GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #61

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like her voice, may or may not be how she speaks all the time but it's part of her personality disorder/manipulation.

I can walk out my door right now and hear half a dozen young ladies in the street with stupid put on voices (I live in the central city)

Half the guys like Watts are rocking their bro-speak

Thoughts and a couple of questions this morning.

1. My head is spinning from all the data released. Is this normal for LE to provide all this info?
I have very little sympathy for NK, but to release her address and phone seems like a recipe for disaster, and a potential lawsuit.

2. Vocal fry - who knows why she sounded this way, could have been a multitude of reasons. But - in the context of this interview, it seems to me to be affected; i.e. it wasn't natural. IMO she used it, when she thought it would give her credibility or give her an advantage.

3. This is my no means meant negatively toward SW. CW seems to gravitate toward women who are similar to his mother. Even SW to some degree. Strong, outspoken, commanding. All good traits, most of the time. Not so much in Cindy or NK. They say that people often attempt to "fix" their childhood experience in their romantic liaisons. Could be the case here to some degree. Add to that his serious lack of empathy, self-centered nature and lying and you have a man who wanted his mom in his mate, and was evil in his attempt to achieve that.

So many horrific cases these days. One after another. :(
SW is a quiet sweet little angel woman compared to NK <modsnip - name calling>!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not that it matters, but lack of sleep can alter the sound of a persons voice. I don’t know if it’s true or not however, NK said she had not slept.
jmo

I had forgotten about that! When I have a terrible insomnia night, hubby can always tell over the phone by how I sound. He says it sounds like I need to cough or clear my throat, like I am horse? I haven't listened to her interview, I just can't right now.

Exactly - and he would only need to clarify whether it was a choking or smothering if he knew there were two different manners of death before hand....

Did Chris and Ronnie discuss what happened on the ride from the airport?
Discovery pg 605 (pg 538)
Chris asked to speak with his dad, agents leave the room. Chris tells his story to his dad, agents come back in and discuss then leave again, Ronnie stays with Chris. At this point Chris asks his dad “Did you tell mom yet”. Ronnie answers no.
Ronnie has not left the room, when did he have a chance to tell Cindy if he didn’t know before he entered the room. I also think it is odd that when Chris said smothered twice Ronnie said “choke or smothered”, why would he question what Chris was saying, was Chris going off script? Maybe I am looking at it with bias but I don’t know why he wouldn’t just accept Chris saying they were smothered. Chris was very close to his father, it is hard to believe he would not confide and seek his advice.

I’ve commented before about the agents technique, how masterful they were. Watching how child like Chris is is both sad and disturbing. The agents knew to approach him as if speaking to a child, soft spoken voices, rubbing his back, constant reassurances.

The interrogation videos are reasons one million and fifty to always shut up and ask for an attorney. . No way you can outsmart experienced detectives. Especially when you’re a guilty, family killing liar. And idiot to boot.

I can walk out my door right now and hear half a dozen young ladies in the street with stupid put on voices (I live in the central city)

Half the guys like Watts are rocking their bro-speak
YUP! I live in a young neighborhood in a city, we call em bros n hos lol. Match made in heaven. I'm in MPLS and it's super funny watching the gals navigate icy sidewalks in miniskirts and 4" heels. Moved here 20 years ago, when I was their age we wore DR. Marten's and dyed our hair with Koolaid.

There is a huge 30s standoff around the 5min mark.

So tense!
I felt it just watchin, I can’t imagine being in the room.
I finally this morning looked up what vocal fry is. Now you've gone and done it! I'm going to have to go back and listen to her again to see if I hear what you did.
lol, well brace yourself, I was never so glad as I was when that interview ended.

I’ve never heard of vocal fry either. I guess that is what she was doing at the very beginning when stating her name and basic info , then she got almost perky in a regular voice. There were so many moments where she sounded so immature. Pleeeaaassseee don’t briiinnggg jiiiimmmm into this in a childish whiny tone. Well into the interview she did express grief for the children but she was flippant, matter of fact and self serving most of the time. Considering the gravity of the situation I found it an odd interview.

Alright, I am over the NK interview. She acted weird but CW is weirder, er more weird? My brain is fried from listening to bad grammar. Anyway, CW is the cold blooded murderer. An evil robot for sure. CW is the monster who did this. I'm midway through the long CW video (I'll post below). I'm listening to it rather than watching it because the video doesn't match up with the sound and that was driving me crazy. His affect the entire time is flat. His voice hardly changes tone at all. I expected to hear some emotion when he finally got to the point of confessing (I just got past the part where he talked to his dad). Very little change in his voice. It gets slightly higher as he lies. He sniffs and pretends to cry a little bit. That's it. Maybe he will get more emotional later on when he realizes he has to go to jail now. I'm not holding my breath. Evil. Monster. Robot. He murdered his entire family. :mad:

Did Chris and Ronnie discuss what happened on the ride from the airport?
Discovery pg 605 (pg 538)
Chris asked to speak with his dad, agents leave the room. Chris tells his story to his dad, agents come back in and discuss then leave again, Ronnie stays with Chris. At this point Chris asks his dad “Did you tell mom yet”. Ronnie answers no.
Ronnie has not left the room, when did he have a chance to tell Cindy if he didn’t know before he entered the room. I also think it is odd that when Chris said smothered twice Ronnie said “choke or smothered”, why would he question what Chris was saying, was Chris going off script? Maybe I am looking at it with bias but I don’t know why he wouldn’t just accept Chris saying they were smothered. Chris was very close to his father, it is hard to believe he would not confide and seek his advice.

I’ve commented before about the agents technique, how masterful they were. Watching how child like Chris is is both sad and disturbing. The agents knew to approach him as if speaking to a child, soft spoken voices, rubbing his back, constant reassurances.

Geez. That is a really good catch. I don't know that I would have noticed that. "Did you tell mom yet?"

But maybe it was about something else?

I may be stretching. It just seems like one other unfathomable thing- that Ronnie knew they were all dead before the interview? Holy smoke.

One thing I was thinking is that Ronnie is used to bailing out his son. We know that what CW was saying to his dad was a lie. So he would have no reason to correct him when he supplied "facts." And maybe RW was just leading him.

At the least it seems he knew his son was lying.

But that one statement. It's hard to get past that. Combined with RW's
overall lack of strong reaction and supplying him with "facts"...Hmmm.

Who was it last thread who brought this all out? It does seem RW knew.

Ok I know it was an interrogation techinique to get him talking, but I wish they wouldn’t have fed him the lines about Shanann killing the girls and said something else. I guess it all worked because he pleaded guilty to all, but wish it would have been another story they fed him.

From their point of view, so early in the investigation, I suspect they were actually playing their hunches.

After all, we know that Watt's mates and work colleagues all thought he was a stand up guy and "Perfect Dad". The investigator even said this to Watts.

They knew about the affair, but that is really all they had. So why two Chris's??

I mean from their point of view, a domestic that leads to the wife dead is not unusual - they know he did it - but how to explain the kids?

I think when they threw out an accident it was just a shot in the dark.

But maybe they had reason to chase the idea of "having to clean up something SW did" ?

Did this come from Dad outside the room? or were they judging from how watt's reacted to the idea?

The interrogation videos are reasons one million and fifty to always shut up and ask for an attorney. . No way you can outsmart experienced detectives. Especially when you’re a guilty, family killing liar. And idiot to boot.

I’m still somewhat surprised he didn’t ask for an attorney. I’m glad he didn’t, but still surprised.
jmo

Shhhh don't announce this well guarded secret ! We want these bozos to keep digging holes they can't climb out of...really helps expedite the case ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid