CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #19 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m probably being too sensitive, but I don’t feel comfortable with allowing the narrative of her being a ‘drinker’ to be hatched solely out of one liquor store owner’s comment that she’s a regular customer.

Especially is she was abstinent.... which we also don’t know at this point...
Several years ago, there was a terrible car accident in our town, I remember some people talking to reporters saying how well they knew the victims. Funny thing is, they called them by the wrong name and we all knew they didn't know them. I learned then, some people just want to be in the spot light. With that knowledge, I'm taking the liquor store owner's words with a grain of salt. JMO

Hi all. I haven’t posted in months, but have been trying to keep up here. I have a question. It seems a well accepted assumption that KB & PF had a rocky relationship at best, with most believing they were broken up. Why is that the general consensus? Because of what the Aunt said? Because of the living arrangements? Because of PF saying they had a custody exchange? IMO, while I agree is a very valid possibility, I don’t see it being the most likely situation necessarily. There are plenty of families with alternative living arrangements & lifestyles. It is quite possible that that KB was happy living eternally “engaged” and having separate living arrangements. Maybe she loved him & the baby but still needed her alone time. While I don’t think this is as likely, I don’t think it can be dismissed.

I’m also confused by the assumption that CB was in the dark about KB’s life...regardless of what it is. Again, IMO, she strikes me as just being a private person who does not want KB’s privacy exposed.

ITA.

It jibes with his actions thus far. He’s basically saying “prove it.”

Unfortunately for him, I believe they are well on their way.

If you think about it, prison is a lot like a ranch.

Lots of animals.

He’ll be right at home!

Scott Peterson: 'I had no idea' conviction in Laci Peterson murder was coming

Attention, link pertains to Scott P! Not PF!
The entire world expected SP to be convicted. Lol. He, however, did not. Iirc, he could have gotten a lot less time & had a shot at parole had he confessed. But, his personality type would not allow him to stand before the world admitting guilt. See? He went on to begin a new, different life. He was shown recently laughing with his new friends on DR. Radar has the video. He looks no worse for wear, IMO.

PF, thus far, reminds me a lot of SP. I simply do not think LE can break him. In the eyes of his mom, he’ll be “my wrongly convicted son”. Like Scott was jor Jzp/his mom.

MOO

I’m probably being too sensitive, but I don’t feel comfortable with allowing the narrative of her being a ‘drinker’ to be hatched solely out of one liquor store owner’s comment that she’s a regular customer.

Especially is she was abstinent.... which we also don’t know at this point...

True, for all anyone knows she could have been buying liquor for PF and not for herself because he was coming over. Or for a friend or ....

Making a note midway - as I have 12 more pages to be caught back up. :)

Came across this in a post a ways back (sorry in advance for talking about cinnamon rolls again!): “...Homemade cinnamon buns are usually called "buns" and the Pillsbury ones you buy in the store are called "rolls."...” Sorry the post quote didn’t work.

Maybe that’s geographically related semantics? I am in WA... Not close to Moses Lake, but reasonably close to where I believe KB’s brother lives.

In my neck of the woods, homemade cinnamon rolls are called exactly that. Two friends contacted me over the holidays to ask me for the caramel sauce recipe for my cinnamon rolls. No one I know ever refers to them as buns.

Speaking of breakfast, that topic is bugging me a bit. Baby probably has very few teeth. I am having a hard time picturing her making cinnamon rolls (even canned) for just herself.

On a similar note, the recipe. And the trip to the store.

I just don’t think she expected to be eating alone.

And, IMO, she would have had to be ecstatic about being in her home, able to hang out for the weekend with a baby that she adored.

I don’t believe the story about a supposed breakup. I also don’t believe K agreed to hand baby over when she was available to be a hands on mommy.

Making a note midway - as I have 12 more pages to be caught back up. :)

Came across this in a post a ways back (sorry in advance for talking about cinnamon rolls again!): “...Homemade cinnamon buns are usually called "buns" and the Pillsbury ones you buy in the store are called "rolls."...” Sorry the post quote didn’t work.

Maybe that’s geographically related semantics? I am in WA... Not close to Moses Lake, but reasonably close to where I believe KB’s brother lives.

In my neck of the woods, homemade cinnamon rolls are called exactly that. Two friends contacted me over the holidays to ask me for the caramel sauce recipe for my cinnamon rolls. No one I know ever refers to them as buns.

Speaking of breakfast, that topic is bugging me a bit. Baby probably has very few teeth. I am having a hard time picturing her making cinnamon rolls (even canned) for just herself.

On a similar note, the recipe. And the trip to the store.

I just don’t think she expected to be eating alone.

And, IMO, she would have had to be ecstatic about being in her home, able to hang out for the weekend with a baby that she adored.

I don’t believe the story about a supposed breakup. I also don’t believe K agreed to hand baby over when she was available to be a hands on mommy.
My son is this age (within weeks of baby K) and he has 11 teeth and is working on another. Generally babies can eat anything after they turn 1.

One year, probably 20 years ago or more, when I was big into climbing we went up Pikes Peak the back way through the Crags as that is the preferred way in the winter. Anyway with the short winter days we somehow got screwed up as it was whiteout conditions and found ourselves on very steep rock ledges having to rope our dogs down as it was too steep for them as well. We ended up spending the night out there just because of the extreme steep cliffs you mention. Can't imagine some of the stuff you would find there but for most of the year it would be covered by snow.
Scary for you. Thanks for sharing. I’ve been in a car that was driven all the way to the top in July and it was cold up there. Moonscape. Many people hike up and either catch a ride down ( a woman did with us) or they take the cog railway down.

My point is that the road is open most of the time, at least halfway up and therefore it’s possible to offload a body from the drop offs. .

Pikes Peak Highway Hours and Fees

Last edited:
Agree about the hay. It's like firewood. We are always in need of hay for our horses, but transporting it 18 hours would cost almost as much as a double load. Definitely not worth it.

If there's a drought and/or hay/forage is scarce, farmers/ranchers might not have a choice but to have hay shipped to them. Or they might have to sell livestock and reduce the size of their herd(s). I'm not sure what Colorado's drought status is and what the hay situation is.

You're right, livestock need hay, and it can get pretty expensive to feed them, especially in winter and even more so during a winter when hay is scarce.

ETA: link about drought in 2018. Drought, hay shortage puts some horses in danger of slaughter, rescue organization says

Last edited:
Scary for you. Thanks for sharing. I’ve been in a car that was driven all the way to the top in July and it was cold up there. Moonscape. Many people hike up and either catch a ride down ( a woman did with us) or they take the cog railway down.

My point is that the road is open most of the time, at least halfway up and therefore it’s pissibme to offload a body from the drop offs. .

Pikes Peak Highway Hours and Fees

not true, anymore. you cant drive up unless you are a tour bus or van. The Cog Railway is closed, for about a year now, so the only way up is driving , and they closed driving to the general public, so you have to take a tour bus or van.

not true, anymore. you cant drive up unless you are a tour bus or van. The Cog Railway is closed, for about a year now, so the only way up is driving , and they closed driving to the general public, so you have to take a tour bus or van.
Oh well I stand corrected. It’s been a few years since we did this. Cannot drive even halfway up?

ETA I’m still finding info about driving up. Cost, time it takes, check weather etc. Not finding any info about vans only.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member