GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #62

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe all the love was just on his mother's side. Subconsciously people do choose mates that mimic childhood abuses etc...no idea why I guess it's familiar to them.
It's familiar, comfortable and is also what they know to be "normal." Unless they have been through extensive therapy, they will be drawn to what is normal to them.

Quick comment on the bloody sheet in a previous thread, maybe someone can clarify for me? I was thinking maybe it was the aftermath of the coffin birth on it, and yes, decomposed.
The sheet was found above ground. It had dirt on it, as he wrapped Shanann in that sheet and apparently dragged it across the ground when he was transporting her body to what would ultimately be a shallow grave.

There is no evidence that it contained blood, per discovery.

The autopsy didn’t show any wounds to her body that would have caused bleeding either.

It was just a sensationalist take, by a tabloid rag.

Going to a psychologist would have meant he had to express his feelings. He probably didn't want to be discovered for what he truly was. He spent his life quietly hanging in the shadows trying to hide that he was just an empty shell. When Shanann mentioned therapy he was totally closed off to it. He said he wasn't going to talk to a stranger about what he had just told her. I think he was really afraid of someone knowing what actually went on in his mind. I don't think he knew what emotions or empathy truly felt like. Everything was learned from other people. I bet a psychologist would have uncovered that pretty fast. Imo

Makes sense and if indeed he felt empty all the time, if he felt passion or addictive lust that must've been too compelling to allow for reason. Because imagine going through life feeling emptiness and no real love or joy or anything. And then BAM.

The power of just feeling must've been too much to harness.

Luckily I don't think there exist too many of such creatures as he.

I hope.

I love watching CW being handcuffed, and being walked to the car.:):)
There only seemed to be one Police Officer involved.o_O
Guess others were nearby.
In the interrogation, I did't hear it being said, CW is under arrest, as sound is horrid.
Is this stated anywhere?
Would love to see if this blank face shows any expression.
When CW is handcuffed, there is nothing stated, about CW being under arrest.
Everything is so calm, no drama.
I laughed at the song playing in the cop car on his way to jail.
"Get along, on down the road
We've got a long, long way to go"

For those that were asking, CW reveals during polygraph that he moved out right after graduating hs and never went back.

Somewhere I saw a photo of CW in a tux, possibly graduation or prom, but I can't remember where. He's much scarier looking, imo, if you can find it.

Like this one is closer to his true self, before he learned to fully mimic a caring father

ChrisWatts_Sophmore.jpg

Moo

Makes sense and if indeed he felt empty all the time, if he felt passion or addictive lust that must've been too compelling to allow for reason. Because imagine going through life feeling emptiness and no real love or joy or anything. And then BAM.

I hope.
Yes, maybe sex was the closest thing to any emotion he felt. He certainly did it often enough. At least he didn't have to talk.

I loved how Tammy let him go on and on and on about absolute tosh, I missed them throwing chicken nuggets at me, I missed not having to turn on their rain machines, blah blah blah. He really screwed up there. She was probably thinking you murdering piece of scum. You weren't collapsed on the floor begging to be sedated until they were found.
Every time he tells that nugget story it gives me chills. At best it's disgustingly phony, but I could also picture him taunting the girls by doing that to them and passing it off as a joke.

Hes an absolute creep

Moo

The sheet was found above ground. It had dirt on it, as he wrapped Shanann in that sheet and apparently dragged it across the ground when he was transporting her body to what would ultimately be a shallow grave.

There is no evidence that it contained blood, per discovery.

The autopsy didn’t show any wounds to her body that would have caused bleeding either.

It was just a sensationalist take, by a tabloid rag.

Someone posted earlier or yesterdays thread that the white sheet in evidence is the sheet that LE laid her on when they removed her from the shallow grave to preserve any evidence. She was decomposed so that is what all that staining is and don't forget it was August and hot out in the baking sun.

CW says he weighed 248 before he started thrive, or was it when he met SW? Just trying to envision him in his skater clothes, with greased hair. He's not all that tall.

Another thing, he told his dad "I killed her". Then dad says, leading him, you smothered her? You strangled her? CW is not all that decisive in his answer, imo, although the sound was poor. Then CW says I did the same to her, (as she did to the girls), iirc. Then later with the agents, he mumbles about not actually seeing sw's hands, it was from the side. Sounded vague to me. Other than saying "I killed her" to his dad, did he ever just looked at any of the 3 and say I strangled her? Meaning sw.

I thought that 1 segment of the interrogation, after the polygraph was fascinating, where the agents were suggesting there was an accident, or that one of the girls was killed so that the dead one would not have to keep living alone, or that SW did it. It seems like they tried out several permutations, watching closely to see where he would enter the trap. Leaning very heavily on flattery, his being such a good father, keeping them warm, his own father would always love him, etc.

It made me wonder, in their training, if they have suggested techniques tailored to personality types/crimes/age groups. For instance, if I had killed my husband, I don't think that flattery would have swayed me to confess.

FBI agents are trained to look at physiological changes in a suspect when they are speaking. Do they sweat alot? Does the artery in his neck bulge when questioned on a particular subject? They focus on what the suspect says, how often the suspect mentions certain things (or avoids mentioning certain topics).

FBI agents even look at grammar and distancing language and past vs present tense. There was an interview with an FBI agent who analyzed the McCann parents and he said anytime certain words are mentioned (brushing teeth, bath time, toilet) there is a good chance that there has been physical or sexual abuse in the home.

In the interview with CW, notice how he mentions Shanann was under the covers and he sat on top of the covers and mascara was running down on her face? He said this a few times but his voice kind of trailed off a few times. He never really was specific about this. It's most likely because Shanann was dead and CW was trying to avoid telling investigators the rest of the story. It was causing him stress in having to tell this part.

The agents really played CW like a fiddle.

I can't remember what video it was in, but before they confronted CW, Agent Tammy asks CW if they find SW and the girls murdered, what does he think should happen to the person who did it.

And he gives a cold, clinical, non-emotional answer that then they should get the death penalty or if Colorado doesn't really do that, then life in prison. But no emotion or anger like how he would want them dead or suffer or what he would want to do to the person who did this to his family.

Which of course he didn't have that emotion because he is the guilty one! But even more was telling that if he was going to blame this on SW, he should have been all, "I would want to do to them the exact thing they did to my daughters, those were my kids."

My favorite part of the polygraph video is when awesome Tammy says, "Wow, the good news is, you are a horrible liar! Has anyone ever told you that? That was awesome. If you lie it will be really easy to tell!"

I was dying watching this. Seriously she was scary. There is no way I’d agree to a polygraph test with her. I’d be freaked out she’d think I was lying even though I was completely innocent and I’d be arrested. WTH was he thinking? She made it absolutely clear she didn’t think he had a chance of passing imo.

Yes and that's what stood out to many who kept repeating that had it been rage or had it been Shanann who did it, he would express some form of grief for his children. Shock at least which we do not see. At the LEAST, he would not be so cavalier, carefree and even jovial at times.

It was transparent that he felt nothing for the loss of his children.
Such as watching the cell phone videos of the children, while he knew the cops were monitoring the room. And then he even mentioned it. As though they would be impressed, lol.

Last edited:

I hope.

I hope there aren’t too many of these people either but it is both fascinating and terrifying to imagine. What bothers me most is the thought that CW seemingly changed over the course of a few weeks. How is that possible? Are we all just sitting ducks at the mercy of our significant others’ potential psychosis?? Are any of us really safe from a change of heart by our loved ones??

I realize this sounds neurotic on my part, but I can’t help but wonder about the men I know who share similar traits to CW: quiet, introverted, inexpressive and with domineering mothers. It’s enough to make you sleep with one eye open...or with plenty of Xanax.

I think LE was just lying to him about that to mess with his head.

Moo
I've thought more about this. I absolutely think she was lying about this. He probably had a completely flat line when he lied about the no.3 and she wanted to see if telling him that would make his heart beat at all. I mean it's not exactly scary lying about a number to comply with a test.

Wasn't that something he is supposed to have tried on her after it was all over the news about his missing pregnant wife? I'm not saying she never lied or didn't actually know, but I don't think that part of the story is inconsistent?
IIRC NK had also googled SW during the summer of 2018... to see FB page maybe? (Not sure what other reason there could be) and there was the pregnancy test reveal video on FB in early June, I think...

I hadn't seen this. I notice CW is rocking with arms wrapped around his chest like we saw in media interviews.
I’ve not seen this one. I had to watch it several times because I thought I was looking at my parents first house in Co. the layout is IDENTICAL. I actually have chills. Their house is/was in Brighton though wow.

FBI agents are trained to look at physiological changes in a suspect when they are speaking. Do they sweat alot? Does the artery in his neck bulge when questioned on a particular subject? They focus on what the suspect says, how often the suspect mentions certain things (or avoids mentioning certain topics).

FBI agents even look at grammar and distancing language and past vs present tense. There was an interview with an FBI agent who analyzed the McCann parents and he said anytime certain words are mentioned (brushing teeth, bath time, toilet) there is a good chance that there has been physical or sexual abuse in the home.

In the interview with CW, notice how he mentions Shanann was under the covers and he sat on top of the covers and mascara was running down on her face? He said this a few times but his voice kind of trailed off a few times. He never really was specific about this. It's most likely because Shanann was dead and CW was trying to avoid telling investigators the rest of the story. It was causing him stress in having to tell this part.

The agents really played CW like a fiddle.
He was ready to lose it just before they let him see RW. I thought it was strange when the male detective told him to take a big breath and the breath was very loud. Another thing I don't think would work with me, if I were being interrogated, I would breath deeply if they suggested it, but I wouldn't make it so audible like a kid would.

Indeed. Unreal enough for most that the moment they saw him talking, they slid right off the fence. Because how could anyone look at that and still think it's possible his wife killed the kids, coupled with everything else we knew at the time?

Well....it’s hard to believe anybody could do that to their family, so it’s hard to blame anybody for not being able to say someone is 100% guilty without all the facts. I think it’s great so many slid off the fence right from the get go, but I don’t see the point in continuing to rub it in to those who didn’t. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname