CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #19 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
But if HE already had a new "squeeze" too, why would he care about her having a relationship? Then, we're back to custody as the prime motive for the murder. JMT

He would care because he would no longer have the upper hand. He couldn’t have his cake and eat it. Custody would be a major factor playing on his mind, but a change in the relationship dynamic could be the last straw. Even a perceived change, a mention of some nice guy she’d flown with, or a new friend she’d made that she wanted to have dinner with. JMO.

Pommy, the likelihood that K MAY have met a new man, IMO, is huge. Think of the men she had contact with thru her job.
I really wonder if she was done with P?

MOO MOO
I hope she did. Because the man she moved all the way to Colorado for is a . I would be pleased to learn that she experienced some happiness with someone who treated her well before PF murdered her.
MOO

Exactly. It is probably the closest market to her townhouse. Why drive all the way to Safeway if you just need milk or orange juice? Or you just want a snack or the newspaper or some toilet paper?

I used to go to my little corner market a lot too. Rarely did I buy liquor there, although I did occasionally.
That liquor store is literally right next door to that Safeway. Same parking lot. I often park in front of that liquor store bc its closer to Safeway

The article says it's right next to Safeway. Also they don't sell tp, oj, etc just liquor at a liquor store. They do sell water and pop, but no grocery items. MOO

Some of ours do. They sell lots of juices and stuff because they are used as mixers. Liquor Barn even has a deli inside.

Still, I wouldn't care if she was knocking back a fifth of Capt Morgan every night. Nothing wrong with responsible drinking.

There’s not a lot of study in it, for obvious reasons.

I remember one recent case where police attempted to unlock the phone of an armed robber, who was shot and killed.

They failed.

It requires an electrical component that is generally only present in living people.

It has happened, but it’s not the norm.

It’s very unlikely here.
Makes sense, it sometimes won't work when my fingers are too cold or dry.

I don't see anything wrong if she chooses to have a nice glass of wine after the baby's tucked in bed. It's perfectly fine in my mind and doesn't change any thoughts I might have toward her.
If KB stopped at the liquor store every day, it sounds likely that she was buying a newspaper that was sold there.

Or she could have gone in and bought her favorite wine every now and then. That's certainly no crime. By "regular" it could have been once a month or every other month, she probably stood out in her flight suit. Even if she stopped once a week for a bottle of wine, that doesn't make her a bad person. A gas station would or the actual Safeway would be cheaper for a snack and water. It doesn't sound like he's implying anything negative about her by saying she's a customer.

All IMO
I agree that there’s nothing wrong with her drinking alcoholic beverages if she chooses.

What I take issue with is us (incorrectly) connecting the dots of a liquor store owner saying KB goes in regularly as proof that she buys alcohol there.

Unless someone has more evidence, based on what we now know, it can’t be assumed she bought alcohol there.

I don’t live in CO but I just did a little research about their liquor laws, and the liquor stores are allowed to sell up to 20% items other than alcohol/tobacco...

Actually I am not thinking of a dump. I don't even know if WP or Divide has its own dump as it might just be a transfer station so you put it there and it gets transferred to a regular dump.But I totally agree the needle in the haystack.
I do feel strongly that unless PF talks, which I seriously doubt he will, or if an accomplice talks the only other possible way of locating her is if one of the phones can give a clue as to her whereabouts. After that the only way I see her being located is somebody like a hiker, climber, backpacker or hunter stumbling upon her. Thinking logically I would think he would do what is most comfortable to him. He is obviously very comfortable around horses and riding them so my first guess would be he took a ride. He probably used a horse trailer to go less than 20 miles then took her out up to another 20 miles after that. Just speculation on my part as I think that would be the least risky and the most comfortable to him and very hard to locate a person doing that. The lazy way would be to just push the body of the side of a cliff on the road. Much of the road like CO 67, towards Cripple Creek has no shoulder so you can't stop in the road during the day as other cars would be coming and it is only a narrow 2 lane with no shoulder. But you could stop on the road at night long enough to do what you need to do then keep going. I am not talking about the places where there is a pullout on the side I am talking about the road when it is over 1000 feet straight down off the side of the road and there is no shoulder to pull over on. So if you stop there you are stopping in the actual lane of traffic. But I think he took a horse ride. MOO
Dylan Redwine situation has been in my mind this whole time.

One can buy that all at Safeway too. But service is probably faster with less crowds. imo
I sometimes purposefully buy Fritos or Doritos at a liquor store instead of the grocery store because the grocery stores here only have the family sized bags, and I prefer to limit myself to a single-serving bag... portion control ;)

Exactly. It is probably the closest market to her townhouse. Why drive all the way to Safeway if you just need milk or orange juice? Or you just want a snack or the newspaper or some toilet paper?

I used to go to my little corner market a lot too. Rarely did I buy liquor there, although I did occasionally.

I believe it says that the liquor store is near Safeway. There are much closer places to where Kelsey lives, as a matter of fact if she is coming up the pass from work she would go right by a big gas station with plenty of nuts, snacks and drinks and lottery tickets which would be on the same side of the road. Safeway where the liquor store is she has to cross over to the other side. Once she gets into the little town of WP there are a couple of little gas stations that all have convenience stores in them. All the snacks you would possibly want.

EDIT....Paradise Liquor is across the street from Safeway, I knw there was a liquor store there but could not remember the name so I just looked it up. It would be on her right on her way home.

Is Paradise Spirits strictly a store or is it also a restaurant?

I agree that there’s nothing wrong with her drinking alcoholic beverages if she chooses.

What I take issue with is us (incorrectly) connecting the dots of a liquor store owner saying KB goes in regularly as proof that she buys alcohol there.

Unless someone has more evidence, based on what we now know, it can’t be assumed she bought alcohol there.

I don’t live in CO but I just did a little research about their liquor laws, and the liquor stores are allowed to sell up to 20% items other than alcohol/tobacco...

The liquor stores in my part of Colorado are severely lacking ;) I can see why you'd be concerned if people started making that leap! I guess from the other side, I just wanted to point out even if she did regularly purchase an adult beverage, it doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme, at least not to me. It's hardly a motive for PF.

All MOO

The article says it's right next to Safeway. Also they don't sell tp, oj, etc just liquor at a liquor store. They do sell water and pop, but no grocery items. MOO
In Colorado liquor stores sell many other items besides liquor. One near me sells food. I doubt a small one in a small town would, however. Nothing wrong with KB being a customer there. IMO

Morbid but... he could have logged in using her thumbprint after she had passed.
Soooo, that would mean he'd have to take the body with him to Idaho, right?

That liquor store is literally right next door to that Safeway. Same parking lot. I often park in front of that liquor store bc its closer to Safeway

Well my post above is a mistake as to the location of Paradise. What is the liquor store kind of across the street near the place that usually has motorcycles out front???

In Colorado liquor stores sell many other items besides liquor. One near me sells food.

The liquor stores in my part of Colorado are severely lacking ;) not that they don't have some junky food, but it's way more expensive than the grocery store. They definitely don't have full groceries. It's illegal, well until next week. Then grocery stores can sell full strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DryHeat77