Found Deceased AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnipped> MPD has been silent and surprisingly didn't comment on either of these 2 press pieces. But other than a few missing pieces the timeline is in place as are the people she was with the night she went missing. The struggle is what happened at the Shell station and did she leave driving alone or was someone driving her car and she was a passenger leaving the Shell. No GPS info exists on her car post Shell.
Thanks, but I thought they had to be POI's for us to be able to sleuth them? Unless you just mean on our own

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you think it was chop-shopped locally? That's my belief.
I think if it was disassembled at a chop shop it was probably done locally. The local chatter is that there are a ton of chop shops in this area. Mobile was recently deemed the city in Alabama where your car is most likely to be stolen by this report: Where Your Car Is Most Likely to Be Stolen in Every State (despite it only being the 4th most populated city in the state). In June of this year there was a bust at a chop shop in Daphne (right across the bay from Mobile) where they found parts from multiple vehicles that had been stolen from Mobile. The guy was selling the parts on Craigslist: Craigslist 'chop shop' arrest made in Baldwin County.

So, I think there's a big possibility that could be what has happened to DNV's vehicle if she met with foul play, which would mean we're also looking for somebody who would know of these chop shops and be able to do business with them...

July17 - Purchased car in the afternoon with JDT where she last saw DV drive off.
July17 - Evening - arrived at Hero's in downtown Mobile where her friend RC was bartending. At some point RC's
Do you have confirmation from anyone or even RC that he was at Downtown Heroes as we had always assumed that he was at USA location and not Downtown?

The two recent articles from Dateline and USA student newspaper for the first time named the people with DNV the night she went missing. From the student newspaper article we know RC was a bartender friend of DNV's. But what exactly do we know about the other people with DNV that night specifically MK and DW. <modsnipped against TOS> Where were DNV's close friends that night and why was she celebrating with the people she was with? Entire scenario of the group of people that were together seems strange IMO.

I think if it was disassembled at a chop shop it was probably done locally. The local chatter is that there are a ton of chop shops in this area. Mobile was recently deemed the city in Alabama where your car is most likely to be stolen by this report: Where Your Car Is Most Likely to Be Stolen in Every State (despite it only being the 4th most populated city in the state). In June of this year there was a bust at a chop shop in Daphne (right across the bay from Mobile) where they found parts from multiple vehicles that had been stolen from Mobile. The guy was selling the parts on Craigslist: Craigslist 'chop shop' arrest made in Baldwin County.

So, I think there's a big possibility that could be what has happened to DNV's vehicle if she met with foul play, which would mean we're also looking for somebody who would know of these chop shops and be able to do business with them...
Yes, as you correctly point out the car theft business is thriving in Mobile. Does anyone local know of any car theft crews such as we have seen in other cities across the country?

Interesting thought. I know of at least one other case where the video time stamp was off by a few minutes and it changed the entire timeline. It was the Iowa cousins case (Cook, Collins) and the video was from an auction house.
I was going through this thread looking for a post and I came upon this one and then I saw the pictures of the CCTV with the wires hanging all over and just haphazard. It is totally feasible the time could be off.

Yes, as you correctly point out the car theft business is thriving in Mobile. Does anyone local know of any car theft crews such as we have seen in other cities across the country?
Drugs are thriving there as well, unfortunately. Alabama is soaked in them, more than any other state I’ve lived in. That’s what scares me the most.

This is good information. It's also possible if her car was dumped or left somewhere, an uninvolved person found it, stole it, and sold it for parts. They may not want to come forward with any information given they likely have criminal pasts or outstanding warrants. Upstanding citizens don't sell abandoned cars. I was thinking about how Jenna Van Gelderen's car was found on the side of a road in Atlanta. Just left unnoticed for weeks.

On another topic, in the first press conference the chief said some people are being cooperative and other people are being "less than cooperative." Who's being less than cooperative?

This is good information. It's also possible if her car was dumped or left somewhere, an uninvolved person found it, stole it, and sold it for parts. They may not want to come forward with any information given they likely have criminal pasts or outstanding warrants. Upstanding citizens don't sell abandoned cars. I was thinking about how Jenna Van Gelderen's car was found on the side of a road in Atlanta. Just left unnoticed for weeks.

On another topic, in the first press conference the chief said some people are being cooperative and other people are being "less than cooperative." Who's being less than cooperative?
. Funny you say this, at work today I found myself thinking who they meant? Friends? Family?

I had completely forgotten about that. I wonder who it is as well and why they'd choose to not be cooperative. Something to hide?

Drugs are thriving there as well, unfortunately. Alabama is soaked in them, more than any other state I’ve lived in. That’s what scares me the most.
What are the more popular drugs in Mobile? Is it a meth driven drug scene or is it heroin/fentanyl or party drugs such as Molly/MDMA? College campus in town has to impact the drug scene as well. Curious what the locals have to report on this topic as it would be useful to better understand if perhaps the presence of drugs and participation in the drug scene are why DNVs friends and co-workers have been sadly absent from the dialog on this case.

We had heard early in the case from a local that the drug Spice was prevalent in Mobile and could possibly be involved in this case. Here is some info on this synthetic drug for those not familiar. What is Spice and why is the drug so dangerous? Longer article that also includes side effects of these synthetic drugs: Synthetic Cannabinoids (K2/Spice)

Last edited:
What are the more popular drugs in Mobile? Is it a meth driven drug scene or is it heroin/fentanyl or party drugs such as Molly/MDMA? College campus in town has to impact the drug scene as well. Curious what the locals have to report on this topic as it would be useful to better understand if perhaps the presence of drugs and participation in the drug scene are why DNVs friends and co-workers have been sadly absent from the dialog on this case.

We had heard early in the case from a local that the drug Spice was prevalent in Mobile and could possibly be involved in this case. Here is some info on this synthetic drug for those not familiar. What is Spice and why is the drug so dangerous? Longer article that also includes side effects of these synthetic drugs: Synthetic Cannabinoids (K2/Spice)

I moved from Alabama a few years ago, but I’ve still got acquaintances, and knowledge from there. Pills are one of the biggest issues. Meth and heroin is a close second, in my opinion. Of course we know the drug epidemic isn’t just a Mobile or Alabama problem, sadly.
I really hope Danniella is found soon. I can’t believe it’s been almost 4 months since she went missing.

Question...
Since the Facebook group run by JDT is archived, does that make the public page that posts posters etc the official page now?

One thing in the timeline: DNV did not have her phone...so the GPS activity that ceased was not a cell phone but the GPS that was on her car (car dealerships now apparently track you & your car...creeps me out...)

Also: it is true that DW & DNV were not headed to Ollies...ie, they were going in wrong direction.....
DW initially had said he was going home....He was clueless as to why DNV had followed him....but when they pull into gas station, apparently DNV doesn't tell him why she was following him instead of going to Ollies....she would not have followed him to tell him she left her cell phone!!!
I don't know I've got it in me to go over DW's irrational story as far as all that goes....
Let's just say: one of the key mysteries is where, in truth, were DW and DNV going together??
I hope that DW has come clean to LE....I suspect he has, and whatever information he gave has been kept under wraps...
My gut feeling is that DW is not directly involved in her disappearance...other gut feeling is that he has a good suspicion, and he's frankly afraid of the perps....

Other things: just wish we had facts...
I know it is a fact DW did indeed go back for her phone......is it a fact he supposedly waited 20 minutes?
Is it fact that he was indeed at Ollies? (witness, surveillance?)

Any idea if LE has his phone records?

My hunch here is they were going to a party...or stopping at that station was planned, perhaps a drug purchase....
If there is no proof DW waited at Dublins or went to Ollies....he could have got phone and then left....to wherever he & DNV were headed....
It's quite possible that DW knew the occupants of car 3.....

Also wish we had facts: was DNV driving her car into that station? was she alone in the car?
Was DW alone in his car?
Was anyone seen moving between the cars - getting in/out - etc?

Million dollar question is who & why DNV car's GPS disabled shortly after parking at the shell station.....clearly, at the least, shows planning - perps knew how to do this, were quickly ready to do this, and did so to take DNV.....unless random, who knows when this plan was hatched up?

Without known facts - almost too many ideas to go through, really...
for all we know it was DW who signaled to DNV to pull into that gas station....
She's worse for wear, having had something slipped into her drink....DW removes her from her car into his......has texted/called occupants of car 3...
they arrive, disable GPS and both leave.....
Now: where did they go? What did DW do with DNV??? JMO BTW!
It's a theory.....

I don't know....not sure I can beat my brains on this one without knowing more of the facts and what LE has investigated, and what they haven't...(ie, DW's phone records for instance...)

Ouch, that was one long post..sorry....

Another idea is DNV passed out after DW left (or for all we know prior to be honest)...and perps simply took their chance....

One thing I find super duper hard to believe is that LE does not have ability to discover who/what of that third car....sometimes, especially as they pulled the video, I think that they do...and they're compiling a case, looking for the suspects: and it behooves them to keep it under wraps for now......

Do you have confirmation from anyone or even RC that he was at Downtown Heroes as we had always assumed that he was at USA location and not Downtown?

Both Keyedin and cedgison posted earlier they believe he was at the other location closer to Ollie's. That makes the most sense IMO so the timeline needs to be updated with that detail.

Snipped for focus

Sorry if this makes anyone's eyes roll but when/why has the TT thing been put to bed?? And what "thing" are you referring to? That he's not involved in DNV's disappearance???
Tricia posted that she has confirmed TT was in jail the night DV disappeared so in my mind, there is no further debate on whether he is a suspect or where he was.

<modsnip - quoted post has been removed>

RC is quite vocal, as well as DVs friend from New Mexico, just not to the media. My guess is LE told them not to talk to the public about the case, which is typical. It is also not surprising MK has said nothing, as she is peripheral. DV does have people championing for her - its TT and JDT, people just don't like that.

I feel like DV would know the difference. K2 is typically purchased by kids or others who have no access to the real thing. DV definitely has access to the real thing. I would be more worried about heroin in this case IMO, simply because of the verified link between heroin and DV via TT's criminal record.

Ouch, that was one long post..sorry....

Another idea is DNV passed out after DW left (or for all we know prior to be honest)...and perps simply took their chance....

One thing I find super duper hard to believe is that LE does not have ability to discover who/what of that third car....sometimes, especially as they pulled the video, I think that they do...and they're compiling a case, looking for the suspects: and it behooves them to keep it under wraps for now......

It's quite possible that DW and Danni were dropping off DW's rental car SW of the Shell station before going to Ollies. On the way to the rental, Danni realized that she forgot her phone at the Dublin. They stopped at the Shell station for 2 minutes to look for the phone in her car. They most likely used DW's phone to call Danni's phone when they were there. Police very likely have proof of this through calls made on DW's phone while they were at the Shell station. When they didn't find the phone in her car, they made a plan to return to the Dublin to collect the phone together.

We could speculate that DW and Danni were not at the Shell station because she forgot her phone, that instead they were on their way to a cocaine party and stopped at the Shell station to steal gas. The big question is why we would make stuff up when the facts support the 2 minute stop at the Shell to look for the phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan