CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #22 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reporting on this case has been sloppy at best. Sometimes I think they develop stories from gossip on FB. Really disappointing. OTOH there just isn’t a whole lot to go on with the little the DA has released. Maybe we will get more this afternoon.

One point that I made before is, we don’t know that CB even made a request to see the baby. If I’m CB, I’m doing the smart thing and waiting a little while longer to get custody spelled out by the court. It was only a month. It’s not like she was used to seeing K every day or even every month.

And a public place versus a private one, same diff. You still have the risk of absconding. LE shows up, asks to see the custody papers, and there aren’t any. Not a good situation for either side to put themselves in, and so I don’t think either side tried. JMHO
The key element of my comment was the fact that there was a period of time Kelsey was merely ‘missing’ not murdered. So why the high stakes strategies about preserving custody at that point? Strikes me as very, very odd...

Some of the worst reporting on any case I've seen, & I've been following this stuff for 20+ years. My high school journalism teacher is shrieking in horror from the newsroom in the afterlife right now.

Someone in a newsroom saw "disposing" and filled in the blank with body instead of, you know, actually reading the darn thing and seeing it was a phone that was possibly disposed of.

Or the story was ready and waiting for more confirmations from sources and someone accidently posted it.

The key element of my comment was the fact that there was a period of time Kelsey was merely ‘missing’ not murdered. So why the high stakes strategies about preserving custody at that point? Strikes me as very, very odd...
I agree - if nothing was wrong except the missing mom - why keep her family from seeing the baby? IMO he had a reason and we now know what it was.

I stand by my feeling this has got a Jodi Arias vibe. Some women will do ANYTHING for a man. So sickening IMO

Stupid! They have friends, relatives, parents, kids. If they, in a Carmen-esque style, value own lives less than the freedom of love, fine, but what about everyone else around them?

I do not believe it’s in the best interest of the child to have a relationship with PF or his family - at this time. Anyone willing to murder is not a good influence :eek: and if his family is proven to have assisted or influenced him - they are NOT in the best interest of child. Obviously the judge and TCDHS agrees - and the fact that the judge and TCDHS did NOT give F family any visitation says a lot about what has been found and/or is “suspected” about PF and his family in the death of KB. JMO.
Respectfully, “PF or his family” is unnecessarily lumping them together as if they are one. They are not. This concerns custody on behalf of either SF or the sister, not PF.

The family has not been proven to have assisted or influenced him. Matters of custody only even began to be discussed a mere two weeks ago, and I suspect that they haven’t even tried to touch on visitation because first things first.

This is a process and we are barely at step 1. Maybe the baby will stay with CF from now on. Then again, changes could be made as the bigger picture becomes clearer. But the fact that the judge hasn’t changed the initial custody decision from two weeks ago isn’t proof of what the long term best interests of the child are going to be, or who wins between the Fs and the Bs.We will have to wait to find out.

https://twitter.com/RBianchiEsq/status/1081217040160079872
@HLNTV
@MikeGalanosHLN we will be discussing the latest developments on the #KelseyBerreth #murder case. On at 11am!
DwFBKiqV4AA8zPv.jpg

I just have a really bad feeling that it is true, and just released early. Just a gut feeling, chills basically. I guess we just wait and see what comes next :confused:

I think its possible too because news places will prepare articles in advance of publishing them and maybe it was released too soon before the "ok" was given from management.

I would not be surprised if it was more than the phone that traveled to Idaho.

I guess we have to wait and see if more news will come out today. Maybe after the courtroom activities today maybe we will get more updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarellano5280