CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #22 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to give PF’s mother the benefit of the doubt for now.
PF may have been telling he that he spoke with Kelsey every day while they had the baby and Kelsey was “on her trip.” She may not have usually spoken with Kelsey herself often so she might not have found it odd.

I agree. I also doubt P talked a lot with his mom about personal things. I see them as roommates, not mother/son. IMO, he did his own thing & mom had no control over him.

I wonder if LE are ticked off that this IN news has leaked out and it's making their investigation more difficult or time pressured.
They may not be happy, but it might not change much.

They seemingly identified her some time ago, and have had time to investigate her, and her involvement in all of this.

It all depends if this inhibits their ability to make more progress as far as she is concerned.

The pressure has come from the time constraints regarding the arrest warrant release.

That was the clock that was ticking.

It could very well stop tomorrow.

I wonder if LE are ticked off that this IN news has leaked out and it's making their investigation more difficult or time pressured.

I doubt it. This is the case more often than not. NK was out here less than 24 hours after SW/kids reported missing.
LE can’t prevent people from talking. As soon as one person knows, it’s a runaway train.

MOO

Emph. mine

So what's this 'evidence' ?
Were some of KB's personal items discarded to make it look like she'd traveled at least that far ?
Just seems like there's so much premeditation with all involved .

Have to agree with previous posters-- if someone asked me to damage or throw away a persons' phone ; I'd do the opposite if I'm innocent, that is.

Hopefully someone(s) is being hauled in for questioning again !

Maybe her purse/contents? Jmo

Twin Falls Police will send "sensitive" evidence to Colorado in connection to missing woman | East Idaho News
Police in Twin Falls have been trying to return to Colorado evidence of a sensitive nature that was discovered in December, after the FBI asked them to assist in the murder investigation, they said Thursday.

Police would not discuss the evidence further and said they’re working with Colorado investigators to determine whether the items should be sent by mail or courier.

Hmmm... Are we still talking about a cell phone here? Could they have some additional evidence that may require consumptive testing in Idaho? Maybe the "sensitive" part is that they are afraid transport could destroy or erode the evidence? JMO.

Wait, what?

Trying to return? Working to determine whether mail or courier? In a murder investigation? In 2019?

Probably just poor journalism. But. Wow.

This is bizarre. Why make a weird statement about it? Just have CBI drive up there and pick it up. Whatever it is can't be very big or akward or perishable.

Twin Falls Police will send "sensitive" evidence to Colorado in connection to missing woman | East Idaho News
Police in Twin Falls have been trying to return to Colorado evidence of a sensitive nature that was discovered in December, after the FBI asked them to assist in the murder investigation, they said Thursday.

Police would not discuss the evidence further and said they’re working with Colorado investigators to determine whether the items should be sent by mail or courier.

This sounds more like a scene out of Twin Peaks than Twin Falls.
They need Coop and Sheriff Truman to put their heads together on this one and figure it out.

Last edited:
Hmmm... Are we still talking about a cell phone here? Could they have some additional evidence that may require consumptive testing in Idaho? Maybe the "sensitive" part is that they are afraid transport could destroy or erode the evidence? JMO.

Let’s cross our fingers the mail,isn’t lost or govt shutdown doesn’t swell over to the USPS.

Going back to the first press conference on Dec 10 with CB and the WPPD Chief - he was putting "Gooding, Idaho" on notice. JMO LE already knew about IdahoNurse at that time. I agree with others in the last thread that releasing this tidbit last night about IdahoNurse is about applying additional pressure.
Yes, and then at the press conference didn’t they say ‘someone out there knows where she is’. A direct appeal to someone’s conscience or better angels? It’s all just so heartbreaking...

Mountains to catch up on today!

Grateful K is with CB and fam. I just have a bad feeling re the alternative.

Frustrated by the concern with PF not having his arrest docs yet. I guess the simple answer is, don’t kill people.

Yes, yes, I know. I’m grateful for my constitutional rights. :p

607.8 DETENTIONS DURING WARRANT SERVICE Deputies must be sensitive to the safety risks of all persons involved with the service of a warrant. Depending on circumstances and facts present, it may be appropriate to control movements of any or all persons present at a warrant service, including those who may not be the subject of a warrant or suspected in the case. However, deputies must be mindful that only reasonable force may be used and weapons should be displayed no longer than the deputy reasonably believes is necessary.
https://www.epcsheriffsoffice.com/s...aso_County_Sheriff_s_Office_Policy_Manual.pdf
This is from neighboring El Paso county. It also goes into stating that one of the considerations is the knowledge of weapons permits. So in other words, if the person being arrested has a weapons permit, the knowledge that there is a weapon would be evaluated. It also says that the desire is to serve the arrest warrant and arrest the person outside rather than in their home. It was an interesting read.

During the search of a home in the outback, a case in Australia, for a missing women, the husband went into another room and killed himself: he shot himself.
Several Police Officers were present during this search.
The missing woman, the wife, has never been found.

You have GOT to be kidding me. Back in my previous career, my work once sent me on a (commercial) airplane to deliver a stupid useless binder for a presentation because they didn't want to risk shipping it and fly home that same day. Like nothing in the history of the world that even really mattered. I don't even think they used it. Pretty sure it's been sitting in some storage unit basement ever since. There has got to be a professional way to transport evidence in a murder case!
It has to be bad reporting. There is an issue of chain of custody. An LE needs to personally go there and sign for the evidence and then log it into the books in CO. That is if it is physical evidence, which one would think. A courier? No.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa