AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are referring to the photo of two men carrying a brown frame with glass, that was the front door.
and the glass was intact - we do know there was plywood it was shown on the video and in still photos. LE has not said the door was "shot in" - that came from family members to the media only. I am sticking with the Sheriff who said if it doesn't come from him it may not be true. I suspect this happened after the Sunday party before Dad came home from work. They did not say they found Mom right away it was after a search of the house. The neighbor provided the time of the shots and the 911 call may have provided the ending of whatever happened - we do know they know who's phone it came from but will not release that information. If there is a basement, perhaps something happened down there? IMO

I was told here in Springfield that as soon as LE hit their sirens, their cameras start recrding. If they left the police station and was on their way there, and had sirens on, they may have passed the vehicle. That would be awesome. Hopefully LE has checked if they have this up there.

My family member dialed 911 while having a medical emergency, but passed out before speaking a single word. LE arrived to check and they didn’t use sirens en route. FWIW.

We just don't know if one or both of the Parents died instantly.
We don't know anything, but you can use the facts to reasonably put the pieces together. Police arrived very quickly after the call was made and both parents were dead. If one of the parents made the call, they would have had to lie there for 25 minutes unnoticed, muster up the energy to make the call, then die almost immediately. Certainly possible, but those odds are very slim.

It was ended from the callers side, but was the phone smashed/destroyed upon being discovered, did the battery die or was it manually disconnected? How is cell service in the area? If it's sketchy it might have dropped the call or there might have been trouble getting a call out sooner. Concrete block interferes with cell service. Lots of things that we can't know yet, but I'm sure LE does and I feel confident they will find her.

Now THIS got me thinking and would make a bit more sense. What if Jayme ran into the basement? In my basement in Wisconsin my phone never worked because of the concrete, even with WiFi calling. But if I stood by my washing machine which had a small window by it I could make a call. That could explain the 30 minutes that went by and why the call wasn't made immediately.

If a perp came for Jayme, there is a digital trail of some kind. But maybe using a fake name, slowing down identification or a throwaway phone was used. If known to the family, they need to determine who is not accounted for. But I feel that LE knows scenario of what/who, though maybe not a real name yet to issue BOLO . JMo

The killer of Mollie Tibbets was found because of a person’s camera, but he was close to the street.

Are there homes there that have cameras that would capture the street? What about businesses?

I got a nice speeding ticket because I was speeding by the State Patrol headquarters by Eau Claire. Did not know it was there.

There are a lot of highway patrol guys out there , I feel. I wonder if they have any info?

And there is a biggish convenience store I have stopped in Rice Lake.( If it still exists. I have not been there for about six years) That is the route to Duluth, Minneapolis, Chicago, Wisconsin Dells,Madison.

Maybe there are travelers who saw something?College kids going back to school?

I wonder if there is a way to get info out to college kids.

I was told here in Springfield that as soon as LE hit their sirens, their cameras start recrding. If they left the police station and was on their way there, and had sirens on, they may have passed the vehicle. That would be awesome. Hopefully LE has checked if they have this up there.

At the time, I don’t think LE had any idea what an horrific scene they would encounter. They were simply responding to a 911 call. I don’t think LE routinely responds to 911 calls with sirens and dash cams enabled. I could be wrong though moo.

If you are reading here and you have any information on the whereabouts of Jayme, please let someone know. Call 911.
If you were involved, you know this has gone nationwide and will only continue to escalate. Think about it.
43879697_2437328002960572_3318481235436634112_n.jpg

Thank you,
Chi

If a perp came for Jayme, there is a digital trail of some kind. But maybe using a fake name, slowing down identification or a throwaway phone was used. If known to the family, they need to determine who is not accounted for. But I feel that LE knows scenario of what/who, though maybe not a real name yet to issue BOLO . JMo

She could have been catfished big time. Again we know she had a phone because she was holding one in a pic.

(ETA: hi cluci :cat: long time no see hope all is well!)

Last edited:
Do we know if the LE cars have cameras?
If the two gun shots woke up the neighbor at 12:31 do we think neighbor would have also been able to hear a car start and drive off?? Living in such a remote area I'm sure it's super quiet at night. Obviously JMO but I don't think I would have been completely asleep 20 minutes after hearing a gunshot "next door" (as "next door" as you get in this area) so I'd think I'd hear a car starting at the neighbors house. And don't they have a gravel driveway? Not quiet.

Just to let you know the neighbors had not gone to sleep at the time of the 2 gun shots.

I agree that their living so remotely it would seem sounds would travel more easily.

Now THIS got me thinking and would make a bit more sense. What if Jayme ran into the basement? In my basement in Wisconsin my phone never worked because of the concrete, even with WiFi calling. But if I stood by my washing machine which had a small window by it I could make a call. That could explain the 30 minutes that went by and why the call wasn't made immediately.
I'm also thinking that perhaps the caller couldn't locate a cell phone right away. I'm reading (catching up on the case) that the call was made from a cell phone and LE know whose phone it was but are not releasing that info. Perhaps in the chaos of the crime, JC couldn't find a phone to use right away or wasn't in a place where she could call without the perp stopping her.

Again, just speculating, thinking through logistics. Might be off base.

jmo

The killer of Mollie Tibbets was found because of a person’s camera, but he was close to the street.

Are there homes there that have cameras that would capture the street? What about businesses?

I got a nice speeding ticket because I was speeding by the State Patrol headquarters by Eau Claire. Did not know it was there.

There are a lot of highway patrol guys out there , I feel. I wonder if they have any info?

And there is a biggish convenience store I have stopped in Rice Lake.( If it still exists. I have not been there for about six years) That is the route to Duluth, Minneapolis, Chicago, Wisconsin Dells,Madison.

I google mapped it and there really isn't a lot. It is a pretty desolate area and the homes are set further back. Every little town has a gas station or two, I would think those are the best bet. The town immediately west has a Holiday that has cameras. I would hope they already have checked those by now though.

We don't know anything, but you can use the facts to reasonably put the pieces together. Police arrived very quickly after the call was made and both parents were dead. If one of the parents made the call, they would have had to lie there for 25 minutes unnoticed, muster up the energy to make the call, then die almost immediately. Certainly possible, but those odds are very slim.
That aspect bothers me. And whether one of the parents dialed the 911 call or not, do the sounds on the call indicate one or both of the parents are alive? Did LE specifically say that the cause of death was gunshot? Or just that they were shot, leaving the possibility of another actual cause of death after the gunshot? We’re assuming two shots because that’s what the neighbor heard at 12:30am, so one shot each? LE has never specified that, correct?

There’s a whole lot of conjecture going on here and I suspect some of the details we’re assuming are not correct.

Jumping off this there is hope as it took time for a hit to come back in Mollie’s case but it did happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici