CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #24 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen it posted many times here that she has family in Colorado, yet no proof of it. Does anyone know if there's an article about her having family in CO, most especially, near PF?
Reports: Twin Falls nurse suspected of disposing missing Colorado woman's cellphone
ABC's Clayton Sandell reported that the Twin Falls woman has known Frazee for years and that the two worked together for a time in Colorado.

'Killer fiance' Patrick Frazee and missing mom Kelsey Berreth broke-up a YEAR before her murder | Daily Mail Online
One of the the people DailyMail.com spoke with also said that the nurse was in Colorado around Thanksgiving.

His freedom.
This is MOO Speculation.

He already had his freedom. They were not married. They weren’t even living together. He had nothing to gain by murdering her. It doesn’t appear to have been a crime of passion or an accident followed by a bad decision to cover it up....it was calculated, planned and according to what little we do know, the plan and aftermath may have been executed by more than one person, possibly as many as three other people. We definitely are not privy to the actual motive here and I really feel like it’s more than a routine “love” or “money” motive.

I repeat. MOO MOO MOO Speculation!

Maybe he wanted to move out of state....perhaps even somewhere like Idaho and he wasn't leaving little K behind? MOO
But, was he willing to leave his mother behind? Not sure about that. Perhaps he wanted KK to sell her place and move to CO and they could all live happily ever after? Has anyone checked out who own the house KK lives in, or is that not allowed yet? Anyway, MOO, if she owns it and sold it she could possibly have enough equity to allow them to have enough for a downpayment to purchase another "ranchette" close to SF. A nurse is a very portable profession and they make a nice wage which would qualify them for a mortgage. I'm guessing PF's declared income is less than what he actually makes and a bank will only loan on your declared income.

Kelsey was not willing to let him "sponge" off her and just move in. He had to be a man and bring something to the table. I suspect that's when he figured KK was the better option. KB had already seen through him. KK not yet. Maybe now? She lived 11 hours away and when they were together it was for short spurts and she really didn't know him, just like KB didn't really know him when she moved all the way to CO after a long distance courtship of all of 3 months. I know, it's been reported that they (PF & KK) have known each other for a long time, but what does that really mean? Casual friends until they initiate a long distance romance. I say she didn't know him well enough.
JMT
edit: spelling

Last edited:
Neighbors said he had a history of parking behind her car(s) even though their were parking spaces available in the front. Some felt this was PF
exercising his control his control of her. If they had a fight, she wouldn't be able to drive away to get away from him.
Perhaps it was just faster and easier for him. Who knows?
There must be CCTVs in those houses and businesses in her neighborhood.
Are the neighbors mostly full-time residents or are their seasonal
residents, time-shares or AirBnBs?
Someone or a camera must have seen the killer(s) drive away.
Full-time residents. We have a new habitat for humanity building that was built across the street from the library, about a year ago. Thats about a block and a half from her home. Mostly older, more established empty-nesters in the neighborhood. She has quite a bit of traffic walking by on lake street, being so close to the high school, lots of kids walking to school on that street.
imo

We were talking about co-parenting as motivation. I just don’t see him being significantly more free to parent by killing her. It’s not enough change to justify that risk.

It would be a huge change.

Have you ever attempted to co-parent? Shared/missed holidays. Scheduling vacations only during your allotted time or trying to compromise with your ex? Differences in parenting styles- one believes in spanking, the other would never spank. Paying child support for 18 years.

The list goes on and on.

Yeah. I couldn’t imagine him going anywhere.

Ever.

Not without his mommy.
I don't think this but playing devil's advocate, maybe he wanted to move out and had a bad relationship with his mother and if KB was gone he could tell his mother him and baby K were moving to be with another women who could be a mother to the baby...
Again, we don't know the dynamics of any of the relationships.

We were talking about co-parenting as motivation. I just don’t see him being significantly more free to parent by killing her. It’s not enough change to justify that risk.

Hate is the motivator. Seething hate... everything else is just a bonus. Why does he hate to this degree? Something is intrinsically wrong with him. He is not like the rest of us, even though most of the time he probably seems like he is.

no. it was specifically worded in the civil docs, but not clear if the abuse was ongoing prior to the murder or only at the time of the murder.

I think you are misunderstanding me and my previous comment. Whimsical asked why people were talking about KB being beaten. I responded that it was because of the wrongful death paperwork and the wording led to speculation on the board whether she was beaten prior to her death or during to cause that wording.

This is the best theory I've seen as to a possible benign explanation of why KK would dispose of the phone. Here's what I'm thinking. IF KK had no idea that PF had murdered KB and simply took the phone to turn it on, allow it to send the queued texts, and then destroy it, then she would have left HER phone on all the way to ID. And IF one of those search warrants was for KK's phone, LE might have access to incriminating texts sent between KK and PF. MOO

I can see that. What if he was trying to lead LE to KK? MOO,

It would be a huge change.

Have you ever attempted to co-parent? Shared/missed holidays. Scheduling vacations only during your allotted time or trying to compromise with your ex? Differences in parenting styles- one believes in spanking, the other would never spank. Paying child support for 18 years.

The list goes on and on.

To expand on this, it’s 18 years of trying to compromise with someone you couldn’t get along with well enough to remain a couple.

For someone who is controlling at best, which is the vibe I get from PF, the thought of not being able to be the sole decision maker would be infuriating.

I am becoming more and more convinced that LE knows there is no body. I think it was somehow destroyed before disposal. MOO.
It is very difficult to completely destroy a body, and there is almost always a trace.

He may be the only person who knows where she is, and he had the benefit of time, and extensive knowledge of numerous disposal locations.

She could be anywhere, and I am not optimistic that she will ever be located.

I think this info is coming from the civil suit filed by KB's parents.

"The suit also accuses Frazee of inflicting physical, mental, and emotional acts of violence on Kelsey prior to her death. "

Berreth parents file federal suit against Patrick Frazee
The main point, though, is that the civil suit doc does not define or spell out any specifics about "acts of violence". We need to STOP interpreting these statements and the opinions and speculations of posters here, and stating them as FACT, and asking questions as though they are FACT, when they are not. Just makes for unnecessary posts to set the record straight and can cause rumors. Be mindful of what you read and how you word your post(s).

Last edited:
This is MOO Speculation.

He already had his freedom. They were not married. They weren’t even living together. He had nothing to gain by murdering her. It doesn’t appear to have been a crime of passion or an accident followed by a bad decision to cover it up....it was calculated, planned and according to what little we do know, the plan and aftermath may have been executed by more than one person, possibly as many as three other people. We definitely are not privy to the actual motive here and I really feel like it’s more than a routine “love” or “money” motive.

I repeat. MOO MOO MOO Speculation!

BBM: HH, we don't know that yet for certain, IMO.

Hate is the motivator. Seething hate... everything else is just a bonus. Why does he hate to this degree? Something is intrinsically wrong with him. He is not like the rest of us, even though most of the time he probably seems like he is.
Exactly. The vast majority of co-parents figure out custody and support issues without resorting to the murder of their co-parent. To even think of that as an option is bizarre. MOO

I totally agree. My point was the rolls were a way to prove Kelsey was at home that morning. She told her mom she had them for breakfast.

I hope I haven't brought the roll debate monster back to life. :eek:
IDK, but I made some cinnamon rolls yesterday morning and left them uncovered on top of the stove while I left the house to run an errand. I thought I wanted them to be completely cool before I covered them and put them away. Made me think of KB doing the same TG day.

It is very difficult to completely destroy a body, and there is always a trace.

He may be the only person who knows where she is, and he had the benefit of time, and extensive knowledge of numerous disposal locations.

She could be anywhere, and I am not optimistic that she will ever be located.

I hate the thought of her being missing forever. It’s just an added cruelty for everyone who loves her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member