Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
However, if DR was behind this crime, then Suzie's testimony might not have been his motive. He might have had a more personal motive.
Maybe DR wasn't involved directly, but maybe someone in his inner circle had been coveting Suzie. Wasn't DR's older brother hanging around the crime scene? That seems odd to me.

Maybe some people have a hard time believing that the western wear business is as lucrative as it's been portrayed? In other words, maybe people started suspecting it was a front, and that led to the rumors.

Again, the motive may have been more personal.

If the target was just Suzie I don’t get why anyone would pick that night. She was going to be everywhere and was not planning on going home. It would make far more sense IMO that they would pick a night she was working.

If the target was just Suzie I don’t get why anyone would pick that night. She was going to be everywhere and was not planning on going home. It would make far more sense IMO that they would pick a night she was working.
On the one hand, the girls' schedule makes it seem more likely that Sherrill was the target. On the other hand, the perp(s) may not have known about Suzie's plans to spend the night elsewhere. They might have just parked nearby and waited for her to show up.

On the one hand, the girls' schedule makes it seem more likely that Sherrill was the target. On the other hand, the perp(s) may not have known about Suzie's plans to spend the night elsewhere. They might have just parked nearby and waited for her to show up.

Most likely would still know it was graduation night. If she was the target I would think they would know she graduated that day. Also if personal for just Suzie why wait at her home with her mom there and still go through with it when she finally shows up with a friend?

Most likely would still know it was graduation night. If she was the target I would think they would know she graduated that day. Also if personal for just Suzie why wait at her home with her mom there and still go through with it when she finally shows up with a friend?
Those are valid questions. However, I wouldn't make too much of it being graduation night; I don't think some lowlife perp (or perps) would have stopped to consider that Suzie might not come home at her usual time. (I'm around the same age as the girls, and I didn't go to any parties on graduation night. Most people I knew spent that evening with visiting relatives; it wasn't really a party night per se.)

Those are valid questions. However, I wouldn't make too much of it being graduation night; I don't think some lowlife perp (or perps) would have stopped to consider that Suzie might not come home at her usual time. (I'm around the same age as the girls, and I didn't go to any parties on graduation night. Most people I knew spent that evening with visiting relatives; it wasn't really a party night per se.)

I’m only a few years older and for my school it very much was a party night. Did the family thing and then were off with friends.

I was. My sister was. My two older kids were and my youngest one will be too.
You are good. I was a complete PollyAnna in high school, and I still stayed out late. My point was that it would not have been expected by someone who was perhaps planning to pay Sherrill an unwelcome visit.

I had a hard time making it to the bank in 2010 before it closed.

If you are getting good tips and don't want the IRS to trace them, you don't deposit the money in the bank. You pay the bill in cash or...you get a money order. This is not complicated. You can't have more money going into an account than you have declared as income.

There is nothing "big ticket" about buying a decent, smallish home with a mortgage that allows for needed home repairs. She had just moved into a new home. I've always bought new things when I move. And when I moved into this house, I had the interior painted, the floors refinished and a new sofa. This was a woman rehabbing furniture. That's not living high.That's frugal and smart. I've done it myself. It's a sign off being willing to work for things. A bed and a car are not luxuries. The waterbed may have been a bit of an indulgence but for a kid graduating from high school, it's a good gift to take her into adulthood. My parents gave me a TV. They weren't rich either but for working class people, graduating from high school is a big event. The bottom line is Sherrill got credit for the stuff she bought or she paid in cash. So her credit must have been good. She didn't disappear with half a million under her mattress. Her daughter had a job. She had a career, steady clients.

Last edited:
Their plans were not to be home.

The logic mostly goes that because the girls didn't plan to be home, Sherrill had to be the target. Or else the killer, knowing the Streeters, planned to get both Sherrill and Suzie but didn't think of the graduation night and just got lucky when Suzie came home. That makes Stacy in the wrong place at the wrong time.

But in terms of logic, it could just as likely be that the girls or one of them was the target, that the killer(s) knew they left Janelle's and either followed the kids or was driving around and saw the cars. What evidence we have indicates that the girls came to the house and got ready for bed. Nothing in the house suggests that Sherrill was under attack for hours before the girls got there. In fact, we know she was alone late in the evening because of the phone conversation with her friend.

I'm not arguing for either interpretation. But it's worth thinking that the kids were supposed to be staying with a group in a hotel. So if something was planned, maybe the site of that plan had to change because the girls' plans changed.

The logic mostly goes that because the girls didn't plan to be home, Sherrill had to be the target. Or else the killer, knowing the Streeters, planned to get both Sherrill and Suzie but didn't think of the graduation night and just got lucky when Suzie came home. That makes Stacy in the wrong place at the wrong time.

But in terms of logic, it could just as likely be that the girls or one of them was the target, that the killer(s) knew they left Janelle's and either followed the kids or was driving around and saw the cars. What evidence we have indicates that the girls came to the house and got ready for bed. Nothing in the house suggests that Sherrill was under attack for hours before the girls got there. In fact, we know she was alone late in the evening because of the phone conversation with her friend.

I'm not arguing for either interpretation. But it's worth thinking that the kids were supposed to be staying with a group in a hotel. So if something was planned, maybe the site of that plan had to change because the girls' plans changed.

If that is the case though, how would these so called people know? It seems the girls themselves did not know until last minute.

If that is the case though, how would these so called people know? It seems the girls themselves did not know until last minute.

Irish eyes of blue, do you know how familiar Santa Christ was with the Delmar neighborhood? I'm curious to know what his thoughts are on the van that the paper boy, and the woman on Grant St saw on the morning of the crime?

exactly
its really concerning a person labelled a suspect during a case WHO ISNT RELATED TO THE MURDERED PEOPLE AT ALL can be a "certified family member" that doesn't have to support any statement made here on ws. :confused::confused:
It just means I am connected to the Springfield Three case. Not family. It’s a generic title. Get over it.

The way I understand the Suzie and her testimony situation...her info was 2nd hand/hearsay. Her account matched Dusty's as to what happened that night because he told her, I 'assume' the incident didn't help their relationship out much.
Would she have even been called upon to testify? I doubt it.
I just can't see Suzie as a threat.

This needs repeating again so I shall say it again.

Somebody that Sherill or Suzie trusted that early am got them to open that front door. So you need to go back to them parties and see who was unaccounted for.

Logically it makes more sense it would be a friend of Suzie’s who knocked because it was graduation night.

A stranger did not get a single mum to open her door at 4am and let them in without a struggle..

its incorrect and its wrong
you don't own the thread and your NOT family.
you are a former suspect.
its a farce.

They gave us their generic verified label. Yes, he is a former suspect. He knows some truths that people lots of times here get wrong. I know some truths by knowing him, Dusty, and his friends that live there and were with him at the time for 23 years and because for the last 5 we have his case file for the vandalism case. You can stew, be angry, hate us, and not believe a word we say. That is ok and all on you, but won’t change the fact we are telling the truth. We are not here to make friends. We are here to help by getting some truth back and it is hard most of the time and many times rather not be here, but it is important because I do want this solved for the family and friends with all my heart.

Irish...don't take the bait that some people keep tossing out.
I am personally tired of reading about the GR angle.
Who's this Jamie person that keeps popping up? JW....how involved was she? Who did she date after Dusty? Who were her close friends? Did SPD look into her background?
Did Garrison live with her mom? Or 'just' date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member