updates. I know they invested a large effort in their search of the area, and stated that usually by day four they are able to find someone. Since the dogs didn't track Maddy's scent, maybe they are re-thinking where she might be. I have the same feeling of dread when I think about Maddy's situation. It just makes me so sad -- I can't even get my hopes up that she's still alive, alas.

Just wondering if the family might consider contacting Texas Equusearch for assistance with finding Maddy. The terrain up there doesn't look like the easiest for the average person to search at length. I'm also still stuck on the dogs not catching her scent anywhere in the vicinity. Did she get into a car with someone else? On the other hand, her phone did ping from that vicinity. She could have just tossed it though. Which brings us back to -- zero updates and no communication from police or anyone else -- leading me to think they believe they know what happened.
I think you know the answer about the family doing any footwork here. Lol. Thats not likely. Why get help when you can just keep reposting a campaign? Thats hard work! Hopefully LE is being more productive.
It is possible that she got in the car with some unknown person. Its also possible that she drove there and shes somewhere in that forest, or she may never have been there at all, and someone dumped her car there. LE knows, the question is, will they release this information to the public? I hope theres an update sooner or later. Tired of only seeing on repeat.

I think you know the answer about the family doing any footwork here. Lol. Thats not likely. Why get help when you can just keep reposting a campaign? Thats hard work! Hopefully LE is being more productive.
It is possible that she got in the car with some unknown person. Its also possible that she drove there and shes somewhere in that forest, or she may never have been there at all, and someone dumped her car there. LE knows, the question is, will they release this information to the public? I hope theres an update sooner or later. Tired of only seeing on repeat.

That area, the high desert, is very rugged and inhospitable. She cannot just be out there, hanging out alone, with no supplies/equipment. JMO

If you go to Google Street View near the Events Center you can see a camera with a view of where Maddy's car was parked. The Google Car came through in July of 2018 so these are recent images and the camera seen is almost certainly there. Whether it was functioning or not is another matter.

Here is the link to the Street View where you can see the camera above the green dumpster. I am attaching a screen shot as well.
Google Maps

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-10-10_05-11-08.png
    Screenshot_2018-10-10_05-11-08.png
    552.6 KB · Views: 36
This is the closest cell tower to where Maddy's car was found.

AT&T Mobility (United States of America) Cell Tower Map

It is likely it would be the cell tower Maddy's phone would connect to due to the terrain. At the Events Center you are still climbing the mountain and that cell tower would be above her location. Cell towers back towards Reno are lower in elevation and very likely blocked by the mountain itself.

If law enforcement is ambitious they can obtain the Cell Tower records for that tower and get a list of all phones that connected to that tower on the day Maddy's car arrived at the Events Center. They can then take cell records from Maddy's phone provider and see if any of the phones Maddy's phone had been in contact with in the last month or three was also connected to that tower on that day.

Roxxi, ugh, yes, it's true. Just makes this case all the more distressing. Jethro, thank you for all this information! I keep going through the various scenarios in my mind, and still think she went into the forest to harm herself. It would not be the first time that someone in an area that challenging wasn't found. As another poster mentioned, Murray Murray comes to mind, along with Brandon Swanson in Minnesota and countless others whose cars were found but the person wasn't. Unfortunately that may be what we're looking at here. Though we are at a huge disadvantage not knowing any significant information such as phone and letter contents.

I am bothering people to contact the texas thing- I can't from here since I live in Los Angeles and I'm under 18 so I don't have a way of getting the police contacts they want on the website. All info I have is third-hand.

If you go to Google Street View near the Events Center you can see a camera with a view of where Maddy's car was parked. The Google Car came through in July of 2018 so these are recent images and the camera seen is almost certainly there. Whether it was functioning or not is another matter.

Here is the link to the Street View where you can see the camera above the green dumpster. I am attaching a screen shot as well.
Google Maps
@Jethro4WS Wow, what a find!!! Youre awesome!!! Thats impressive research!!!
So i think its safe for us to assume that the police have recovered this footage and its probably how the Tannenbaum manager could confirm they had seen her?

I am bothering people to contact the texas thing- I can't from here since I live in Los Angeles and I'm under 18 so I don't have a way of getting the police contacts they want on the website. All info I have is third-hand.
Im confused. Ill help you but im not sure what you need for me to do? I, too, am in Los Angeles, just in case it makes a difference or not. Let me know.

Thank you, Profitamole!! They can be contacted via email but a family member has to do it. They have the resources to investigate that kind of terrain and have a good track record of finding people. So glad Maddy has you working on her behalf!!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sapphire13
Back