GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #66

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he had referred to the purse and keys as being on the counter. He specifically said her ring was there too? I don't remember seeing that, but it's been awhile since I read it. I thought he told everyone it was on the nightstand. Imo
But why was he telling anyone where her things were on Monday morning? She was supposed to be in bed asleep when he left and NUA had not discovered her missing at that stage.

Anyone else feels after following cases on Websleuth that you can spot a narcissist much quicker? I know I can spot them and there's frankly way too many!
Another poster said they can spot one a million miles away. I feel I learned to fine tune my skills. I wish I had this knowledge as a teen when I was attracting abusive Narcs one after the other in my life.

There are too many because narcissists are often the children of narcissists and the cycle continues. JMO

How ironic that NK states in her email to CW that they should "keep their friendship at work" because she believes in "karma".

btw...I tried to quote/post the link containing the emails... but cannot get it to post correctly,

Karma certainly has worked for these two: exposed to the world.
MOO.

Even the way she was sitting in the interview made me think she was flirting with the investigator. Totally different to when the lady victim advocate (or whatever she does) sat with her.

Arms back, chest poked out. I'll say.

I thought NK and CW's emails were interesting. She admits she's been looking at the life he and his wife had built and says it's what she wants for her own but it's just so hard and she can't find a guy to cooperate.

Interesting indeed. She wanted something like what he and Shanann had. But, but, but...wasn't he separated/getting a divorce? Why would she want that?! :rolleyes:

Excerpt from June 12, 2018 email:

NK to CW: "I am looking for someone to build a beautiful life with (seems so simple but is so unrealistic sometimes). Build something similar to what you have done with your wife and those cute little girls."

2018-273 - S17 - Attachments - redacted - Google Drive

YEP! I immediately replied after the last quote so forgive me if its addressed.

THIS explains the google search in 17. Imo

She said the second time she was at their house is when she saw the pictures. But how would she know what he had eta: In June 2018! Ha!
.I was screaming when I saw this LIAR!

Last edited:
This case has affected me like no other one has. I have even told my husband that sometimes, his mannerisms remind me of Chris Watts The Family Annihilator. Shanann was completely blindsided and had no idea he was planning to kill her. On Facebook, she wrote that she was EXCITED to come home to Chris and the girls and had no idea he was all prepared to kill them.

It is very scary to me that he could be so loving to her, apparently, and then become The Family Annihilator. He is being held in the same prison that Ed Gein was and where Steve Avery of Making a Murderer is, according to the news.

This case is probably going to haunt me for life. I cannot look at any man, husband, or father the same. Every single person reported that Chris was loving, kind, gentle, great father, good husband, "not like THAT","OH that's NOT like Chris", and he became an evil monster that could kill his pregnant wife and two little children.
  • How? How does that happen? Why?
  • I have trouble understanding that he annihilated his entire family simply for NK... I believe that sinister, serious, deep evil overcame him.
How could you deceive Shanann, an innocent person thinking that you're going to love her and stay with her to work on the marriage? How could you lure her and lie to her just to kill her? How can you kill two innocent babies, ones that call you their "hero"?

I am trying to find closure and I don't think I will be able to, despite my hours and days of research...

I relate to Shanann. I'm also OCD, have chronic pain, a planner of all things, and have a dominant, "take charge" personality.

Last edited:
No. I think he called it the nightstand to NUA
Yes, but it was suggested that he told a coworker that it was on the counter, which is where the purse was. I was wondering if he told two different stories. There are many examples of that but I had not heard the one about the ring.

I thought he had referred to the purse and keys as being on the counter. He specifically said her ring was there too? I don't remember seeing that, but it's been awhile since I read it. I thought he told everyone it was on the nightstand. Imo
That is not in McCoy's statement. He says he thought it was odd that SW had left her phone and car keys there. No mention of a ring.

Pretty amazing really to think he was probably awake all night the night of the murders, 12/13th, unless he set his alarm to wake up at 4 (wouldn't surprise me :rolleyes: ), then awake all night of the 13th going into the 14th - he was on the phone with NK after 2am and Sandi called him at about 4am and he had to get his cleaning done and the sheets washed before the Thayers came back at 9am, then he did media interviews and the dogs searched and he went to the police station evening of the 14th / 15th until 0030. Then he's picking up his dad from the airport at 9am on 15th and straight to his polygraph and 'confession'.
Interesting when you put it all together like that. And the fact that NK rang the CBI agent after her initial interviews to point out how weird she found it that CW never seemed to need sleep. He kept her up late at night to the point she had to take naps after work to keep up with him but she said he could never seem to switch off. Sounds like he bugged her no end on their camping trip because he wouldn't go to sleep and she was exhausted. He was like some kind of strange robot.

But why was he telling anyone where her things were on Monday morning? She was supposed to be in bed asleep when he left and NUA had not discovered her missing at that stage.
I have no idea. I don't remember reading it at all. Maybe he told the coworker in a phone call later that day or the next day. I'm not sure what the OP was referring to. Maybe he just told them it was on the nightstand and it's being confused with her purse which was on the kitchen counter. Imo

That is not in McCoy's statement. He says he thought it was odd that SW had left her phone and car keys there. No mention of a ring.
Oh, ok, I guess that's why I didn't remember him saying that.

I think the day before he thought it was about to be over for him right then and there. Then when LE left and told him to let them know if he hears anything (per one of the videos of them all inside the house), he thought maybe he'd gotten away with it after all, and he just had to go put on the right face for the cameras and make it believable. Dummy.

Imo NK may have helped him with this idea.
I have been on break from this thread a little and can't catch up.
So I'm not sure what has been stated.

But here goes. . She searched AF (it would have been more wise for me to look for when this happened for my theory, but here goes again) she may have mentioned how bad SP was looking not doing media.. but must have NOT mentioned to NAIL it or else they (the public) will RIP u to shreds. Jmo

Interesting when you put it all together like that. And the fact that NK rang the CBI agent after her initial interviews to point out how weird she found it that CW never seemed to need sleep. He kept her up late at night to the point she had to take naps after work to keep up with him but she said he could never seem to switch off. Sounds like he bugged her no end on their camping trip because he wouldn't go to sleep and she was exhausted. He was like some kind of strange robot.
Yes, I think that whole time he was on an adrenaline high from being so crazy in love and anticipating his future.
It came to a crashing halt after the murder. According to the daily logs in jail, he slept all the time. When he was awake all he did was stare at the walls and the floor or read a book. Imo

Why would it be odd that her purse and car keys were on the counter?

Another thought I have:
I personally do not believe that NK was involved in the murder.

However, I wonder...
  • Was NK whining & making him feel inadquate for her because of his two kids, along with SW?
  • Perhaps NK was jealous of the time he spent with his children???
  • Maybe she told him she wanted someone that would "start from scratch" with her?
  • Experience "firsts" with her???
  • Would she have told him that he was too poor for her and would be too broke for her, after divorcing SW?
He was VERY paranoid, asking NK if it was "over" (or a deal-breaker) that SW was pregnant...
  • Would NK have led Chris to believe he had too much "baggage" for her?

Would he have been so desperate to be her dream man that he would kill his entire family to be the bachelor she wanted?!

NK said she was trying to get Chris off her back and to stay with SW but he wouldn't leave her alone. I bet NK told Chris that he had too much baggage, (maybe whined about the time he spent parenting his kids?), and it hurt his ego because he was obsessed with her? Would that have led him to KILL?????? I don't know.

Maybe Chris bad-mouthed Shanann to NK and told her that Shanann was "bossy" and NK smack talked her back? Maybe he felt he had support of his crazy mother and NK to feel anger towards SW???

Last edited:
Another thought I have:
I personally do not believe that NK was involved in the murder. However, I wonder if she was talking bad about him having two kids, along with SW... Perhaps she was jealous of the time he spent with his children??? Maybe she told him she wanted someone that would "start from scratch" with her? Experience "firsts" with her??? Would she have told him that he was too poor for her and would be too broke for her, after divorcing SW?

I wonder if she led Chris to believe he had too much "baggage" for her. Would he have been so desperate to be her dream man that he would kill his entire family to be the bachelor she wanted?!
Apparently he did just that. The DA believes that was part of the motive. The evidence certainly supports that scenario. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jp.52203