CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #19 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
She was so lovely! I agree with you.

And no where does it say she shopped daily, just that she came in frequently.

Not in South Carolina! You can only buy liquor and wine in our ABC stores - not even beer or mixers - they are sold separately in a side store. The state controls this. So weird when we travel to see liquor sold in the grocery or places like CVS or Walgreens. I don't know how it's sold in Colorado.
Colorado's liquor laws have changed in the last couple years. Used to be the only other thing you could sell in addition to wine, spirits & beer was anything that would be used as a mixer: milk, juice, soda, water, lemons, limes... you get the idea. Now snacks can be sold as well.

Ot but in NM, we can buy beer, wine even hard liquor at grocery stores and most Walgreen’s. But not on Sundays before noon lol.

I am surprised CO is so restricted.

The article says it's right next to Safeway. Also they don't sell tp, oj, etc just liquor at a liquor store. They do sell water and pop, but no grocery items. MOO
They CAN sell OJ, milk, snacks, etc. but that's not to say they do. I own a very small liquor store in Eastern Colorado. I choose not to sell those things because I don't have enough call for them to stay fresh. If I wanted to though I could.

I believe it says that the liquor store is near Safeway. There are much closer places to where Kelsey lives, as a matter of fact if she is coming up the pass from work she would go right by a big gas station with plenty of nuts, snacks and drinks and lottery tickets which would be on the same side of the road. Safeway where the liquor store is she has to cross over to the other side. Once she gets into the little town of WP there are a couple of little gas stations that all have convenience stores in them. All the snacks you would possibly want.

EDIT....Paradise Liquor is across the street from Safeway, I knw there was a liquor store there but could not remember the name so I just looked it up. It would be on her right on her way home.
No that's banana belt ... right by papa murphys??!

My iPhone can also be accessed with a PIN number which is the main way I use it.

Did her phone have a PIN number that PF could have used?

We don‘t even know if she followed her religion. She did get pregnant, after all. What does it matter if she bought wine, etc? Most people do. Jmo
Right, it does not matter. A good freind of mine is a pilot, recreational only, and he has to go through very rigorous medical exams and have personal references to keep his lisence. I have no concerns of Kelsey having any subtance abuse issues. I would think being an instructor would be even more in depth.

Seeing theories that KB may have met someone new, which is what triggered PF. IMO if KB had a new love interest he would have been speaking out when she first went missing, can’t see him staying in the shadows. Yes, LE would absolutely look into him as a suspect as well but if he was innocent I would think he’d step up and say something. Especially if KB had told him anything negative about PF. Again, purely MOO.

Idk someone hasn’t spoken with LE. I’ve no idea what they’re doing behind the scenes. Jmo

<modsnipped>

She would come in after work, in her flight suit, he said. Berreth worked as a flight instructor at Doss Aviation in Pueblo.

“We talked about her being a pilot,” he said. “She was just a real sweet girl, really friendly.”

When he saw news reports that she had gone missing, Rust said he was “shocked.”

“I thought, ‘I know that girl,’” he said."

Missing Woodland Park woman, Kelsey Berreth, presumed dead; fiance arrested in her murder

The owner is not quoted, from what I can see, saying she actually bought alcohol there. It may seem odd, but I used to buy milk regularly at the liquor store at the end of my block. I don't think I ever bought alcohol there in the ten-plus years I lived there. It was always a fast in and out and much more convenient than going to a supermarket, if that's all I needed. There was one refrigerated case there for dairy, eggs, lunch meat etc. Almost the entire rest of the store was devoted to alcohol. Possibly, it was faster to pick up milk, eggs, or a loaf of bread at Paradise Liquor than to stand in line at the Safeway next door. MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe that's why I've never seen them! :)
There is a liquor store near me that has an entire food section and a bunker cooler. Not like you could do your weekly shopping there, but if you wanted cheese, crackers, some fruit, salami, chocolate, etc you are all set! Makes it nice if you are having people over and need to grab snacks in addition to wine and beer, etc. But they are huge and very busy :)

Back to ‘Were they engaged/weren’t they engaged?’

The term ‘fiance’ may never have been used by either PF or KB.

Imagine. She moves to Co, she’s pregnant, she’s hoping for roses around the door and happy-ever-after. When she mentions getting a place together/marriage, he says sure, one day. Not right now. I have to wait till my mother’s knees are better/the price of cattle improves. Maybe next year.

Her folks have doubts about him, but she wants them to like him so she only mentions the good times and tells them they’ll probably get married next year. Her mother translates this as an engagement and starts using the term ‘fiancé ’ to folks back home.

Their relationship doesn’t appear to have been easy to define. He may have described her as his ‘girlfriend’ when it suited him, and the mother of his child when it didn’t.

My thoughts only.
Do we know if she even got an engagement ring?

Beautiful day here today in CO as I washed my cars. Most of the week looks cold and some snow but if it warms up the end of the week like it is forecast to I will take my drones up there and just film a lot of this area so people can see what we are talking about. Then will post the pics and vids in my Microsoft cloud space for anybody to view if they want to. Like I said it will probably be the end of the week at the earliest.
TYVM that sounds amazing. The WSers here really go all in and its just awesomeness sometimes. :cool:

We don‘t even know if she followed her religion. She did get pregnant, after all. What does it matter if she bought wine, etc? Most people do. Jmo
It doesn’t matter to me at all, but I predict to some people it would matter a lot.

IIRC, in the CW case, the DA was worried when SW’s autopsy came back with an elevated BAC level, even though it was accounted for by decomposition...it gave a toehold to those who would try to blame SW for what happened to her and her girls...

I know this discussion is about alcohol consumption and not elevated BAC levels, but I worry there are those who would weaponize any info about KB, even inaccurate info...

The problem is, what if that person enjoys torturing the family? Once they're dead, they can never talk. I'd hope that after years behind walls, they might change their mind about releasing the information, once they're gone if they don't tell the family might never get closure.
Once behind bars, I doubt they talk. They have appeals, and really why talk then? I think the DP is a good incentive to get them to talk. They only care about themselves so they will only tell if it benefits them. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea