Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andreww, to assume all of the above, you'd have to KNOW what they're thinking, have in the way of evidence and have seen coroners reports.....none of which we are privy to.

You don't know that there is 'no evidence' and the coroner has NOT admitted anything, not a peep other than COD.

Isn't it possible, with zero information, that you are jumping to conclusions?

I, along with a lot of others, are just waiting to see what they have that they are holding close to their chests.
Quite possibly you are right. However if you go back in the thread to the day that the family hired Greenspan, you will see that I predicted exactly where we would be in a years time, and that I am 100% correct. Barry Sherman lived his life using litigation to bend and break laws at will, and in my opinion this is his swan song.

Quite possibly you are right. However if you go back in the thread to the day that the family hired Greenspan, you will see that I predicted exactly where we would be in a years time, and that I am 100% correct. Barry Sherman lived his life using litigation to bend and break laws at will, and in my opinion this is his swan song.

Did you know of the Shermans personally?

I’m going to admit, at times it seems you have a personal stake in the outcome of this case.

ETA: FYI Courtroom litigation upholds and applies Canadian law. If you’re aware of it being used to “break laws”, let’s hear it.

Last edited:
Im saying how can you stage a suicide when one of the people has obviously been beaten? And why have their jackets restraining their arms if it was supposed to look like a suicide?
I am not saying this was staged as a double suicide. On the contrary. Definitely NOT staged as a double suicide, due to H's injuries among other things.
Nor could it have been staged as a double homicide. Not a good enough effort, not even by a long long long shot.
I said the only option left, is that it was STAGED to appear as M/S.

I am not saying this was staged as a double suicide. On the contrary. Definitely NOT staged as a double suicide, due to H's injuries among other things.
Nor could it have been staged as a double homicide. Not a good enough effort, not even by a long long long shot.
I said the only option left, is that it was STAGED to appear as M/S.

Semantics maybe but in discussing the word “staging” are we referring to -
1) How the deaths were deceptively staged to appear at first glance?
or
2) How the deaths were deceptively staged to appear after preliminary investigation taking place (visual), prior to the autopsies being completed?

Because if I were asked this question, my answer might be different -
1) double suicide, both were positioned in much the same way.
2) m/s, if it visually appeared H had been assaulted in the facial area but B had no such obvious injuries.

The bodies were staged to appear as a double murder? That’s utter nonsense, there’s absolutely no way their deaths were staged to appear a double homicide had occurred, regardless of who staged the bodies.
Says who? If Barry strangled Honey to death it would only make sense that he would have to stage his death in a similar manner.

Did you know of the Shermans personally?

I’m going to admit, at times it seems you have a personal stake in the outcome of this case.

ETA: FYI Courtroom litigation upholds and applies Canadian law. If you’re aware of it being used to “break laws”, let’s hear it.
It applies to people like Barry who use lawyers and the courts to stall the process so he can continue to skirt the law for decades. If you've got a better term for it, feel free.

It applies to people like Barry who use lawyers and the courts to stall the process so he can continue to skirt the law for decades. If you've got a better term for it, feel free.

If you gave a specific example of how he “stalled the process” it might be helpful in proving your point.

Because I don’t recall it mentioned that Barry was ever convicted of “skirting the law” for decades or at all, for that matter.

or
2) How the deaths were deceptively staged to appear after preliminary investigation taking place (visual), prior to the autopsies being completed?

2) m/s, if it visually appeared H had been assaulted in the facial area but B had no such obvious injuries.
I mean, how the deaths were staged, period. The murderer(s) were hoping police were not smart enough to see through it forever, not just preliminarily or at first glance. They didn't seem to understand that even though appearing to have been hung by belts, the ME could tell during autopsy that death occurred before they were hung up; they seemed to think that simply removing the wrist bindings and taking them with them when they left, would be enough to never know they were used in the first place; etc. Sadly for them, they were mistaken. imo.

or

<ModSnip - Snarky> staging this as a double suicide isn't going to fool anyone if Honey has been beaten to a pulp.

Criminals stage murder scenes for one reason, to hide what truly happened. Someone may stage a murder to look like a suicide. Someone may stage a murder to look like an accident. However, nobody is going to stage a murder to look like a different type of murder. Again, upon viewing this crime scene I don't think anyone thought for a moment that it was a double suicide.

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean, how the deaths were staged, period. The murderer(s) were hoping police were not smart enough to see through it forever, not just preliminarily or at first glance. They didn't seem to understand that even though appearing to have been hung by belts, the ME could tell during autopsy that death occurred before they were hung up; they seemed to think that simply removing the wrist bindings and taking them with them when they left, would be enough to never know they were used in the first place; etc. Sadly for them, they were mistaken. imo.
Why leave the jackets around their arms? Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Thats your opinion, but even an idiot would know that staging this as a double suicide isn't going to fool anyone if Honey has been beaten to a pulp.

Criminals stage murder scenes for one reason, to hide what truly happened. Someone may stage a murder to look like a suicide. Someone may stage a murder to look like an accident. However, nobody is going to stage a murder to look like a different type of murder. Again, upon viewing this crime scene I don't think anyone thought for a moment that it was a double suicide.
andreww, I could swear that not all that long ago, you yourself were declaring that this was staged as a double suicide.

If you gave a specific example of how he “stalled the process” it might be helpful in proving your point.

Because I don’t recall it mentioned that Barry was ever convicted of “skirting the law” for decades or at all, for that matter.
Plenty of examples are listed in the Macleans article. I think we all are very familiar with Barry's penchant for suing people.

andreww, I could swear that not all that long ago, you yourself were declaring that this was staged as a double suicide.
Initially I theorized about that. When info was released about the coats, wrist bindings and Honey's injuries, my opinion shifted. Simply put, the staging does not suggest suicide at all.

ETA, KW leans more to it being staged as a double suicide I believe.

Says who? If Barry strangled Honey to death it would only make sense that he would have to stage his death in a similar manner.

If you walked into someplace and before your very eyes you observed one or more bodies in a sitting upright position, legs straight out, neck attached to belts attached to 3 1/2 foot railing directly above.....your first thought would be you walked into a scene that looked exactly as if all the victims had been murdered?

How would any perp murder those people? By asking them to please hold their legs steady and straight forward, then pick them up by the upper torso and tightened the belt, then drop the bodies so each fell a few inches, just enough to tighten the belt around their necks????? Utter nonsense.

The bodies were not staged to appear as if a double homicide had occurred.

Last edited:
Plenty of examples are listed in the Macleans article. I think we all are very familiar with Barry's penchant for suing people.

If you gave a specific example *from the Macleans article* of how he “stalled the process” it might be helpful in proving your point.

If you gave a specific example *from the Macleans article* of how he “stalled the process” it might be helpful in proving your point.

Sherman’s fortune was built on his canny ability to push systems to their limits—and occasionally beyond, as reflected in a litany of controversies over his political donations, his lobbying and his role in the country’s biggest medical research scandal, a tale helped inspire John le Carré’s novel The Constant Gardener. Sherman, on his own and through his companies, was the country’s most active litigant, a man who used the courts as readily as others use the subway. Even as politicians paid tribute to him after his death, his company was locked in legal battles with their governments on multiple fronts.

Sherman railed against “incompetent” bureaucrats who had the audacity to disagree with his interpretations of federal drug law—and he dragged them to court, too. In Federal Court alone, Apotex has launched more than 1,200 legal actions, including 83 against Health Canada since 1990. A ministry spokesman says “because of the high volume of cases,” officials can’t even begin to calculate how many millions Sherman’s litigation has cost Canadian taxpayers.

“He was a disruptor,” says Michele Brill-Edwards, a physician who served as head of drug approvals at Health Canada between 1987 and 1992. “He was the guy who said: ‘I don’t have to play the game the way everyone plays it.’ It was intimidating to come back from lunch and find an urgent memo on your desk saying you’ve got to get over to Federal Court because Sherman was at it again.” His approach with the health regulator, in particular, broke with past practice among drug-makers, who had typically tried to ingratiate themselves. “The sort of gentlemanly way of doing business changed [with Sherman],” says Brill-Edwards. “He quickly demonstrated that in fact you can bully the government and you can intimidate.”

He was certainly willing to play the long game if that’s what it took. One particular spat with Health Canada—a 30-year odyssey over a knock-off of trazodone, an antidepressant—finally came down in Sherman’s favour last April, when the Federal Court of Appeal ruled Ottawa was indeed negligent in its handling of Apotex’s application. “For Barry, it wasn’t about the money,” says Bruce Clark, Apotex’s former senior vice-president of scientific and regulatory affairs. “Money is just how you keep score.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname