CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
My hunch and my opinion is a stray ping went to one of the new towers in Idaho.

He could have sent those texts from his home, using the wifi feature of the iPhone. That feature limits detection of location to only the internet providers IP address. If the other iPhone features are turned off.

It is the media that is suggesting the phone had to be in idaho
The media oftentimes reports inaccurately. Following a case such as this one confirms that! If you view the timeline provided by Woodland Park LE (I believe it’s available at the beginning of each thread), you’ll see a ping from KB’s phone was located in Gooding, Idaho. Its noted on Woodland Parks informational update. I’d like to see more reporting (media doing their research) of the possibility of her phone/anyone’s phone, pinging in an area hundreds of miles away from the actual phone and the possibility of this.

What is the absolutely fastest, simplest, , with lowest chance of detection, for PF to dispose of a body?

What has been suggested?

Assume, for scope, he needed to do it in less than 2 hours.

Just so we use the same info, let's say their homes are 20 minutes apart.

1. If she was killed, it was likely in the heat of passion. I don’t think there was a premeditated murder. If they recently broke up, then I would feel even stronger about this than I already do.

2. I think that if a murder occurred, it involved a lone individual.

3. No. If he did kill her, he’s being protected, not the other way around.

But he might be protecting his whole family.

If he is a criminal, it will not help the careers of his relatives who are in LE.

Also, I know that LE officers, if sentenced, have to be protected from the general population; I wonder if their relatives are at a higher risk if jailed?

The media oftentimes reports inaccurately. Following a case such as this one confirms that! If you view the timeline provided by Woodland Park LE (I believe it’s available at the beginning of each thread), you’ll see a ping from KB’s phone was located in Gooding, Idaho. Its noted on Woodland Parks informational update. I’d like to see more reporting (media doing their research) of the possibility of her phone/anyone’s phone, pinging in an area hundreds of miles away from the actual phone and the possibility of this.

This article includes an expert’s opinion as to what can be learned from that ping.

Cell phone data is key to cracking Berreth case, expert says

I didn't get the sense at all that by trigger, she was placing any blame on KB! Her question was regarding whether something that was purchased could have anything to do with what happened after. It's so confusing to me that we are a group that is sleuthing and trying to come up with possible scenarios, yet when someone brings up something interesting, everybody jumps all over them. I understood what she was asking by this. I've watched it on other threads and it seems like if you think something others don't think, you are suddenly in your own camp and nothing you say has merit. I for one appreciate people who think about details such as this because that's what they call critical thinking. IMO critical thinking is what solves cases. Are we all on here just to gossip and agree or are we truly trying to figure out what happened? Things may be out of the realm of our thinking but the way criminals think is generally out of the realm of our thinking. When people take a stance and gang up on other people who are speculating just as everyone else is, it sure doesn't make this a very productive or friendly place to be. And that's my opinion! I've seen so many rude comments from the same posters over and over and I can understand why we seem to have the same people on every case. It took me a long time to post for fear of being jumped on.
Thank you for sharing your opinion! I agree with what you have stated. I’ve been thinking the thread must be moving too fast.

Maybe they are doing a more thorough search at her house today than they did before, like conducting more scientific examinations, using Luminol, and hopefully bringing cadaver dogs in if it hasn't already been done.

First and foremost, I want to make sure that everyone understands that I have taken a totally neutral position with this case. I have accepted the fact that I know close to nothing about anything that would allow me to get on one side of this fence or another. I spend my time trying to come up with as many possible scenarios that could've played out based on the info I feel to be provable fact, using my thoughts, beliefs and knowledge of basic human behavior. The desired end result, for me is not to determine if someone committed a crime and who that person right now. If I put any focus into trying to figure those things out, my thought process is altered dramatically. Basically, I just can't come up with as many and neutral scenarios.

Again, this is not what I believe took place. This is simply an idea that came to me after looking through information, that is all. What if PF did end up back at KBs home, probably to pick up the child. I am going to assume that he is able enter the home freely, with his own key or with one that is kept in a hiding place. He enters the home and finds KB unresponsive. There are a couple of possibilities that lead to him finding her in this state. A) Someone else had been there before he arrived and committed a crime against KB(I am trying really hard to avoid certain terms here. I apologize if it reads weird because of that.) It could've been someone she knew, a friend, someone who was more than a friend or maybe a complete stranger. At some point KB and this person got into an argument, fight, whatever and something was done to put her in the state that PF found her in. If I am going with a complete stranger that did this, it was a home invasion or something of that nature gone wrong. Or, B) she experienced some sort of reaction to medication, she drank too much and tripped down the stairs, she could have overdosed on something. There is always a chance that she really did have issues with substance abuse, she was having a difficult time with something and she went too far with whatever she was using that day. She passed out, stopped breathing and that was that. I am not sure which one I would lean more towards at this point. It doesn't really matter, one or the other was the cause of how PF found her when he walked into the home. Due to such recent cases like CW and the many, many others that seem to be taking place all over right now, PF goes into a complete panic for a number of reasons. He just found the woman he loves in an unresponsive state. He likely would've experienced intense fear when he realized he was going to be the primary suspect. He then realized his child would not have both parents if he was blamed for this happening. The baby would've been somewhere in the home, probably crying unless she was napping. That would add to the panic. Trying to figure out how to handle the situation, the pain that one would feel when realizing something awful just happened to the woman you love, the fear of being blamed for it, a crying baby somewhere, the extreme emotions in a moment like this would make it very hard for some people to think logically. If it was the overdose or substance related he might've given thought to making sure nobody found out how this happened. Maybe he did not want that to be last thing anyone thought about her. All of those emotions and that thinking could cause some people to be extremely irrational and impulsive. These two things, in an such a traumatic situation, could lead to someone taking steps to cover it up, to make it seem as though the other person just disappeared. Once it was all said and done this person realized what he had just done but, there was no way to go back on it. If he was to come clean about covering up the crime he walked into, nobody would believe a word of it. His situation would end up being worse than it would've been if he had told the truth from the beginning. So, it was too late for that. The following days consisted of the various things we know about through the press releases. He would've obtained the attorney, possibly being honest with that person, which led to him being told not to talk to any media or LE. It is possible they have been trying to come with a plan that would allow him to the tell the truth and also show he did nothing wrong. I could go on and on about how something like this would explain this, that and the other thing but, I hope everyone gets the ideas here.

When I give it even more thought, I believe something like this is very possible. I have read about people reacting in very irrational ways when overcome with intense fear and other emotions. I am interested in reading what you all think about this. Just me thinking out loud, that's all. I have no idea what happened in this case. It is baffling to me.
<mod fix broken quote>

I'm still neutral here but the reason is NOTHING is making a whit of sense to me! If PF is under the LE microscope, then why are they also saying the baby isn't considered in any danger? They just don't leave a baby with a parent who is under a microscope!
We have very little new info except the trip to WM and returns to the ranch and KB's home suggesting LE is either trying to connect the 2 places or clear them. PF has a criminal lawyer but I'm going to say that's because of the search warrant. Other than that, nothingness.
I still say LE is handling this thing with kid gloves. Something is going on with this case that is delicate which tells me to continue to sit in Switzerland and wait until they are ready to give whatever it is, up.

Last edited by a moderator:
But he might be protecting his whole family.

If he is a criminal, it will not help the careers of his relatives who are in LE.

Also, I know that LE officers, if sentenced, have to be protected from the general population; I wonder if their relatives are at a higher risk if jailed?
We have no information that any of his family members conspired to help him here.

That’s if he did this.

If they’ve done nothing wrong, then their careers are not in jeopardy.

What is the absolutely fastest, simplest, , with lowest chance of detection, for PF to dispose of a body?

What has been suggested?

Assume, for scope, he needed to do it in less than 2 hours.

Just so we use the same info, let's say their homes are 20 minutes apart.
In CO? Down an abandoned mine shaft. Easy, done, very low chance of discovery.

That’s simply not true.

You can go over a house throughly with an initial CSI analysis, and still return at a later date when you have reason to do so.

I’ve seen this type of thing a lot.

It doesn’t mean that the house wasn’t investigated throughly the first time, just that there were potentially things learned during the course of the investigation, that necessitates a closer inspection.

Sometimes they’ll also send in an entirely new team to look at the scene with a fresh set of eyes.

Agree. Investigators can also go over a house thoroughly then come back with sniffer dogs; take additional evidence or possessions that could facilitate a sniffer dog search elsewhere. There are a lot of reasons to return after a search.

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
It’s hard to tell. We haven’t been given word of that. However, when we went to her home yesterday, there was red tape on her door dated 12/15/18. It was taped on both the door & its frame, presumably so investigators would know if someone entered her home. #KelseyBerreth

(In response to a non-MSM tweet inquiring about whether KB's home was ruled out as a crime scene.)

They didn't "finally" get around to it. It was a routine follow-up.
MOO
If they wanted to know if someone entered her home maybe they did have a camera installed. Putting tape on the door and the frame wouldn't allow them to see who tried to enter.
Thanks for clarifying the search of the home. The way I read it when I first saw posts about it was that it was the first time they even looked at it. (besides when they first checked and saw the cinnamon buns)

In CO? Down an abandoned mine shaft. Easy, done, very low chance of discovery.

We have a lot of those around here where I live. A local man disappeared many years ago and rumors have circulated over the years that a "friend" of his killed him over drugs, money, or both and disposed of him in an abandoned mine shaft. They never have been able to locate him or his remains.

Yup. That’s the gist of what I believe happened.

He would have left his phone at home, and used her phone in Idaho to buy time and make it appear that she left on her own.

It would have also put distance between her and him.

He purposely didn’t text her mom, as that would have not only thrown a wrench in his plan, it would be akin to throwing a stick of dynamite.

Unless he had someone using his phone for him, this 24 hour dark period would be quite telling.

If he did this, he made mistakes.

BMM. But it depends on how often his phone is used. 90% of my calls go to VM. I do use texts, but he is a farmer who spends a lot of time outdoors, so, maybe less active social life altogether?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LornaJay