Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #49

Status
Not open for further replies.
im sure most of you have read this but I just wanted to post it in
full.
so dignified and true.....worthy of repeating
Shanann's parents, Frank and Sandra Rzucek, issued the following statement about their daughter's relationship with Chris:

"Shanann Watts was a faithful wife, and the most gentle and loving mother in the world to her children Bella, Celeste, and Nico. She was also the best daughter any parent could ever hope for. Shanann was a wonderful soul.

Everyone who knew Shanann knows this to be true. Even Chris Watts knows this to be true. Yet Chris Watts still chose to murder Shanann, Bella, Celeste, and Nico. Chris Watts still chose to dump the bodies of his own family in oil tanks. And Chris Watts still chose to lie about it until he could lie no more. He pled guilty to murdering his family because he is guilty.

Monday evening, the parents of Chris Watts gave an interview in which they attempted to defend their son. In doing so, they felt the need to make vicious, grotesque and utterly false statements about Shanann. Their false statements, however hurtful and inaccurate, will never alter the truth about Shanann, and will never alter the truth about the crimes committed by their son, Chris Watts.

Shanann's memory and reputation deserves to be protected. And her family is fully prepared to do so."

'Not a monster': Chris Watts' parents defend son who murdered family

and we are very glad you are prepared to do so!

I can’t believe anyone would have the nerve to say someone else must have triggered a man to murder his own children. The scary thing is I really think she believes this. She literally believes SW was so bad that she somehow voodoo’d her poor innocent husband to murder their kids.

I don't think that she believes it at all. She just wants to protect a grown man whom she still thinks is a little boy. Her little boy, before a woman got hold of him and taught him the ways of the world. Goes back to Eve being the downfall of all men.

Families of Shanann Watts, her 2 daughters and defendant in Watts murder case trade words

“It’s very difficult. I just can’t imagine my son doing that. I don’t know how he could do that. I want to stop it before it’s too late. I want to talk to him, we haven’t been able to talk to him. I know I raised a good man and he was such a good person, such a good person. He was not a sociopath or psychopath or kill animals or anything like that ... didn’t do any of these things people are saying he did. He’s not that monster people are portraying to him to be. I love my son no matter what. I want to fight for him. I don’t want him to go down for something he didn’t do.”

Denver Fox31 Video at link.

Families of Shanann Watts, her 2 daughters and defendant in Watts murder case trade words

“It’s very difficult. I just can’t imagine my son doing that. I don’t know how he could do that. I want to stop it before it’s too late. I want to talk to him, we haven’t been able to talk to him. I know I raised a good man and he was such a good person, such a good person. He was not a sociopath or psychopath or kill animals or anything like that ... didn’t do any of these things people are saying he did. He’s not that monster people are portraying to him to be. I love my son no matter what. I want to fight for him. I don’t want him to go down for something he didn’t do.”

Denver Fox31 Video at link.
With respect, I do not think that Cindy has any idea what a good person is, she is not a good person herself. imo

We are LIVE tonight 10:00 PM Eastern. Call in and vent if you want 713-955-0606

Chris Watts pleaded guilty to killing his pregnant wife Shanann and his two little daughters. He buried Shanann and put his daughters in an oil tanker. Yes, you read right, an oil tanker.

The True Crime Social Media outlets are all melting down after watching the parents of Chris Watts give several interviews.

Chris Watt's mom made it clear; she did not like Shanann, her son changed after meeting Shannan, and her son is not a monster.

Can you say "denial"?

With Chris' parents going on a media tour and infuriating most people who see them we open up the phone lines to let you call in and vent. (713) 955-0606. Be sure and choose the option to talk to the host if you want to go on the air.

After more than two years arrests have been made in the murder of 8 Rhoden family members. Officials say 4 members of the Wagner family plotted these killings because of a custody battle. We'll discuss the details.

Levi Page, Liltexans and a few surprise guests will be joining us.

Click Here to listen tonight 10:00 PM Eastern. Call in and vent if you want 713-955-0606
Respectfully, Chris Watts did not put his daughters in an "oil tanker." An oil tanker is a ship designed for the bulk transport of crude oil or its petroleum products. Watts placed his daughters inside two separate above ground storage tanks (AST) nearly full of crude oil.

She repeats herself in the same manner than CW did in the porch interviews! "if they are...if they aren't safe.." odd repetitive wording.

"...if something happened that night and that did happen -- God forbid if it did happen..."

So truly odd. He has her speech patterns, read the interview. And idk how she can't break down sobbing about her grandchildren. It's all about CW...and her. The lack of variation in facial expressions, even while in tears, is unnerving.

So you think CW has taken after mom? I think so, too. Dad appeared slightly more with it.

It will be interesting just to observe them. Their mannerisms, their responses.

We can't get anything out of CW in answer to the simple question, "why the heck did you do it?", but in order to understand his pattern of thinking, it would be interesting to see how his parents perceive the reality. Or how much they distort it.

Denver Fox 31 Legal Experts weigh in on Momma Watts:

Legal experts, not involved in the case weighed in on the new developments. Defense attorney Chris Decker said, “Basically a desperate act by a loving mother who probably has no idea of the particulars of the evidence or her sons criminal acts or decisions in the aftermath of them. Not particularly uncommon for a mother to have the perspective of “not my son”. The court probably won’t take any action unless something is filed or raised by the defense.”

Defense attorney Harvey Steinberg said there is a way to withdraw a plea before sentencing, but does not believe it will happen in this case. Steinberg said, “Remember the mother is not in a position to withdraw the plea. The mother can scream and yell and do everything she wants. Maybe it’s appropriate, maybe it’s not but ultimately it’s his decision after sitting and talking to his lawyers. There is a rule, rule 32 allows the withdraw of plea prior to sentencing if there is a fair and just reason. I don’t know what the fair and just reason is here. So do I think there is a likelihood that any judge would allow him to withdraw the plea? The answer is no.” [BBM]

Video at link

After. He said he’s talked with family and is considering case.

He could only "consider" the case if CW fired his attorneys and hired him. As much as CW's mother thinks she's in charge of his decisions and legal options, she's not. CW made his decision and we've seen nothing from his legal team or from him to indicate that he's dissatisfied with that decision.

So you think CW has taken after mom? I think so, too. Dad appeared slightly more with it.

It will be interesting just to observe them. Their mannerisms, their responses.

We can't get anything out of CW in answer to the simple question, "why the heck did you do it?", but in order to understand his pattern of thinking, it would be interesting to see how his parents perceive the reality. Or how much they distort it.
Dad is tripping as well. Because they obviously don't want justice for the 3 grand babies.

So they want to know how it came to this point.

Well why not ask him after he finishes taking responsibility instead of asking a reporter or a bunch of people that wasn't there. Jmo.

I wonder if there was an issue with SW's family being Catholic? Sometimes, that can be a huge issue for some protestant denominations.

**snipped for focus**

I can say with authority that when it comes to funerals and memorials, there are zero problems with people from other denominations attending a Catholic memorial. Memorials and funerals in all the major denominations are open to friends and families of the loved ones, regardless of the religious affiliations (or lack thereof) of said friends and family members. You don't have to be Catholic to walk through the doors or even to sit through a service.

I also have a MA in World Religion and I can't think of a single Protestant denomination, whether mainline or evangelical, that has a doctrine that disallows members of any religious belief system from attending a memorial service-or from attending ANY service as a guest.

My guess is that they refused to attend their grandchildren's memorial service for the same reason they refused to attend their son's wedding: their hatred of SW overrode everything else.

Denver Fox 31 Legal Experts weigh in on Momma Watts:

Legal experts, not involved in the case weighed in on the new developments. Defense attorney Chris Decker said, “Basically a desperate act by a loving mother who probably has no idea of the particulars of the evidence or her sons criminal acts or decisions in the aftermath of them. Not particularly uncommon for a mother to have the perspective of “not my son”. The court probably won’t take any action unless something is filed or raised by the defense.”

Defense attorney Harvey Steinberg said there is a way to withdraw a plea before sentencing, but does not believe it will happen in this case. Steinberg said, “Remember the mother is not in a position to withdraw the plea. The mother can scream and yell and do everything she wants. Maybe it’s appropriate, maybe it’s not but ultimately it’s his decision after sitting and talking to his lawyers. There is a rule, rule 32 allows the withdraw of plea prior to sentencing if there is a fair and just reason. I don’t know what the fair and just reason is here. So do I think there is a likelihood that any judge would allow him to withdraw the plea? The answer is no.” [BBM]

Video at link

rule 32:

Crim. P. 32(d).

One does not have an absolute right to withdraw a plea of guilty. People v. Riley, 187 Colo. 262, 265, 529 P.2d 1312, 1313 (1975); Maes v. People, 155 Colo. 570, 574, 396 P.2d 457, 459 (1964).

To warrant the withdrawal of a guilty plea, a defendant has the burden of establishing a “fair and just reason” for the withdrawal, People v. Chippewa, 751 P.2d 607, 609 (Colo.1988),

and there must be a showing that justice will be subverted by denying the motion, Maes, 155 Colo. at 575, 396 P.2d at 459.

Such a showing includes instances where a defendant was surprised or influenced into a plea of guilty to which the person had a defense; where a plea of guilty was entered by mistake or under a misconception of the nature of the charge; where such plea was entered through fear, fraud, or official misrepresentation; where it was made involuntarily; or where ineffective assistance of counsel occurred in the process. Chippewa, 751 P.2d at 609; People v. Pozo, 746 P.2d 523, 525–26 (Colo.1987); see also Padilla v. Kentucky, ––– U.S. ––––, 130 S.Ct. 1473, 1478 (2010).

¶ 15 The trial court has discretion to determine whether a defendant has established a fair and just reason for withdrawal, and we will not overturn denial of a motion to withdraw a guilty plea absent an abuse of that discretion. Crumb v. People, 230 P.3d 726, 730, 733 (Colo.2010) (finding that a court should consider a non-exclusive list of factors, including whether the prosecution would be prejudiced by the withdrawal of the guilty plea, whether the defendant promptly moved to withdraw the guilty plea, and whether the defendant has shown that justice will be subverted if the motion is denied); People v. Gutierrez, 622 P.2d 547, 559 (Colo.1981).
FindLaw's Supreme Court of Colorado case and opinions.

Because he didn't want to sit there during a trial and have all his secrets exposed. He wouldn't be able to manipulate or passively control the people on the stand and to have a parade of witnesses talking about his affairs and whatever else they dug up would just be too humiliating. IMO he is all about appearances.

(All of that is my opinion.)
Agree with all the above. In addition IMO he does not want to die. Should have thought of that before murdering his wife and three children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ