Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not saying I’d really approve of this because I want him charged with all of his crimes... but he could offer not to bring sexual abuse/assault charges so the guy won’t be labeled a sex offender while he spends eternity rotting in prison. I’m not an expert but that might matter to his personal safety.

Imo.
IMO, by the time he walks through those prison doors, every inmate there will know what he's done.

IMO, by the time he walks through those prison doors, every inmate there will know what he's done.
Absolutely, everyone will know him long before he even gets sentenced.

Also I read somewhere that he was possibly autistic, can't find it now. Has anyone else heard something similar? And IF that was the case does it affect sentencing in this sort of case in the USA?

After the whirlwind of the last couple of days one thing sticks out a mile - the bravery, courage and resourcefulness of Jayme Closs, who is without doubt the most remarkable 13 year-old on the planet. Here's to your future health and happiness Jayme, no-one deserves it more than you.

Are you a family member? Just you are expressing pride in Jayme's accomplishment (ie escaping). It is worthy of admiration but it is her achievement.

I am not. I’m just a sleuther that, for better or for worse, got wrapped up in her parents’ murder and her disappearance.

But I am proud of Jayme. Very, very proud. Denise and James raised her well. She is one special kid.

moo.

Are you a family member? Just you are expressing pride in Jayme's accomplishment (ie escaping). It is worthy of admiration but it is her achievement.
In my humble opinion I think its more that Moonsie sees his/her sleuthing skills are being honed and improving and yes he/she is proud of that as would I be. Isn't that the point of being on this website. Jayme of course is the hero hands down.

Also I read somewhere that he was possibly autistic, can't find it now. Has anyone else heard something similar? And IF that was the case does it affect sentencing in this sort of case in the USA?

I recall a poster here randomly suggesting that. I have seen nothing anywhere to suggest that he is and IMO it was just a random comment not based in fact.

Barron County Sheriff believes suspect in Jayme Closs disappearance was a 'one-man operation'

January 12, 2019 08:04 AM

The Barron County Sheriff said Saturday morning that as far as authorities have been able to determine so far, the suspect in the disappearance of 13-year-old Jayme Closs ran a "one-man show."

Chris Fitzgerald spoke live in Barron with KSTP's Callan Gray, saying law enforcement spoke with family and friends of 21-year-old Jake Thomas Patterson Friday.

He was arrested Thursday in Gordon, Wisconsin - shortly after authorities say Jayme was able to escape from a home at which she was being held when Patterson is believed to have been out.

She approached a woman who was walking her dog for help. That woman took Jayme to a neighbor's residence where they called 911. A description Jayme provided led to his arrest a short time later. On Friday, Fitzgerald said it is believed he was out looking for Jayme when law enforcement came in contact with him.

Fitzgerald said Saturday that investigators remain at the home at which Jayme was believed to have been held, still actively searching for clues.

"We know he targeted her," he said of Patterson. "Why he picked her is the million dollar question we're still trying to determine. He had no contact with any of the Closs family that we've been able to determine at this time. Either digitally or physically, or that he knew them."

Jayme was reunited with family members Friday, a moment Fitzgerald said he and many others have been hoping for since October.

"She got to sleep in her own bed last night," he said. "And that was the goal of our operation for the past 88 days. We helped make it come true.

"But really Jayme is the hero here. Her will to survive and escape is what it's all about."

I still can't help but feel that something is missing in all this. Where did this guy have visual access to Jayme on a regular basis ? You don't just see a kid once, decide you have to have her, and that the best way to get her is to blast your way into her home, mowing down 2 other people in the process. I'm just not buying that, sorry.

I still can't help but feel that something is missing in all this. Where did this guy have visual access to Jayme on a regular basis ? You don't just see a kid once, decide you have to have her, and that the best way to get her is to blast your way into her home, mowing down 2 other people in the process. I'm just not buying that, sorry.

Who knows? He is obviously a very dangerous and extremely delusional person. We can be glad that he has been arrested and is in custody.

Maybe he is actually that crazy. Saw this little girl once, and became fixated/obsessed with owning her. That is what I find unsettling about Social media, who knows who is watching? Or what will set off a crazy person.

This might have happened to other girls before Jayme. The fast killing of Jaymes parents, the casual driving away when he was caught, no running in fear, all sounds like a person whose done this more than once before.
I think the home and property needs to be checked for possible past kidnappings and possible murders.
I posted something similar last night - so glad they are executing those search warrants - link in media thread

Whitepages has a 21 year old JP listed as residing in Haugen, WI and that town is in Barron County, about 20 minutes from
Barron the town. I'm thinking there's a popular restaurant in Barron that everyone went to on Friday or Saturday...

If you Google JTP in Gordon or Haugen it will show up.

JMO

I don't know that he needed any kind of access on a regular basis. It seems that he did not have a job, which means he had time. At some point he made a decision to kidnap a girl, and it looks like he decided that it was best to take one who lived 60-70 miles away.

He must have decided that a rural area was easiest, and it could have started by following a school bus. Once he chose a victim, he may have spent some time watching the family to learn routines. Ultimately, he decided that a blitz attack in the middle of the night was the best option.

Fitzgerald said investigators found a shotgun at the rural Wisconsin home where Patterson was allegedly keeping Jayme that was consistent with what was used the morning her parents were killed. They’re awaiting lab analysis to confirm that it’s the same weapon. Other weapons were found in the home, he said.

Fitzgerald again noted that Patterson “took great efforts to minimize his forensic footprint at the crime scene,” including shaving his head so as not to leave hair behind. He reiterated that Patterson had no relationship to the Closs family, but did not know why he chose Jayme as his target.

Jayme Closs reunited with family as alleged abductor awaits kidnapping, murder charges in Wisconsin

sorry if this was posted last night, i skipped quite a few pages. BBM answering my own question as to did they recover a gun...

A poster here said 'I wouldn't be surprised if he was on the spectrum' . Personally, being the parent of a child on the spectrum I know a little about it and I would be very surprised if he was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard