AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) Neither of those vehicle types would likely be driven by the stereotypical meth head.
2) Neither of those vehicle types would likely be utilized by the typical home invader.

We're all probably going to be pretty shocked when we find out what went down. Seems like it could be a bit more intimate now than random, FWIW.

JMO.

The Challenger has to be just a potential witness and nothing more surely? You'd have to be an absolute moron to go and do a home invasion/abduction in an orange car that sticks out like a sore thumb. They're also very loud compared to normal cars. My boss drives a similar sort of thing and if he parks near the doors you can feel the vibration inside the building when he starts it up in the car park.

As for the Daily Mail they should be ignored completely. As someone in the UK I'm well aware of what a joke they are and they're the most dishonest paper in the entire country as per upheld complaints by the press regulator in regards to reporting inaccuracies and lies.

I guess an American comparison would be something like Fox News, where they just literally make things up to suit their agenda.

Joseph Duncan drove a new bright red jeep Cherokee when he invaded the home and murdered 3 and kidnapped two young children.

ETA...he never changed vehicles either during the entire 7 weeks time.

Jmo

Last edited:
1) Neither of those vehicle types would likely be driven by the stereotypical meth head.
2) Neither of those vehicle types would likely be utilized by the typical home invader.

We're all probably going to be pretty shocked when we find out what went down. Seems like it could be a bit more intimate now than random, FWIW.

JMO.

The Challenger would possibly fit an older boyfriend. The other two are typically what you get when you have kids. Older model, maybe kids are a bit older? Same age as Jayme?

In the briefing today, the sheriff indicated that he wants information on the vehicles for the past two weeks. It makes me wonder if the perp(s) recently came into town. If so, could be for a variety of reasons. Is there any seasonal harvesting going on?

Perhaps they caught a glimpse of the perp the perp on surveillance and due to profiling and behavior anticipate them coming back to the scene of the crime = BUSTED!

It's a reach, but a call for 2000 is a lot people and seems somewhat odd.

Interesting idea. I was wondering if they had maybe received communication from the perp or someone claiming to be and this was a veiled message back to someone?
Eg if current reward is 1000$ maybe this is how they indicate to someone it’s gone up
Eta: scratch this. Someone posted fbi has put up $25g for info leading to victim.

I've seen discussion about rewards but don't think I've seen anybody say that one has actually been offered. I just noticed that Jayme's FBI page is offering a $25,000 reward

"The FBI is offering a $25000 reward for information leading directly to the location of Jayme Closs."

JAYME CLOSS — FBI

Thank you for linking. I notice it is for her location, not safe return. moo

This is reminding me more and more of Mollie Tibbett's case as the days go on. Now it's a vehicle of interest - just like hers was - and they were found through private cameras. What is interesting is the same investigative techniques and strategies seem to be in place too.
I think it goes to show how much technology, such as video cameras play more and more of an important role in investigations now days. Now that security cameras cost so little so many people have them. I live in an extremely nice area and probably 1/3 of the people I know have them. I think most people, like myself, who are registered with the county 911 system were asked if we had security cameras and if they showed areas outside of our property such as roads and such.

Added after the commercial on Ashley Banfield’s show on HLN:

Guest on Ashley’s show said that volunteers are asked not to pick up anything they see, but to call the LE leading the group to come check it out and collect it if necessary. They will also be looking for tire tracks, boot and shoe prints.

I know in Australia most truck drivers have dash cams, is it the same in the US?
Highway 8 seems as though it would be used by a lot of heavy vehicles, particularly at that time of night so it might be a good idea for them to put a call out in the trucking community for anyone that was driving highway 8 on that evening to review any dash cam footage from Barron and surrounding areas. It's a long shot but you never know. . .

A Charger or a Challenger? They are looking for a Challenger, two doors. More boxy body style. Charger is 4 doors, more rounded front.
Ack, Challenger! I just edited my post. There is also an anarchy like symbol in the driveway in front of the car. Hmm. I did send in both of those links. Just in case.

I did a volunteer search a little over a year ago but it did not involve a crime. The place I searched is four hours east of Barron and you could almost draw a straight line across the state from one to the other. The place we searched was 100 miles north of where I live. I could not believe how dense the woods were and I would guess these searchers are going to be in the same type of terrain at times. There were swamps, blackberry bushes, tree stumps and fallen trees. My legs and hands were covered with scratches and bruises from being poked by sticks. If Barron were an hour or two closer from my home, I definitely would go. It's four hours each way which is just a little too far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Never Ending