AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Killer's "mistake" being that the 911 call

I think it is entirely possible he/they DID account for the fact that practically everyone has a cell phone nowadays and someone calling 911 was, in fact, a real possibility and that is why he/they knew they had to get in/out so fast and beat the clock in case of a 911 call.

I think I figured out how to quote girlhasnoname, but it’s trying to insert everything I’ve tried (and failed) to quote before. So, I’ll figure out how to clear that later. Maybe.
Anyway, yeah there’s things about every motive that sound good, but there’s things about all of them that don’t make sense also. I’ve run it through my head so many times now I’m not sure what I think anymore. I guess a targeted/planned attack by someone they knew leaves the fewest question marks for me at this point. Making it the most probable in my mind. Been trying to talk my wife and daughter into timed re-enactments. They think I’m stupid.

I think I figured out how to quote girlhasnoname, but it’s trying to insert everything I’ve tried (and failed) to quote before. So, I’ll figure out how to clear that later. Maybe.
Anyway, yeah there’s things about every motive that sound good, but there’s things about all of them that don’t make sense also. I’ve run it through my head so many times now I’m not sure what I think anymore. I guess a targeted/planned attack by someone they knew leaves the fewest question marks for me at this point. Making it the most probable in my mind. Been trying to talk my wife and daughter into timed re-enactments. They think I’m stupid.
“Been trying to talk my wife and daughter into timed re-enactments. They think I’m stupid.”
LOL :)

That would be a great idea~!!!

Think it started iOS 8 (not sure). With quick dial 911....

Nice thing is when u were done.. if u allowed call to go through.... it text your important people list emergency 911 call.. so it would text parents / neighbors/ best friends ...911 just called from that phone..

Woulda been huge help if Denise text sent to neighbors.. immediately..

I think it should be by default setting .. text your emergency list maybe text them livestream stores to cloud.. or atleast text then follow up text with video...sound so u would be aware.. this girl is in trouble. Saw perp .. or saw her in closet..

Think of girls in Indiana .. that picture is split front rear video with sound sent to cloud... that would help a ton..

Nearly all phones have front rear high res cams..plus decent mics...

Essentially all 911 calls would start with 5 minutes of camera footage going forward..from 2 angles. The perp and the victim..

Would love it in this case.. or the Indiana case... would save some police work

RE: Killer's "mistake" being that the 911 call

I think it is entirely possible he/they DID account for the fact that practically everyone has a cell phone nowadays and someone calling 911 was, in fact, a real possibility and that is why he/they knew they had to get in/out so fast and beat the clock in case of a 911 call.
I wonder how helpful an Alexa or similar device would of helped LE?

LE says they found the dog outside on the deck waiting at the door to come in when they arrived on the scene . Any theories?
Could someone in the Closs family have been outside before the crime occurred? Could someone have been talking to the perpetrator outside before the crime ? Somehow this discussion or meeting led to anger . Perpetrator gets gun in car and in a rage commits this horrible crime ? Someone put the dog outside .. ? Anyone think about this ?

Never heard this before.. likely with front door gone walks out front door.. might be used to jayme opening side door and dog just waiting for her... one more reason to hate the perps...

Deerrun, we are on the exact same page. The only question marks I have are:
How do you get every member of a household to the front room quickly. Which is why I bought up the fire scenario earlier. But, if that was the plan, why not actually light the house on fire? A gallon of gas isn’t that hard to pack in and wouldn’t make the house an inferno immediately. Plus, if Barron is small enough to have a volunteer fire department, it effectively doubles response time to a fire. That way, instead of having a few minutes head start (the police knew right away it was double homicide/missing child), you could get a day or more (depending on the fire), before they figure out someone is missing. It’s a better plan.

The other is, why did he not account for waking the neighbors up with gunfire? He covered everything pretty well, based on what we know. Why not that? Seriously, how is that not considered if it was planned out...? How lucky is it that they woke up, and didn’t call 911?
Hmmmm an actual fire I think would create more room for something to go wrong (error), I think keeping it as simple as possible would be best imo. What if he/she just banged on the door yelling help, that might get people up without them necessarily being afraid for themselves. I think it would catch them off guard between that and assuming they just woke from a deep sleep would do it. I think it was just a minute or two from that point to have shot them both and be gone with Jayme. I can see Denise and Jayme running and meeting in the hall by the bathroom (which is perpendicular to the front door) to see what was going on with James by the door. I agree with the shots fired that he'd have to know someone would hear them. Maybe based on his own experience he knew people did not pay much attention to shots fired in a rural area. Maybe that's why he fired only twice (less suspect than shooting 10 times) and knew he had to get the job done with that. I live in a somewhat rural area and I do hear gunshots from time to time, I pay attention to it for a minute than write it off as nothing but maybe target practice, animal etc. I still believe shotgun (maybe sawed off) would be the choice because it is the weapon that would likely get the job done with only 2 shots. I don't pay to much attention to the call log because i believe emotion was involved when first arrived on the scene and possibly seeing multiple holes in front door (which a shotgun could cause with one shot and could have been confusing) but I am concerned for my theory because of the wording the sheriff used "casings" LE will sometimes put wrong info out there purposely for their own reasons so...... I sure wish there was more info they can give the public, I sometimes think they have a POI but no evidence to move forward. I believe this person acted alone as well and is probably a loner in general "hiding in plain sight"

Think it started iOS 8 (not sure). With quick dial 911....

Nice thing is when u were done.. if u allowed call to go through.... it text your important people list emergency 911 call.. so it would text parents / neighbors/ best friends ...911 just called from that phone..

Woulda been huge help if Denise text sent to neighbors.. immediately..

I think it should be by default setting .. text your emergency list maybe text them livestream stores to cloud.. or atleast text then follow up text with video...sound so u would be aware.. this girl is in trouble. Saw perp .. or saw her in closet..

Think of girls in Indiana .. that picture is split front rear video with sound sent to cloud... that would help a ton..

Nearly all phones have front rear high res cams..plus decent mics...

Essentially all 911 calls would start with 5 minutes of camera footage going forward..from 2 angles. The perp and the victim..

Would love it in this case.. or the Indiana case... would save some police work

Just wish I could click on "Like" multiple times for your posts, Rubiconbob: ideas, info, insights.

Brilliant.

What a great idea. I would do a re-enactment with you!

That's so crazy. I have tried to get my husband and my daughter to do the same and my husband thought I was just teasing him about actually trying to reenact the timing and my daughter let's wait until after Christmas beacause I should be concentrating on my large family gathering that we are hosting. My OCD tendencies have really been in overdrive peaking at this forum daily.

This horrible situation must be agony for all of the people that care about the Closs family and those close to them that are hurting. I feel terribly for all of them and hope that Jayme will be found soon and brought home.

Like where your heads at... a ton if it was on..a lot of cable co ... give them away now .. the pucks or pods... atleast I think dish does..James football fan he gotta have cable ..
Don't know if they had cable. I did look up internet service for their neighborhood. 25 Mbps IIRC. Big antenna on roof but that could be left from the past.

Attachments

• barron.jpg
    barron.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 36
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors