Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
A deposition wouldn't show there.
It's likely further charges sealed to protect Jayme.

I'm trying hard to figure out what they can do here.

As I stated before it seems it's much easier in Wisconsin to seal than it is in other states. Typically around the nation facts in a complaint can be sealed to protect an on-going investigation. But other than a few super controversial federal terrorism cases, I haven't seen actual charges sealed in a compliant before trial. That would amount to a secret trial and that's typically deemed unconstitutional in the US.

My sense is the charges we can see are the only charges there are at the moment and that something other than an actual charge is sealed.

Here's the info I could find, some of which is otherwise super interesting:

Judges seal 200 cases from public view (Sealing in lieu of expungement).

Wisconsin Court System - eFile/eCourts - Redaction
Wisconsin Legislature: 801.21
(Motions to seal, what records can be sealed and how to file one. Lots of interesting stuff here that might be relevant).

https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/statutes/statutes/968.pdf (Commencing the proceedings and the complaint).

Your Right to Know: Wisconsin needs rules for sealed warrants - WisconsinWatch.org (Sealing warrants UNTIL complaint is filed).

https://wcasa.s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/resources/PSARB-final_10-28-09.pdf (Step-by-step sexual assault primer/guidebook for Wisconsin prosecutors. Nothing in there about sealing a charge).

I assume the Patterson dad knew the house was a crap hole when visiting it on Saturdays, and that his son was troubled, but let him stay in the house and do whatever the hell he wanted. Ridiculous.

Guess I'll just have to wait to hear about the conference here. All of these news sites suck on mobile. I can't even get the Facebook stream to work.

@MassGuy

Kidnapping suspect discharged early from US Marines
A Wisconsin man suspected of abducting 13-year-old Jayme Closs washed out of the U.S. Marine Corps after little more than a month.

Jake Thomas Patterson wrote in his high school yearbook that he planned to join the Marines after graduation. But military records show he lasted for only about five weeks before being prematurely discharged in October 2015 at the rank of private.

Marine spokeswoman Yvonne Carlock said by email that Patterson's early discharge indicated "the character of his service was incongruent with Marine Corps' expectations and standards."

Great, so this creep failed with Marines, as he has failed in life.
MOO.

I'm disturbed that they found girl's make up and adult diapers in the room where he kept her. He is a really sick man. I am thrilled Jayme is alive. I hope that she gets intensive help to have her overcome what this sick man did to her.

Not taking a personal swipe here, but to be exact and keep the facts straight on the thread, we do not know that adult diapers were found. An empty box was found and could be explained away in multiple ways. Also, the make-up and other girlish things found were likely his sister's left behind belongings.

I'm trying hard to figure out what they can do here.

As I stated before it seems it's much easier in Wisconsin to seal than it is in other states. Typically around the nation facts in a complaint can be sealed to protect an on-going investigation. But other than a few super controversial federal terrorism cases, I haven't seen actual charges sealed in a compliant before trial. That would amount to a secret trial and that's typically deemed unconstitutional in the US.

My sense is the charges we can see are the only charges there are at the moment and that something other than an actual charge is sealed.

Here's the info I could find, some of which is otherwise super interesting:

Judges seal 200 cases from public view (Sealing in lieu of expungement).

Wisconsin Court System - eFile/eCourts - Redaction
Wisconsin Legislature: 801.21
(Motions to seal, what records can be sealed and how to file one. Lots of interesting stuff here that might be relevant).

https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/statutes/statutes/968.pdf (Commencing the proceedings and the complaint).

Your Right to Know: Wisconsin needs rules for sealed warrants - WisconsinWatch.org (Sealing warrants UNTIL complaint is filed).

file:///C:/Users/Owner/Downloads/PSARB-final_10-28-09.pdf (Step-by-step sexual assault primer/guidebook for Wisconsin prosecutors. Nothing in there about sealing a charge).

Nothing is sealed yet. According to the post-hearing press conference, the Douglas County Attorney's office has not yet filed charges, and is currently working with investigators to determine what, if any, charges will be brought against the defendant.

Given that the crimes that may have occurred inside the home happened in Douglas County, and the murder and kidnapping occurred in Barron County, Barron County can only charge what occurred in their locale.

I think he was trying very hard to look nonchalant, but the anxious touching and wiping of his face suggests otherwise.

Yes I agree with this. The two times he yawned looked like forced yawns almost. Just kind of opening his mouth like he was pretending to yawn. As I said before, what a sick freak.

I am glad they are not answering questions about the captivity time IMO
Yeah, me too.

We’ve been given a lot of information today, and it isn’t necessary to delve into that part of it.

For her sake.

We’ve learned how he came to target her.

We’ve learned the lengths he went to, in order to conceal himself.

We’ve learned the horrors of the attack.

We’ve learned how he kept her hidden.

We’ll learn the rest at some point.

That’s fine for now.

I think he was trying very hard to look nonchalant, but the anxious touching and wiping of his face suggests otherwise.
Yes, I was thinking "dry mouth" from being nervous. Good. I still can't believe the idea of bail was even on the table. He confessed! Chris Watts confessed - was bail even an option for him? I can't recall if it was not offered, plus Colorado being a different state.

I assume additional charges may follow from the county where she was held captive - guess things can't be combined as it depends on where a crime took place. I think the DC shooters were charged in a few states as their crime spree took place over a few separate regions.

Patterson confirmed for investigators that he had never met Jayme nor had any contact via social media prior to kidnapping her, according to the complaint. Patterson only learned his victim's name when he returned to his house after the abduction, and learned her parents' names after they were reported on the news. from the news article above https://abc13.com/5076476/...IF I read that one more person says that it was her fault...grrrrr!! She was an innocent little girl!

She had nothing to do with this....
But I believe zilch of anything this guy says..he coulda done all recon on burner phone or pawn shop laptop and hucked it.
I think he’s a lazy narcissistic sociopath that couldn’t deal with fact life is hard.. you have to work for it... your a 4 that should marry the first 5 that Says yes...and he couldn’t deal with any of that.

Most of this feels like trying to avoid premeditation or start of insanity with angle towards an institution...

F&(& this guy.... full lobotomy and lock him in a room...

They can also see you eating with your kid at a restaurant or walking with your kid at a mall or supermarket. Or at a post office with your kid. Or doctor's office. Or gas station. Or anywhere.

And follow you home.

But given that this kind of horror is exceedingly, extraordinarily rare, it is perfectly rational not to think of this stuff.

I'm much more worried about accidents, cancer and even school shootings.

As a person who lived in the country and has grandchildren who live in the country, when it was stated that she has no online interaction with him, I thought about right away with cars having to stop for quite awhile with a school bus stop.

It is terryfying because in the country, the bus goes right to the child’s driveway and there are usually no other children.

There were people on here that were appalled that Jayme might have had a babysitter at her age. I wish she did.

After Jacob Wetterling was kidnapped, my kids never went home to an empty house at any age. I always has other arrangements.

Living in the country gives you a false sense of safety which is not accurate at all.

My neighbors installed all kinds of security when teen merh heads broke intp their house while they were at the funeral of their teen that had died in a car accident.

Can't hear the questions he's being asked during the presser. Did anyone ask if there were more charges forthcoming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nahnah_2015