Match! UT - Garfield Co, HispFem, UP8330, 37-45, Apr'98 **GRAPHIC PHOTOS** - Lina Izaguirre Reyes-Geddes

Confirmed rule outs are:

Julie Wilkinson from Potter, TX
Christina Chandler from Tarrant, TX
Ronda Harley from Harrison, MS

Also, does anyone else hate that recon?
Yes, I dislike the recon as well; it makes her look “hard” where you can clearly see her beauty, even postmortem!

I thought Huggins looked like the closest match, but I only go by the ears, which I can’t compare.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Yeah, they definitely took the tip and ran with it. If it turns out not to be a match I’m going to be mortified, lol.

Although, I’m banking on the fact that there are probably some additional similarities that I’m not even aware of that caused them to pursue this lead so intensely. So I will not be at fault for leading a wild goose chase!

I think you might be right in that they may have more clues pointing to this UID being Lina, than we are aware of! They didn’t waste any time pursuing this possibility and went to extreme lengths to find her family to retrieve a DNA sample. At the very least, they too think this could very well be a match!

I wonder if maybe they have very believable information or a direct lead which would put Lina in the same area the UID was found in...

I think you might be right in that they may have more clues pointing to this UID being Lina, than we are aware of! They didn’t waste any time pursuing this possibility and went to extreme lengths to find her family to retrieve a DNA sample. At the very least, they too think this could very well be a match!

I wonder if maybe they have very believable information or a direct lead which would put Lina in the same area the UID was found in...

From the tidbits I’ve gleaned during my conversations with agent Davis, they think she was hitchhiking from Ohio to Texas (and then was going to go back to Mexico with family). The fact that she would have had to rely on the routes other people were taking in order to find her way to Texas, would give a reasonable scenario for Lina to have ended up in southern Utah at that time.

Moreover, the person they feel is responsible for the UID’s murder, Scott Kimball, had said that he had picked her up as a hitchhiker on a bridge in Utah 1998 or 1999. He then recanted his confession so they still can’t pin the murder on him. But it does put more plausibility to the potential match!

Last edited:
I just received word this morning that the DNA results confirm that this Jane Doe, or otherwise known as the “Maidenwater Victim” is in fact Lina Izaguirre Reyes-Geddes! WOW

I’m not sure what happens next as far as any further attempts they’ll make the pin this murder to Scott Kimball but it feels good knowing that after 20 years, she has her name back and her family will have some sense of closure.

I just received word this morning that the DNA results confirm that this Jane Doe, or otherwise known as the “Maidenwater Victim” is in fact Lina Izaguirre Reyes-Geddes! WOW

I’m not sure what happens next as far as any further attempts they’ll make the pin this murder to Scott Kimball but it feels good knowing that after 20 years, she has her name back and her family will have some sense of closure.

That’s amazing news!! I’m really glad her family got to know what happened to her. I hope she can rest in peace now that she has her name back. You played a major part in solving this case. I tip my hat to you!

I can’t express how happy it makes me that this woman got her name back after 20 years. I was really sure you had it by the right end when you suggested Lina here, but to actually have it confirmed as well almost feels like a relief. In any case, great work!

Very good but also sad. Glad she has her name back. You did an amazing job. Thank you very much!!! And btw I admire your modesty.

That’s amazing news!! I’m really glad her family got to know what happened to her. I hope she can rest in peace now that she has her name back. You played a major part in solving this case. I tip my hat to you!

I can’t express how happy it makes me that this woman got her name back after 20 years. I was really sure you had it by the right end when you suggested Lina here, but to actually have it confirmed as well almost feels like a relief. In any case, great work!

Thank you Leena, I feel honored to have somehow been a part of it all, as random as my involvement was, haha. Thanks for being there, following along and rooting on the match! ☺️

Sounds like they are going to facilitate bringing her family to Utah to have a gravesite service and then will also arrange exhumation and transportation of the remains back to Mexico with her family. Such amazingly kind gestures.

I’m still hoping that somehow, the person responsible for this will pay for it. I guess Utah is still working with Ohio to investigate any new possible leads this identity match has/will/may create.

Very good but also sad. Glad she has her name back. You did an amazing job. Thank you very much!!! And btw I admire your modesty.

Yes, very sad. Thank you so much. I’ve so appreciated your supportive words through the process! ☺️

I guess this thread can be moved to Identified!

Thank you Leena, I feel honored to have somehow been a part of it all, as random as my involvement was, haha. Thanks for being there, following along and rooting on the match! ☺️

Sounds like they are going to facilitate bringing her family to Utah to have a gravesite service and then will also arrange exhumation and transportation of the remains back to Mexico with her family. Such amazingly kind gestures.

I’m still hoping that somehow, the person responsible for this will pay for it. I guess Utah is still working with Ohio to investigate any new possible leads this identity match has/will/may create.

I guess this thread can be moved to Identified!

I'm really glad to hear they are going to arrange exhumation and transport her remains to Mexico. She belongs closer to her family. To be honest, I wasn't sure if they'd do something like that (especially because of the actual distance), I'm very glad to be wrong. I wish I could thank the officers in charge of her identification as well. They definitely went to great lengths to solve this case and managed to bring closure to her family.

I really hope they will make progress in finding her killer as well. I don't think it will be easy, though. It certainly sounds like she was in the wrong place, at the wrong time and put her trust in a stranger when she shouldn't have. Regardless, I count it as a major win that after 20 years, she's finally going home.

MandiH82,

WOW. This is WONDERFUL. Thank you MandiH82 for all your hard work. Thanks to everyone who come on here and try to help people they never met and they have never known.

Thank you,

More to come,
Tricia
PS. I wrote this post in the afternoon and forgot to hit "post reply". I wrote it and went to do something else and completely forgot. My memory is the worst. My apologies.

MandiH82,

WOW. This is WONDERFUL. Thank you MandiH82 for all your hard work. Thanks to everyone who come on here and try to help people they never met and they have never known.

Thank you,

More to come,
Tricia
PS. I wrote this post in the afternoon and forgot to hit "post reply". I wrote it and went to do something else and completely forgot. My memory is the worst. My apologies.

Thank YOU Tricia! This is an amazing space with some amazingly smart, kind, compassionate, and dedicated people. The type of investigative work I’ve seen during my few months here is pretty incredible. I feel like my part in this was very much “right place, right time, right NamUs search” lol, but I’ve learned SO much and hope to continue. ☺️

Very happy to have another WS match! Thank you for your hard work to bring this woman back to her family, MandiH. She might never have made if back if not for you and for this forum.

Thank you for the kind words, it all feels pretty crazy. But mostly rewarding to know that yes, she’s back with her family — or will be soon.

Hey Everyone,

I am heading out for a while but I'm hoping CarlK will be here to help us with the next step.

Thanks for your patience.

Tricia

Oooh that's brilliant to hear MandiH82:)! Thank you for your hard work and your amazing contribution! Seems like 2018 has been quite a breakthrough with giving back the names of those previously unidentified and bringing them home back to their families

I’ve been communicating with Agent Davis through phone and text but have so many questions now that we know it’s her, I’m going to put together an email with them so as not to bother him via phone all the time, lol. He said I could ask away and he would answer what he could.

My questions are basically meant to help fill some of the gaps in the story and really HER story. I can’t help but want to know who she was as a person.

If anyone else has any, I’d be glad to add them in!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back