GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #62

Status
Not open for further replies.
So maybe Jim searched some things about threesomes.

That's a very intriguing theory! The only way we could know is if Jim was out of town the night that search occurred. NK said he is out of town a lot.

And was it her computer that was searched or her phone? My understanding was that she did the searches on her phone.

Honestly she drew a lot more attention to Jim by insisting they not talk to him.

I wonder what CW's diehard fangirls and his family think of the fact that it was INVESTIGATORS who initially proposed the theory that Shanann murdered or hurt the girls. Not CW. And he initially denied that was the truth before suddenly and quickly embracing the theory.

That's pretty transparent. Pretty obvious that he latched on to an out provided by a third party rather than finally confessing of his own volition to what "really" happened.

Will they be able to understand that logic?

Probably not. They haven't been logical thus far.
Exactly. I was perplexed that he was able to come up with this scenario on his own, on account of his tremendous stupidity.

The discovery documents showed that this scenario came from LE, as they pushed him towards a partial confession.

They were able to get him from “my family vanished,” to “I killed Shanann.”

They couldn’t get him to go all the way (which was their intent), but what they got was good enough.

Well, good enough for people with common sense anyway.

Is the bodycam video released of the neighbor when he said this? I can’t find the actual video.

Toward the end, Watts leaves the room to speak with a detective outside. Trinastich turns to Coonrod and says, "He's not acting right."

Trinastich goes on to tell Coonrod that he often hears the Watts fighting verbally. The last time he heard them fight was before Shanann Watts went to North Carolina, he said.

"To be completely honest with you, my wife and I were wondering when she was on vacation if something happened, because I've heard them flat-out screaming at each other at the top of their lungs, and he gets crazy," he said.

I feel we need more information on that "he gets crazy" remark.

You know, the way this Jim looks, and especially the context of NK texting with her friend CN made me think. So far I have met only one subculture that is so open about their love experiences that they almost want you to ask them...now my wheels are spinning, and I got a question.

My question is, everyone has noticed that in 2017 NK Googled SW, and it was surprising.

My question is, at that time, in 2017, did she Google Chris, too?

Or only Shanann?

The documents say, Shanann? If she Googled both Wattses, won't it be mentioned somewhere?

And even if she saw Chris in 2017, and got interested, would she not Google him first, then his wife? So why was she interested in Shanann? Shanann didn't know her, as far as I know.
I don’t think she would google Chris first, she knew what he looked like, where he worked. She most likely knew nothing about Shanann and wanted to see what the wife looked like.

I feel we need more information on that "he gets crazy" remark.
I am glad the neighbor made that clarification. Otherwise the SW haters would say, "see! Shanann was abusive" or some nonsense. But no, the neighbor said they both argue (normal with couples) but only said CW got crazy. Perhaps this is why SW took off with the kids for 5 weeks. I wish she had stayed there.

I don’t think she would google Chris first, she knew what he looked like, where he worked. She most likely knew nothing about Shanann and wanted to see what the wife looked like.
Was it ever established or verified that she looked Shanann up on 2017? I didn't see any comments on it in the Docs and no mention of it in the interview. Why wouldnt LE have confronted her with that?

Oh, boy. I imagine how much sympathy you got instead...

About Scott Peterson, the detective said to Amber Frey, "he lies even about his lies". I think it is more that just need for sympathy. Some weirdness that has no name yet.

The reason my ex-liar told me about his "dead" ex was to explain that we looked very much alike, hence he fell in love with me on the spot. I remember him telling me about her "quiet gravesite". And then I met her.

so weird...I guess it's a pathology. I wish I understood what caused it though.
His friends weren't sympathetic to me instead accused me of ruining his life and faking my death. I was dumbfounded.

I guess I can post this on the main thread now, since everyone us discussing it. Some thoughts that I had:

The search result on NK's phone for SW's name in SEP. 2017. In the polygraph transcript CW mentions that he knew a year ago that his marriage was falling apart.

CW also says that SW could have burner phone. (He knew of them enough to mention it casually...not an "extra" phone, but specifically burner. He & NK probably both had them.)

NK was searching images of interracial threesome *advertiser censored* on her phone before their last date prior to the murders. On either ***** or ***** I saw comments from a woman who said CW and "his wife" participated in threesome with her, she was AA, as far as I can recall. This was months ago, I had forgot about it until I read the discovery. (This was in the Discovery, this woman was dismissed but not disproven.)

Maybe this was not CW and his wife, but CW and NK.

I think she is just as effed up as he is and that they began an interest in each other back in late 2017 and it turned physical somewhere in early 2018, hence the increased sex drive in CW. This is common for people who are also having sex outside of the relationship. The baby came either as a last ditch effort for CW to "fix" things, as he put it or as a way to keep SW in the dark.

When CW found out that SW was pregnant he upped his game with NK, probably telling her that he was absolutely divorcing his wife, and stringing both women along for the few weeks until SW went to NC. When SW left they both stopped giving a crap about getting caught.

No one starts looking for wedding dresses after a few weeks of dating a married with kids guy.

I bet CW had told NK that he was no longer sleeping with SW in early 2018. I also bet that she found out, or he inadvertently mentioned the pregnancy sometime after anal sex and before pizza party disposal site planning. The emotional convo was between SW and NK after she found out about pregnancy. She flipped out and he devised a plan to make his obligations go away.

Pawing the ring is also callous and out of character for an AP in a brand new relationship.

CW's mom knows a bit. She said he was having an emotional relationship "at first" in her tv interviews. At first? You mean back in 2017.

Page 757 a co-worker named Brown describes CW and NK at the office and says he saw them chatting and standing very close to each other 5 months ago, interview was 8/30/18.

That's some of it...

I'm used to listening to liars. I've heard at least 2 speaking in this case.

Yes disturbing for sure. I believe it was MsBetsy who stated he only did it as he knew he was being watched. I agree.
I think someone else said it and I agreed. It was as if he was making up for his lack of emotion noted by LE. Maybe he figured they would see his reminiscing as missing the girls. Little did he know it makes him appear creepier than ever.

They said that too, but no I'm thinking of something about the dogs. Alexa is the name of the voice for an Amazon home device of some sort. From what I gather it's something like the voice of Siri on an iPhone. You can play music or order things online from Amazon saying "Alexa order this". There is a video SW posted of the girls asking Alexa to "play Elsa music" and instead of playing the music from Frozen it adds Elsa to their shopping list or something. I don't completely understand the purpose of this device other than it seems like a fun toy and I have read in other cases it is always listening/recording you so may record crimes, sometimes? IDK. Sounds like a major invasion of privacy to me but what do I know...
I once asked my Alexa to sing for me.
It was hilarious.

She sang something like this in her lovely voice:
Technology Technology Technology♫
Where sould I be without technology
Tech! Tech! Tech!
Woo hoo~ Technology

Anyway, she is pretty convenient to have. I use her to make hands free phone calls, wake me up sometimes, ask questions like how to spell certain words,etc, and most importantly to play my playlist of favorite music. Love her.

Finally watched all the polygraph videos. That agent was awesome! She had his number and knew just how to act casual and not very official. Unbelievable that she told him it would be so foolish and stupid to take the test if he was lying about his involvement, and he still took it anyway. But I bet that had him so freaked out. She acted (purposely) like someone at the doctor's office who's just helping you with intake forms and getting information before you see the actual doctor. Not the bada$$ who was strategically calculating how she was going to gain his trust, get his guard down, trip him up, and nail him.

- I also liked her subtle ways at flattering him. "Oh a super healthy and fit guy like you will be able to sit through this with NO problem!" And when she was talking about the motion pad component of the polygraph equipment she's all, (paraphrased), "Well you lift weights, you work your core, you know any movement will come from there." Oh she was good! And the idiot was no doubt preening again.

- One thing that caught attention - he kept using the exact same words, phrases, and talking points from the porch news interviews. "This is like earth shattering." "It was a ghost town last night." "I miss saying eat your dinner or you won't get your snack." "They were just like vanished." "I wouldn't need to turn their rain maker on because they weren't there." It was just the exact same robotic phrases. He literally said nothing new.

- It seemed clear that his only initial "plan" to explain away their disappearance was going to be to act like they left. I don't think he had ever thought past that in his head. It was just going to be that she went to a mysterious friend's house. Only when he realized that he had FBI there, and dogs, and drones, and all these people freaking out that SW was missing, did he start realizing that wasn't going to work and would have to start rambling about maybe someone "has them" and they weren't "safe." But the mass response to them missing totally freaked him out because he had not planned for that or how he could make it sound like a possibility. (Thank you NUA.) He has NOT planned to be on his front porch with a speech worked out, begging for a perpetrator to let them go.

- The night out at the Rockies game. What a total idiot. No words. I mean did he seriously make up an entire fake work raffle? And then names the coworkers. And this was regarding what he did the weekend before his family goes missing. Like that information wasn't going to be immediately verified. Unbelievable.

- I found it really interesting to actually hear him talk about SW's Thrive job. It at least sounded like he viewed it as a valid job with considerable income and he didn't have a problem with it. He let her post on FB for him and contact his friends too. I can see being annoyed if someone is pitching this stuff for a few extra hundred dollars, but 65-70K range is bringing in a real income where one might view it in a different light. And he seemed to genuinely endorse the product. Nothing raised a flag that her thrive involvement was causing issues. It was helping to pay bills.

The polygraph videos just felt SO bizarre to listen to. He sounded more or less genuine when talking about different aspects of his life. I got the sense he genuinely liked his job, boss, coworkers. He liked his fitness and health and gadgets and cars and Sportscenter. It even sounded like he appreciated SW's organization. It was pretty obvious when he transitioned from talking about those things to the things we know are lies. Don't need a polygraph test to sense that shift.

It's so weird. In the context of knowing his pregnant wife and young daughters are missing, his demeanor and lack of being worried, upset, distressed were glaring. Even just seeing the look on NUA's face in the body cam videos versus CW. But if you didn't know any of what was going on, he just seems like a low key, pleasant, amicable guy. Simple. Likes sports. Non-threatening. Someone wrote in a post a while back that he was acting like a mildly concerned distant neighbor, not the husband and father of a missing family.

That's what I felt like watching some of the videos. And that if he was just a neighbor who had wandered over to ask what was going on, express surprise, mansplain things (I heart you for that comment) like security systems and camera angles with the other neighbors, you would just think oh yeah, Chris. He seems like a good dude. But then you realize that you are listening to someone who in reality annihilated his entire family and was able to call a realtor, join a fantasy football league, joke around with coworkers, and take pictures of flowers from the gravesite to woo his girlfriend. That's not "scared" behavior. That's missing a conscience. So hard to wrap my head around it.

You expressed this so perfectly. Agree on all that you said.

They said that too, but no I'm thinking of something about the dogs. Alexa is the name of the voice for an Amazon home device of some sort. From what I gather it's something like the voice of Siri on an iPhone. You can play music or order things online from Amazon saying "Alexa order this". There is a video SW posted of the girls asking Alexa to "play Elsa music" and instead of playing the music from Frozen it adds Elsa to their shopping list or something. I don't completely understand the purpose of this device other than it seems like a fun toy and I have read in other cases it is always listening/recording you so may record crimes, sometimes? IDK. Sounds like a major invasion of privacy to me but what do I know...
Just to give a bit more insight into Alexa:

With the right equipment, you can do a lot with Alexa. I use it to control lighting in several rooms. I have a hub for that connected to my router and special bulbs with WLAN. I use an app with a fence function that automatically switches on selected lights when I come home (or switch them off when leaving). I also use Alexa and special radiator thermostats to regulate temperature (when I‘m on the road and I want it cozy, I can give remote commands), I have a calendar file imported into an Alexa app (so called ”skill“) that will tell me when garbage is picked up if I ask. I can turn on the coffee machine while still in bed. I can say ”Add milk to my shopping list” which is then added to the shopping list on my iPhone. Using a service called IFTTT (If This Then That), I can program dependencies such as ”If sunset, turn on lights” or ”If outside temperature drops below zero, turn on all heaters“ (literally thousands of things you can do). I can listen to Podcasts, radio, my own music or connect my smartphone/ TV via bluetooth. Alexa has a lot of useful skills but most people probably only use a few.

Alexa is always listening AFAIK but only records when you say ”Alexa” (it sometimes reacts when you say a similar word like ”Alexander“).

Yes, privacy is an issue but when I murder someone, I usually plug it off. <- just kidding! :p

I guess I can post this on the main thread now, since everyone us discussing it. Some thoughts that I had:

The search result on NK's phone for SW's name in SEP. 2017. In the polygraph transcript CW mentions that he knew a year ago that his marriage was falling apart.

CW also says that SW could have burner phone. (He knew of them enough to mention it casually...not an "extra" phone, but specifically burner. He & NK probably both had them.)

NK was searching images of interracial threesome *advertiser censored* on her phone before their last date prior to the murders. On either ***** or ***** I saw comments from a woman who said CW and "his wife" participated in threesome with her, she was AA, as far as I can recall. This was months ago, I had forgot about it until I read the discovery. (This was in the Discovery, this woman was dismissed but not disproven.)

Maybe this was not CW and his wife, but CW and NK.

I think she is just as effed up as he is and that they began an interest in each other back in late 2017 and it turned physical somewhere in early 2018, hence the increased sex drive in CW. This is common for people who are also having sex outside of the relationship. The baby came either as a last ditch effort for CW to "fix" things, as he put it or as a way to keep SW in the dark.

When CW found out that SW was pregnant he upped his game with NK, probably telling her that he was absolutely divorcing his wife, and stringing both women along for the few weeks until SW went to NC. When SW left they both stopped giving a crap about getting caught.

No one starts looking for wedding dresses after a few weeks of dating a married with kids guy.

I bet CW had told NK that he was no longer sleeping with SW in early 2018. I also bet that she found out, or he inadvertently mentioned the pregnancy sometime after anal sex and before pizza party disposal site planning. The emotional convo was between SW and NK after she found out about pregnancy. She flipped out and he devised a plan to make his obligations go away.

Pawing the ring is also callous and out of character for an AP in a brand new relationship.

CW's mom knows a bit. She said he was having an emotional relationship "at first" in her tv interviews. At first? You mean back in 2017.

Page 757 a co-worker named Brown describes CW and NK at the office and says he saw them chatting and standing very close to each other 5 months ago, interview was 8/30/18.

That's some of it...

I'm used to listening to liars. I've heard at least 2 speaking in this case.

you bring up great points esp. about the emotional conversation.

Was it ever established or verified that she looked Shanann up on 2017? I didn't see any comments on it in the Docs and no mention of it in the interview. Why wouldnt LE have confronted her with that?
It is in the discovery. I don’t think LE confronted her about it because it had nothing to do with Chris murdering his family. Maybe if this had gone to trial one side or the other maybe could use that info for something idk. They interviewed the other people he supposedly cheated with but to my knowledge they had not verified if they were being truthful. This case resolved before items like that were followed thru on.

Reading Shan'ann's mom's statement to the detectives was heartbreaking all over again. SW was SO loved by her parents and brother. The gave up nearly everything to care for her while she was pregnant with Cece, that blew me away. Everyone should be so loved by their family.

CW's immediate family is cruel and completely bonkers. I said earlier that I had no more words to waste on them, so that's all I'll say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname