CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #16 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no link but I've read that KB told her mother that morning
that she and PB 'might' be going out to get a Xmas tree that day.

Mother of missing Woodland Park woman hopes for her safe return from December 12th

...Speaking with NBC News.... 8:21 video below also

Pommymommy posted in media thread this

"Cheryl lives in Idaho and said the two of them talked on the phone twice on Thanksgiving. The call got interrupted because Kelsey had to take care of her 14-month-old daughter. Cheryl said nothing sounded out of the ordinary in those conversations.

“She’s been happy,” Cheryl said. “She’s been wanting to decorate for Christmas and was excited about that, but she thought she thought maybe her fiancee and Kaylee were planning to get the Christmas tree themselves. And so, she’s been holding off on buying something.”

Patrick Frazee was not present for a news conference held by the Woodland Park Police Department Monday regarding Kelsey’s disappearance.

“I still know someone knows where she is, someone has seen her there’s more information out there. Somebody just needs to realize, to recognize, to say something.”

There will be a community prayer vigil for Kelsey in Woodland Park on Thursday. It will be held at the flagpole in Memorial Park starting at 6:00 p.m."

Last edited:
I find that to be a terrible thing to say.

Do you know her?

I have a friend that was an emergency room trauma nurse for years, now in her 60's and had to take early retirement at 62 because her body is blown out, actually she walks like her.
I know you said it is your IMO but without knowing someone's physical limitations or problems I find that a nasty and very possible incorrect comment to make.

So after reading your comment I can admit that my views of his mom are biased bc I’m uncertain how she could have been in the dark as to KB’s whereabouts.

I have fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis. I had my first surgeries on my knees when I was just 28- prior to that I had reached the point where I wasn’t walking much better than SF. I’m 43 now and when I’m flaring, I’m back to having difficulty walking.

My point is that I would never judge someone who suffers with chronic pain bc I understand all too well. I’m going to work on reserving judgment of “mom” for now.

I would disagree, as he needed to plant the seeds of animosity so they could sprout and grow towards KB. The story about the "break-up" and "trip to granny's" would look more believable to his supporters that way. Also, he was charged with solicitation to commit murder. Murder was on his mind. Remember as well, abusers like to project their behaviour onto their victims. I've seen it many times in my life.
Doesn’t sound right to me. Talking down about someone right before she disappears is only going to make him look more suspicious. But, if he waited until she “took off” and THEN said some negative things, it makes him look less assholish.

So after reading your comment I can admit that my views of his mom are biased bc I’m uncertain how she could have been in the dark as to KB’s whereabouts.

I have fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis. I had my first surgeries on my knees when I was just 28- prior to that I had reached the point where I wasn’t walking much better than SF. I’m 43 now and when I’m flaring, I’m back to having difficulty walking.

My point is that I would never judge someone who suffers with chronic pain bc I understand all too well. I’m going to work on reserving judgment of “mom” for now.

I'm so sorry that you have to deal with pain much of the time. I've known people with fibromyalgia, and they had to work in an environment with special lights, because regular neon lights bothered them. I'm sure osteoarthritis is no fun, either.

Hoping and praying your health issues will ease in the coming year(s).

I'm so sorry that you have to deal with pain much of the time. I've known people with fibromyalgia, and they had to work in an environment with special lights, because regular neon lights bothered them. I'm sure osteoarthritis is no fun, either.

Hoping and praying your health issues will ease in the coming year(s).

Thank you so much <3

Mother of missing Woodland Park woman hopes for her safe return from December 12th

...Speaking with NBC News.... 8:21 video below also

Pommymommy posted in media thread this

"Cheryl lives in Idaho and said the two of them talked on the phone twice on Thanksgiving. The call got interrupted because Kelsey had to take care of her 14-month-old daughter. Cheryl said nothing sounded out of the ordinary in those conversations.

“She’s been happy,” Cheryl said. “She’s been wanting to decorate for Christmas and was excited about that, but she thought she thought maybe her fiancee and Kaylee were planning to get the Christmas tree themselves. And so, she’s been holding off on buying something.”

Patrick Frazee was not present for a news conference held by the Woodland Park Police Department Monday regarding Kelsey’s disappearance.

“I still know someone knows where she is, someone has seen her there’s more information out there. Somebody just needs to realize, to recognize, to say something.”

There will be a community prayer vigil for Kelsey in Woodland Park on Thursday. It will be held at the flagpole in Memorial Park starting at 6:00 p.m."

@heartgoesout .... I stand corrected... thanks to @dixiegirl1035 and @PommyMommy for having the research at the ready...
So based on the above, CB mentioned that KB talked to her about getting a Christmas tree, but the ‘maybe’ part was not that maybe the three of them would go out to get a tree on Thanksgiving Day, but that KB had held off on getting a tree since maybe PF and their daughter were going to get one on their own.

Last edited:
@heartgoesout .... I stand corrected... thanks to @dixiegirl1035 and @PommyMommy for having the research at the ready...
So based on the above, CB mentioned that KB talked to her about getting a Christmas tree, but the ‘maybe’ part was not that maybe the three of them would go out to get a tree on Thanksgiving Day, but that that KB had held off on getting a tree since maybe PF and their daughter were going to get one on their own.
Ive never been Christmas tree shopping. Is it something that people tend to do as a family? Is it inconvenient for a single parent to take along a small child? Is it a "fun activity" that someone, who was excited for the holiday, would want to take part in?

agree about custody. In the moment, in the relationship, the issue of custody looms much larger than it actually is in reality. but for antisocial types, it becomes a pissing contest. He HAD to win, not bc he wants the child, but to show her up and to punish her. If he felt she had slighted him (for ANY reason), even if she hadn't, he would be compelled to retaliate in the worst way. and he did. Most likely, he made it very clear to her right before he killed her that he was going to kill her and keep the baby, and keep the baby from CB too. He would have mentally tortured KB before her death.

This was a case of "if I can't have you, you can't have the baby, and nor can your family". It would be a sense of entitlement and ownership about possession of the baby. He believes he has the right to that child bc it's "his".

The more I think about this, the more convinced I am that Kelsey’s murder was committed for custody of their child.

Solicitation proves premeditation, which rules out a rage killing.

It doesn’t appear that <modsnipped>Pat would have profited from her death (so no direct financial motive).

Generally in “If I can’t have you, then no one will” killings, the perpetrator doesn’t solicit a murder, rather, he does it himself.

I do think he did end up doing it himself, but the solicitation negates this for me regardless.

With Kelsey out of the picture, no worries about shared custody or child support.

This is the only motive that makes sense to me, at this point.

they always are. even when "happily married". always looking for more supply.

I wonder about that too. Not at all implying his mother had anything to do with the actual crime, but as time was rolling on and nothing was moving forward, PF may have expressed his discontent with the relationship, bad mouthing KB to his mother and family (most likely due to his own feeling of inadequacy), in that she was pressuring him, questioning him regarding his intentions with getting married and such. Of course, his mother would bring up, "what will happen if you leave her? She may go back to WA. We'll never see the baby" I'm sure as others here have pointed out, Kelsey was having serious doubts herself even if she still considered herself "engaged" to be married. In my gut, I still have this gnawing feeling that PF had already moved on to someone else, even if he hadn't actually met face to face with someone. I suspect he was already trolling on a dating site. JMT

Ive never been Christmas tree shopping. Is it something that people tend to do as a family? Is it inconvenient for a single parent to take along a small child? Is it a "fun activity" that someone, who was excited for the holiday, would want to take part in?

It is a fun family activity.
K seems young for it, but it can be looked at as a tradition that is started early. Would make great photo op. as well.

I'm single in my fifties and I still go with my parents and my brother and his family every year. We all get our trees and my bro and nephews load up the truck and then deliver and set them up.

We don’t know for sure, but I suspect that she spent a lot of time watching her granddaughter.

I imagine that <modsnipped> Pat’s plan, was to kill Kelsey, and ensure that he and mommy would be able to spend all the quality time they wanted, with baby K.

Ironically, instead of years spent together, it was a matter of weeks.

Not exactly what he was going for.
Why is 'Cowboy' Pat getting modsnipped out? What's wrong with that?

My dad always purchased our tree, but I see many families picking a tree out together. I would consider it fun. And, it's fun to "people-watch" when doing so!

Have we seen any confirmation of how attached his mom or PF
was to the baby? We can all project how we'd feel about losing
control of the baby but maybe it wasn't that way. Could it be
they took care of baby because it was expected but really felt
put out and considered having a little one around a PITA.
Round the clock care, dirty ,wet diapers and crying baby can
wear on a person's nerves if they aren't emotionally bonded.
I just question if we aren't projecting too much. Thoughts?
IDK Kaylee looks like an easy baby so far, not really walking yet, how hard are they at that age? Cute too. I'm not a parent though I have no idea.

this is interesting. seems she suspected even before she reported KB as missing.

And her reply to the second comment from the top under the post. It was posted the day before she reported Kelsey missing. She already had her suspicions, which leads me to believe Kelsey had been confiding in her quite a bit about what her life in CO was like. Purely MOO, but as a mom, I can relate. I wish I could give her a great big hug right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhairdontcare