GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #64

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the lack of social media in the Laci Peterson days is a huge factor. No facebook pages to scrutinize. No major online communities to troll every picture and post with hateful comments. If there was anything negative, I don't think there was an easy community for the underbelly of society and trolls to organize and attack.

This case was also a little unique in how much of SW's online activity was public due to her direct sales set up. So many pictures and videos for hours of watching and scrutiny and online analysis.

A whole different world these days. Not sure it is always a good thing.
I think there are some really sick people in this world. I do remember Internet groups who sought to prove Scott Peterson innocent. They didn’t seem to bash Laci, though, but Laci didn’t post hundreds of videos where she left herself vulnerable for negatively inclined people to rip apart. Here’s a sneak preview of Friday’s 20/20. Did anyone already post it? I just got home. After watching it I don’t understand how anyone could find a negative word to say about Shanann, but I don’t understand a lot of things in this world. Shanann Watts' Parents Break Their Silence on Triple Murder of Daughter and 'Miracle' Grandkids

<mod fix mis-attributed quote>
It is strange. People bring up something about CW that is not true. A poster corrects it.

Then a poster is attacked as a CW lover . Whatever the poster is responding to is deemed irrelevant.
I know right? :confused: also its SW bashing when you point out something even SW says o_O

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the update Pommy!

That's a pretty big typo to make. Why was it put into a timeline of events if not relevant? I doubt a search made on Sept 1, 2018 would be relevant to the case. Didn't they collect her phone prior to Sept? How would a Sept 2018 search show up if they collected her phone in Aug?
And what about the search for CW in Aug 2017 and search for SW in January 2018? Were those typos too? o_O:cool::oops::eek:
Yes, it is and I don't know why it was left in the report. I'm certain that her phone was collected prior to Sept. I think CBI picked it up (or was it the data?) from Thornton PD around 8/21 - just from memory as I am still cooking...

Hopefully the DA will respond to CrimeOnline with further clarification. MOO

Last edited:
Strange. Start at 17:45.

CW arrives. He opens the garage door. Then he opens the front passenger side door of Lexus, next opens the back passenger side door, bends over and picks up something (it looks like), leaves the car door open and goes inside the house.

What was he looking for inside the car? Rings?

Oh, good catch! I wonder if he had stashed her phone and apple watch in there and grabbed them really quickly to take and hide in the house? I think he had plans to take SW's car out after work to make it look like she had left. JMO.

I dont think pointing out that speculation is incorrect when discovery says otherwise is disparaging. Facts aren't disparaging and pointing them out in no way makes it OK for CW to do what he did. As I stated earlier, speculation changes the narrative and the danger in that is that people will think that they will be able to protect themselves from something that they can't see.
You've speculated that CW has OCD or OCD tendencies, how does that change the narrative? Where in the discovery documents did you find facts that pointed you in this direction?

Any theories on why Watts would have been dragging the body (presumably SW's) toward the front of the truck rather than just hoisting her into the truck bed? Seems risky to move into potential camera view!

Dave

Somewhere, there was a photo of the back of his truck, and it really didn't look like there would be room. That's what I think he was trying to do with all those trips around the truck on the video. I also wondered if he took all 3 of them out there at the same time, or had taken the girls earlier, before she even got home, given the changed time line.

I think there are some really sick people in this world. I do remember Internet groups who sought to prove Scott Peterson innocent. They didn’t seem to bash Laci, though, but Laci didn’t post hundreds of videos where she left herself vulnerable for negatively inclined people to rip apart. Here’s a sneak preview of Friday’s 20/20. Did anyone already post it? I just got home. After watching it I don’t understand how anyone could find a negative word to say about Shanann, but I don’t understand a lot of things in this world. Shanann Watts' Parents Break Their Silence on Triple Murder of Daughter and 'Miracle' Grandkids
Scott Peterson also didn't accuse the wife he murdered of killing children.

Yes, I can or how a woman can kill her husband.

Burning Bed for women is one example.

For a man, a woman like some cases we have seen on here.
But in this case the killer was not physically or severely abused over a long period of time. It can't really be compared to a self defense type situation. Imo

Wow, I'm 22 Pages behind all you guys. I'll try to catch up.

With all the releases we have had with phone interviews, I have never heard of one with her parents.

To talk about when her mom called the school, when they talked to other people, etc etc.

Perhaps in the next 22 pages I will read that. Catch up with you guys later tonight hopefully.

I have a general question that maybe some of our legal folks can shed light on. So CO has a policy that all of these documents and videos we are now poring over are public record. I always assumed that meant, "You can come in and request a copy of x, y or z" - not that they'd be compiled and made available online so easily. Great for us but not great for the folks who gave interviews and such. I think I read in the 2000-some page report that someone contacted an officer after having giving an interview upset because she was contacted by the media and thought her input was confidential. I imagine NK might be thinking the same now - imagine how she feels having her text/sextmessages published online along with that one photo, and such. I'm thinking if this is the way of the future now, it might hopefully deter some criminals!!

This bothers me...I was astounded at the amount of info. being made available.

I know many will disagree w/me on this, but I do not believe this is a good thing. Doubt it will stop criminals (they rarely care about the outcome of their criminal activities), but it may dissuade potential witnesses from coming forward.

But what does it matter, if she indeed was diagnosed with OCD?
What's the point in telling other posters that their facts don't matter.

I like facts. I corrected misinformation and several told me 'what does it matter'. Maybe it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things but truth be told a big percentage of what's being said here, doesn't really matter.

Another thing I thought was freaky was when CW searched Google for Mount Colima and "preserved an image of the volcano spewing lava and smoke" He did that on 8/12 at 10:45 a.m., right after sending SW photos of the girls. (Discovery pg. 2116).

Things were about to erupt. Was the search a coincidence? Or was he expressing what was about to happen?
I bet he sent that to NK...I've had bfs send me that before...it's sekshual

What's the point in telling other posters that their facts don't matter.

I like facts. I corrected misinformation and several told me 'what does it matter'. Maybe it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things but truth be told a big percentage of what's being said here, doesn't really matter.
Maybe because it is not a fact that SW was OCD. It is speculation.

This bothers me...I was astounded at the amount of info. being made available.

I know many will disagree w/me on this, but I do not believe this is a good thing. Doubt it will stop criminals (they rarely care about the outcome of their criminal activities), but it may dissuade potential witnesses from coming forward.
Colorado has strong open records laws. The DA was obligated to release this material.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa