GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #60

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think your posts are very thoughtful Layla and I don't counter them lightly you say some very relevant points.
I don't believe NK has self esteem issues.
the people who work with her don't have high opinions but that is just hear say agiven.

the loudest action of dominance I seen between NK and CW was not coming from chris.
sending text telling someone to "work on their marriage' followed by nude selfies to hot blooded man is extremely manipulative imo
I’ve just known so many mistresses in my life. I’m old. They go through highs and lows. One minute they love their boyfriends and think they’re going to live happily ever after. The next minute they hate them and they’re ripping up every reminder of them up and throwing them in the garbage. It’s a crazy roller coaster.

NK is a person of low self esteem, you, my friend, are not. You would never think like NK. Me, I used to have low self esteem, but with a lot of therapy and hard honest work on myself, I grew out of it. I understand how it works and the self destructive behavior that goes along with it. Women with healthy self esteem do not enter into relationships with married men. They take better care of themselves. What more could she do for those little girls than what she did? As soon as she realized CW was lying about everything, she contacted the police, she gave them everything they asked for. Yes, she did delete her messages before going to the police because she was embarrassed and ashamed and hating CW and wanted to erase him from her life, and maybe didn’t realize how important her sex life was to the investigation, but she willingly handed everything over to the police when they asked for it. She agreed to sit for every interview they asked for. What more could she have done? It’s not every day your illicit boyfriend turns out to be a world famous Family Annihilator.

There is a difference between low self esteem and low character. I will repeat- I don't care about the affair. That is not what is affecting my opinion. Things happen.

What more could she have done?

1. Not deleted evidence when two babies were missing, because she's more concerned about her own tail than babies' lives. That's not an issue of self-esteem. That's an issue of character.

2. Not lied to the FBI when two small toddlers are missing and at risk.

3. Not been worried about her possible net worth or book deals when babies are missing or dead.

There are plenty of people with low self esteem who aren't bad human beings.

Perhaps CW's parents and sister are just ignorant and set in their old school ways. Perhaps the parents were all raised in the same type of families that are judgemental, tribal, and ignorant. And they see nothing wrong with that and have no interest in breaking the cycle. It is 2018. If you want information on how fatal a nut allergy can be, there are tons of resources out there. They obviously have a computer. When I am curious about what someone tells me, I look it up from multiple resources. But their treatment of Shanann before they even got married is pretty telling as to what is in their heads and black hearts. IMO. We certainly have not heard anything from them that would give us a different perspective. We are going on what the discovery states and the TV interviews they gave. Excusing their behavior is along the same lines of excusing CW's behavior. MOO MOO MOO

Last edited:
No. My thoughts would be horror. Incredible fear for the missing children. Despair when they were found. Not:

"Amber Frey book deal."

"Amber Frey net worth."

"Can the police recover deleted texts."

I believe she is a person of low character. Not because of the affair. (Although dating a person whose wife is only a couple months pregnant is pretty gross. So is "Pawn it!")

Things like affairs with married people can happen even with good people.

No. To me she is a person of low character because her reputation was vastly more important than the welfare of two innocent little girls. She deleted evidence in a missing persons' case. She lied to the FBI.

And she wasn't numbed with horror over the death of babies. She was coldly considering her possible net worth.

Moments like these are when we get to decide who we are.

"Are we bad people?"

IMO. Yes. Yes, NK. You are.
I understand we are to treat NK as a victim. However, on the last thread someone posted an interview with The DA in this case. He said specifically he only used a portion of the evidence in this case during the sentencing. I believe when everything comes out it will be revealed that the affair between NK and CW began months before she claims and that she gave him an ultimatum, it was her or his family. It will be ugly.

He did not want to talk to her, but she, (as she does), twisted it to make it seem like he was prevented from speaking to her and he wasn't.
Her interviews and her complaints about SW had nothing to do with whether he killed them or not, she may have well have said, 'If he did, she deserved it'.
Mama Watts when asked what happened to her son, she replied, 'Shanann happened!'
Who on earth makes such a comment and this was 3 months after the murders, she had plenty of time to compose herself but nope, the hatred was/is still there! A very nasty lady who holds onto grievances and will use any opportunity to air them.

Put yourself in NK’s shoes. All of a sudden you’re famous. Everyone in the world wants to know everything there is to know about you, and not for a good reason, but for a very horrible, tragic, despicable, disgusting reason. Wouldn’t you want to know what to expect? What your future might hold? How to take care of yourself? NK found out Amber Frey wrote a book. She was curious how well the book did. I don’t see anything wrong with that. Doesn’t mean NK wants to write a book, too.
It means what it looks like - looking to see if there was a way for her to cash in.

This case just makes me so upset.
Also, is it just me, or does NK look like she could be Shanann's sister?
Damn I hate Chris Watts.
knowing what I know now, I hope he suffers, the rest of his life.
I really mean that. I am so disgusted and heartbroken.
for Shanann and her beautiful family, I am SO sorry this evil man pretended to be good.

Please continue the discussion here. NK has turned out not to be a victim, but you still cannot call her names or wish violence against her. Just refer to her as NK or Nichol. Name calling and wishing violence upon anyone violate TOS no matter who is being discussed. And do not sleuth her family.

I understand we are to treat NK as a victim. However, on the last thread someone posted an interview with The DA in this case. He said specifically he only used a portion of the evidence in this case during the sentencing. I believe when everything comes out it will be revealed that the affair between NK and CW began months before she claims and that she gave him an ultimatum, it was her or his family. It will be ugly.
be interesting to know it all that's for sure.
no NK is not a victim of this crime.

some people sympathise with her and that's ok but victim she is not.

see mods post.

moo

Ok. I give up. This thread is like being on a merry-go-round. So many interesting things to discuss from the discovery docs. but nope let's perpetuate the hate and vitriol toward others. Hate is a wasted emotion and gets nothing done.

It’s hard for some to move forward.
From what we’ve read and heard about SW she never talked badly about others and she lifted others up. I wish more people were like that. :)

I enjoy your posts and I hope you stick around.

That incident is in the discovery docs. And respectfully, hate and vitriol is not new to this thread. There was plenty of it toward Shanann before his plea deal.

The plea deal was threads ago......most have moved on from that.
jmo

As far as Shanann calling CW a "skater boy" I have this opinion. Shanann is from New Jersey. I am from New York even though I have lived in Colorado most of my life. East Coasters have a dry and sarcastic sense of humor. I actually am considered quite funny in my circle. Every part of our country has a personality "type". Even though I have spent decades away from the east coast, I still have a sassy sense of humor that has been passed onto me from my parents. The things Shanann has said in her videos, to me, is joking. There is nothing over the top, IMO.

Last edited:
There is a timeline of events starting on p. 1886 on all texts that they released from all people. What blew my mind was that Chris was actively texting the realtor just an hour or two after disposing of his family. (I thought it was much later, but no, their bodies probably were no completely cold yet). This case would have moved so much slower if tons of Shanann's friends and family had not been bombaring him with calls and texts while he was in the presence of several of his co-workers and employees. The young lady who was in training told of him turning a valve and leaking oil, but not cleaning it. He took the picture of the oil around the pipe. I am sure that he would later use this to establish why he was a CERVI 319. His clothing and the fact that he was undaunted by her disappearance struck them as strange. Had those calls not come in, right in front of these people, he really might have gotten away with this crime. He actually wanted to continue working!!! They would not let him. But how weird is that?

While he was at the work sites, he was actually uploading photos of NK to his Calculator app. His family had just been buried here and this is what he was doing!!!

Had those calls not come in, there would have been nothing unusual about him being at CERVI 319. So there was GPS. Later, it would just appear he was where he was supposed to be, fixing a leaking pipe. He even has a photo of the leak to approve it.

There is a lesson for us all in regards to the way that SW lived her live. She was connected to others. They cared about her. Her friends knew each other, her mother knew about her friends, and they bombarded CW with calls as well as LE. She loved others, and they loved her, and they went to war for her.

I can't help wondering; if CW had never lost weight and gotten into shape, would the murders have happened? What did the changes, and responses to those changes, do to his personality and confidence?
That’s a pretty inty
I’m not sure about this. I think his cheating coincided with the physical changes he went through.

My guess, and it is just a guess, is that he had a newfound sense of confidence after his weight loss. I think that around this time, he would have begun his Tinder hookups.
I agree that his new buff appearance made him feel good about himself and also got the attention of other women.
And I don’t believe the gay guy with the lip injections has an affair with him. Too far fetched and didn’t make sense to me.

Mama Watts when asked what happened to her son, she replied, 'Shanann happened!'
Who on earth makes such a comment and this was 3 months after the murders, she had plenty of time to compose herself but nope, the hatred was/is still there! A very nasty lady who holds onto grievances and will use any opportunity to air them.
She also claims Chris is not a monster. Yet talks about Shannan like she's the Anti Christ.

I’ve just known so many mistresses in my life. I’m old. They go through highs and lows. One minute they love their boyfriends and think they’re going to live happily ever after. The next minute they hate them and they’re ripping up every reminder of them up and throwing them in the garbage. It’s a crazy roller coaster.
We've all known them (and some have been them) but the difference here is that NK is no 20 year old bimbo. She's a 30 year old, educated, professional woman. I'm going to predict that you were a hard working Mum, taking care of your family at age 30.

It seems to me overall is that CW and SW perceptions of their marriage was way off from one another. I think CW was harboring alot for years. I think CW has been unfaithful to SW in other ways prior to this(internet, etc. etc. whatever) and got lucky with NK, especially his confidence getting more fit. SW and her in laws clearly they never liked her(SW was married before - maybe judgement from CW family/disapproval most likely). That just fueled the fire, and CW didn't defend SW really with the mama watts( we all see that sick dynamic in the watts family for sure). I think CW killed SW first, then the kids. CW behavior in an affair and detachment is classic, he wanted out. His dinner with NK charged is definitely him checking out, but got challenged by SW and her "snooping". I did find it interesting SW was checking up on his spending on saturday, she may have witnessed things in the past and never talked to anyone about it till recently - I honestly do feel SW had a very strong personality and her strong desire to want the good image and her business she didn't want to see the relationship for what it was.....just speculating that she just kept at CW and he took it, and has been done for a long time but didn't have the balls to end the marriage the right way. His incompatibility is such a classic line when someone else is in the picture. I cannot understand CW actions to kill his children baffles me. If it was a rage killing and arguing etc etc but to silently smother them boggles my mind. I can see him killing SW but not innocent children. To me its a marriage that wasn't there for some time, and CW just bottom line wanted out. Shame on NK for not just owning her actions.....she had lust in her eyes - amazing when affairs happen its like heroin/addiction.....

Even in reading their texts, you can't make sense of what he is thinking. One minute he says they aren't compatible, next he says he still loves her, then he wants to work on the marriage. He even told her that he wanted a separation but not a divorce for quite a well. Saddest, he kept telling her that it would be all right. That he was going to fix it. He was going to fix it.

Well, he fixed it.

I think that's where the delusion comes in. They think they can get away with it because they've successfully manipulated for so long.

But that's also where the panic about not being seen as perfect comes in. They think death is the better option than being unmasked. I think I need to edit my warning sign list!!!

Being unmasked is one of their greatest fears and equates almost to their own death.

Being alone, for them is much like the fear of dying also.

I think your posts are very thoughtful Layla and I don't counter them lightly you say some very relevant points.
I don't believe NK has self esteem issues.
the people who work with her don't have high opinions but that is just hear say agiven.

the loudest action of dominance I seen between NK and CW was not coming from chris.
sending text telling someone to "work on their marriage' followed by nude selfies to hot blooded man is extremely manipulative imo
To me she seems extremely insecure. Most women who have a pattern of being with men that treat them badly have very low self esteem, and are easy for men like Chris to spot. The very act of sending him selfies and being manipulative is very telling. It's as if she's desperate to get attention. She probably thinks her body is her best feature and the only way to keep his attention. It's sad and pathetic to me. A confident woman would not feel the need to do that, and she obviously worked very hard at it. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member