CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #22 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see how she wouldn't be arrested! She committed a crime. If anything they told her what charges she could be facing to convince her to talk, and made some sort of deal. But I don't think she will get away with not being charged... Imo

Just speculating - but if she convinces LE that any involvement she had was only done out of fear of PF, she may be able to get a deal which results in no arrest? Or perhaps she would say she didn’t know KB had been killed when she disposed of the phone and when she did learn the truth she was fearful of PF doing something to her if she stepped forward. This is all speculation, but I’m just thinking there may be things she could say to LE that could justify her tossing the phone (mind you I am not saying she would be speaking truthfully to LE, but who is going to argue against her statement of facts since PF isn’t speaking at all?) MOO

If someone asks me to get rid of a phone, especially on my way to another State, my first response would be "say what?"

Then "why"???

I cannot imagine any explanation that would make any reasonable sense.

The hair on the back of one's neck should be prickling by that point. I don't care how naive, in love, crazy, etc. one might be.

Then, if a few days later, it becomes evident that someone is missing, or worse, my very next action is going to be to call law enforcement and start telling what I may know.

She knew.

Sorry, it was just a hypothetical. The previous poster noted that money and local connections are a big player in custody battles. My imprecise point was that I think KB's family will probably be well funded (if needed) in a contentious custody battle.
I don't think it's going to be contentious. JMO

Just speculating - but if she convinces LE that any involvement she had was only done out of fear of PF, she may be able to get a deal which results in no arrest? Or perhaps she would say she didn’t know KB had been killed when she disposed of the phone and when she did learn the truth she was fearful of PF doing something to her if she stepped forward. This is all speculation, but I’m just thinking there may be things she could say to LE that could justify her tossing the phone (mind you I am not saying she would be speaking truthfully to LE, but who is going to argue against her statement of facts since PF isn’t speaking at all?) MOO
I'm sure there are a multitude of excuses to destroy the phone which would make a person seem as much of a victim as Kelsey is, but unless IN went to the police herself and fully cooperated I think it might be hard to sell those excuses. Being in CO for thanksgiving, the day of the murder, might be a bit of a hard obstacle to overcome.

Is it a crime to destroy a phone? If I found one and tossed it into a lake?
Just asking...
Not a crime to destroy a phone in that circumstance. Are you assuming IN found the phone and had no idea who's it was before she allegedly destroyed it?
It's always a matter of context and degrees. If I hit someone is it assault? Well, if the person has their hands wrapped around my throat and are choking me to death, probably not. :)

Could it be his mother was also detained briefly when he was arrested to ensure she couldn't take physical custody of the baby right then and there? With her being briefly detained, it ensured the baby went into protective custody and then the Berreth's. Otherwise, I'm wondering if he had been arrested while his mother was present with the baby (and she had not been detained as well), would she have been able to keep the baby?

Exactly. The Frazee's want to know how bad they look before most likely waiting their time. And it's probably not a good thing for them to open themselves up for more scrutiny than PF's case will already cause. A child custody battle could dig up more dirt on PF.

I'm not saying that all parents of murderers are at fault. But d*amn, there is usually a fair amount of family dysfunction involved. It goes back to that old saying, past behavior is a good predictor of future behavior. If a parent doesn't get it right when raising their own kids, then they probably have no business raising someone else's.

JMO, IMO, MOO.
It seems with grandchildren, the grandparents see it as a do-over. Trying to correct anything they did to screw up their own kids via the care, love and toys they give to their grandkids. At least that's how I view what my mom and in-laws are doing with my children. Lol

Could it be his mother was also detained briefly when he was arrested to ensure she couldn't take physical custody of the baby right then and there? With her being briefly detained, it ensured the baby went into protective custody and then the Berreth's. Otherwise, I'm wondering if he had been arrested while his mother was present with the baby (and she had not been detained as well), would she have been able to keep the baby?
No, it really has no bearing. Whenever someone is arrested in this kind of situation, those around are detained for everyone's safety. It's just protocol. This was a domestic situation, son was being arrested, mother was present, emotions and tensions run high and so this is the protocol for those situations to protect the officers and all present.

BBM. The digital evidence will (has?).

That could be. Unless she actually killed KB. They would not let her remain free if she did that.
Just the involvement of IN (if true), changes the dynamics of the case, imo.
A neighbor reported P’s truck at K’s Tday, we assume he told LE he was there to pick up daughter.
So...say, P has an alibi for the rest of the day. Now, police have proof IN was in CO. What if her prints are found in K’s home? What IF P blames or has blamed her? The scorned woman, pissed that he impregnated another woman? And, she’s caught with K’s phone? If nurse went on about her life & did not voluntarily go to LE , I think that would not look real “good” for her. P goes on to tell LE he was having a family day, with his daughter & extended family, and the nurse was irate that he was not spending holiday with her. So P suggests the nurse slipped in at K’s house, murders her, steals phone/purse & evidently, her body. Meantime, the nurse is telling LE that P wanted K dead, for at least three months......blah, blah.
If the nurse is the ONLY solicitee, can she be believed? Not imo.
Had she been trying to establish a more permanent relationship with P, only to find him unwilling to go further, because of his daughter?
Is she so dumb that she thought a man she evidently cares for could kill his baby momma & they would then ride off into the sunset?

All speculation/hypothetical/MOO

I'm sure there are a multitude of excuses to destroy the phone which would make a person seem as much of a victim as Kelsey is, but unless IN went to the police herself and fully cooperated I think it might be hard to sell those excuses. Being in CO for thanksgiving, the day of the murder, might be a bit of a hard obstacle to overcome.

Again just speculating, but if she had family near the area it would make perfect sense for her to be there Thanksgiving weekend. MOO

No, it really has no bearing. Whenever someone is arrested in this kind of situation, those around are detained for everyone's safety. It's just protocol. This was a domestic situation, son was being arrested, mother was present, emotions and tensions run high and so this is the protocol for those situations to protect the officers and all present.

What if his mom had not been present when he was arrested but was at home with the baby? Would they still have taken the child into protective custody or would SF been able to keep her? Not that it really matters, because that's not what happened, I'm just wondering.

She knew.

The rumors, at least some important ones, are being validated now. More people are coming forward. People who are not connected to any key players, but who are able to provide dates/times/circumstances that are painting a picture of what happened

She knew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member