GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #64

Status
Not open for further replies.
One time my son did something really obnoxious in line at the grocery store, I don’t remember what it was, but I said, “I’m going to kill you!” The woman ahead of me in line gave me one the dirtiest looks I’ve ever seen. I felt so ashamed and embarrassed, I never said anything like that to him again. Sometimes, we hear these phrases of speech and ways of responding in our every day social interactions, and we pick them up and start using them ourselves, without realizing how bad they might sound to the people around us.

In the grocery earlier, a little boy knocked several jars of pickles to the floor, many shattering & splashing juice. The first thing his mom said “omg, I could kill you”. Of course she didn’t mean it.

I think if CW had proceeded to trial, her texts would have been used. I mean can’t you just hear it now? “Look ladies & gentlemen, right here, in her own words.......”

I have been raked over the coals for my “pushing buttons” comment, and I’d like to explain. To me, “pushing buttons” means a high sensitivity in the person whose buttons are getting pushed over a personal psychological issue they need to deal with, so it is no longer a sore spot for them. The person who is pushing the buttons, either consciously or unconsciously, is telling the truth. I think it is a common occurrence in a marriage. I know I’ve done it, I know my husband has done it to me. In no way do I blame SW for what happened to her. Anyone who accuses me of this is making a false and hurtful accusation.
But even if he reacted to a "sore spot" she hit, which I do not believe happened, and at 2am in the morning, there would still be no need to smother his beloved baby girls. I don't see how a person goes from a heated passionate rage and then calms down to continue cold, cruel methodical acts of killing your two little girls. Each death would have taken several long minutes. A heat of the moment rage rampage doesn't last that long. And no, I don't believe he snapped and killed her, then decides he would say she "left" so he comes to the conclusion that he will kill his two innocent daughters too. But not in passion, in slow, thought out deliberate action.

Shanann could have been the best wife in the world, had zero normal human faults and if Chris decided his life would be better without her and the children he would have still chosen murder as an option because he does not have the same emotional bonds the rest of us form. They could have had the best, happiest marriage and if someone caught his eye he still would have strayed. He can’t be viewed from the normal dynamics of most relationships- his mind doesn’t work that way. If it was about the dynamic between Shanann and Chris the children would be alive.

MOO
I watched so many videos where SW tried her best to do everything right. There’s one where she talks about putting the kids to bed at 6:30 every night, so she and CW have time to take care of business, and then spend time together each day. It’s heartbreaking. She knew what it requires to create a healthy marriage, but it takes two, and CW’s head just wasn’t in the same place.

My husband and I have a date night scheduled for Friday night and I’m really hoping the HLN special and the 20/20 episode will be aired again! Does anyone know if they might be uploaded online somewhere afterward?

I bet the HLN spec will air several times. Idk if you can look at their schedule online or not. Guessing it might air on Sunday evening. Some of their specials do.

Was CW really clever enough to come up with putting the bodies of his small children into the tanks?

I don’t think that’s a clever idea - I think it’s sick.
IMO he’s sick enough to kill his wife and babies with his own hands - he came up with the sick idea to dump his babies in oil tanks.
jmo

Last edited:
Here's NK's Verizon bill. I copied this from Thinker Belle's post on the phone call. Investigators have an answer for this, I'm sure, but I'd really like to know what she was doing in Frederick so early that morning.
65d80370-2fe4-402e-9080-c9ab605405f7-jpeg.158305
I've just checked on google maps. From her home address to her work place involved driving through Frederick. she probably made the call whilst driving to work.Google Maps

I want to ask about an important post by Thinker Belle in Thread#63 pg 36, post #718 .

She notes on NK’s Verizon Phone Bill in Discovery #1 that

NK made a phone call FROM Frederick at 6:16 am the morning of the murders, August 13.

That’s right. NK was in Frederick not long after
CW left his home in Frederick at 5:37 am with the bodies in his truck.

It was a one minute call to Mystery Couch Surfer Jim’s out of state phone number. Which means she was not with Jim in her rental home in Thornton.

What the heck was she doing in Frederick at 6:16 am the morning of the murders?
Anadarko is not in Frederick.
NK does not live in Frederick.
Mystery Couch Surfer Jim’s mobile number has an area code from Millwaukee, Wisconsin area. He is not local. He most likely does not live in Frederick.

PommyMommy can you verify this was not mentioned anywhere else in Discovery nor in NK’s interviews? I don’t remember seeing it or hearing it anywhere.

Tortoise, how does this fit the event timeline?

Um, guys, this is bizarre.

ETA: I don’t know how to link to Thinker Belle, PommyMommy And Tortoise.

Agatha93 thank you for this post! I was wondering if anyone else was suspicious like I was when I first saw that phone record. Something just continues to not sit right with me concerning NK. I’m just not totally convinced she didn’t have knowledge of CW’s plan or was not involved somehow. I’m sure this has been addressed by LE but they likely just did not have enough evidence at the time to pin anything on her. I think because of the intense focus on CW she was spared from being in the spotlight for the most part. There have been other cases I can think of where I believe a likely accomplice got away without prosecution. As long as one person is paying for the crime it’s as if it’s been rectified in some
cases and no one seems interested in pursuing it anymore regarding other people potentially involved.

If NK did in fact have anything to do with this, I hope she is racked with guilt sonfierce that she can never enjoy a moment of peace. Then perhaps she might come clean. But it’s not likely IMO. I believe she has sociopathic tendencies herself.

Moo

But even if he reacted to a "sore spot" she hit, which I do not believe happened, and at 2am in the morning, there would still be no need to smother his beloved baby girls. I don't see how a person goes from a heated passionate rage and then calms down to continue cold, cruel methodical acts of killing your two little girls. Each death would have taken several long minutes. A heat of the moment rage rampage doesn't last that long. And no, I don't believe he snapped and killed her, then decides he would say she "left" so he comes to the conclusion that he will kill his two innocent daughters too. But not in passion, in slow, thought out deliberate action.
I don’t get it! I try, and I try, and I try. That’s why I’m still here at WS. Somebody, please tell me WHY CW did this in a way that makes sense! Help me understand! Those precious, adorable, innocent little girls. How could he? CW has to have some kind of psychological make up like none of us has ever seen, so we have no frame of reference for understanding. I imagine if they took one of those Dr. Phil type brain scans of CW’s brain, he would have black spots all over it.

I've just checked on google maps. From her home address to her work place involved driving through Frederick. she probably made the call whilst driving to work.
Edit to add link
Google Maps

It looks like it was selected as "walking" which does go through Frederick.. but if you switch it back to driving, it changes the route to taking I-25 as one of the options, and zooming in, looks like the interstate is more in Erie, CO.

I don’t think that’s a clever idea - I think it’s sick.
IMO he’s sick enough to kill his wife and babies with his own hands - he cane up with the sick idea to dump his babies in oil tanks.
jmo

And just as a thought, if NK had actually been somehow aware of or involved in these murders, it's more likely the stupid mistakes would not have happened.

CW just seems more like a follower, not the leader

Disclaimer: I'm only playing Devil's Advocate here, thinking of how all this transpired. I'm not accusing her of being directly involved

Last edited:
The ensuite in my spare bedroom goes dry (tank is still full) if it has not been used for a while. Maybe they did not use that bathroom.

I could see where this is the case here as well. In the video, Chris is seen unlocking the bathroom door, sounds like they kept it off limits to the girls (it's a jack/jill style where each of the girls' rooms have a door to it); he went on to say they have to keep it locked otherwise the girls get into things (paraphrasing) and explained how one time there was vaseline everywhere.

Anyone else notice the shirt that Watts was wearing in his first media interview on the porch/driveway? That is what initially caught my attention. The fact that this guy's wife and kids were missing, yet he'd somehow put on what looked to be a favorite shirt for TV. I realized it was reaching, but that shirt had a unique texture, was a (favorite perhaps?) sports-team theme, and I felt that it was obviously a special shirt to him, and how could he be to be concerned with that when his family is missing?

It was really minor, but it seemed odd at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astoldbybels