Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hearing:

DNA sample ordered. Good, who knows if he’s done something like this before.

Next hearing February 6, 11am.

Cash bail ordered $5,000,000 by state.

Defense asks for “lesser amount,” but they know it won’t be approved. That is clear.

Judge approves $5,000,000

Haaa. Good luck with that.

No one should be the least bit concerned about him ever being released on bail. It simply is not going to happen. The language here is standard, and does not reflect the reality here.

No one is going to post that amount.

Right. And even if that was ever close to happening the court would find a reason to revoke bail.

I think though, if he went through a bail bondsman he would only have to put up between 1 & 5 percent. That wouldn't be that much money if someone put up property or cash & property...

From Google: "Bond agents generally charge a fee of 10% for a state charge and 15% for a federal bail bond"

10% is pretty standard. NO ONE is giving this guy bond anywhere near 1-5%. It wouldn't be worth essentially loaning him 5 mil.

Paul Blume‏Verified account @PaulBlume_FOX9 4m4 minutes ago
Douglas Co, WI District Attorney says more charges against Jake Patterson, that might have been committed inside the Gordon area home, still possible. Expects to make final decision before Patterson's next court appearance. #JaymeCloss – at Barron County Justice Center

I would say additional info is dna evidence that they hope tie the suspect to possible crimes comited inside the Gordon home. I assume that they are hoping to have enough evidence for such conviction without having victim testimony. In relation to possible additional charges JMO

There are sealed charges listed on Barron County website.

It's not a charge, though. I may have been unclear in my previous response. There are no sealed charges.

The search warrant (probable cause statement) is sealed. The probable cause statement, which is a statement that allows a judge to sign off on a search warrant, is sealed. That is likely because the information within the probable cause statement contains information that pertains to charges that may be issued in Douglas County. It is very common to seal search warrants until charges have been filed by all appropriate agencies. But charges themselves? That's not sealed.

JP looked like he just wants to get back to his cell for his free dinner. The yawning could be a sign of stress, anxiety, and depression.

I agree, I actually do not think what he was doing was yawning and stretching or opening his mouth was more a movement due to the stress and anxiety that you suggest.

Just now reading all the post...
Did anyone report or find out...

Indeed info ... is that his ??

Parents .. have they made statement saying anything...?? Sorry to jaymes family?? Jayme??

Have parents even acknowledged they knew Frankenstein??

Did anyone acknowledge they worked with him for last three years??

Sorry if this all answered... the posts are all people venting and hard to filter...or find

Wait, wasn’t that a charge hearing? Or only a bail hearing?

It sickened me to hear the DA say it seems likely this will go to trial. The freak was caught red handed and there’s an eye witness to the murders plus his confession under questioning. Insanity defense coming?

Wait, wasn’t that a charge hearing? Or only a bail hearing?

It sickened me to hear the DA say it seems likely this will go to trial. The freak was caught red handed and there’s an eye witness to the murders plus his confession under questioning. Insanity defense coming?
That would be my guess.

If she was found 70 miles or so from home, is it possible that he really first spotted her at her bus stop "while going to work at a cheese factory" in that area? 70 miles each way for what was probably a minimum wage job? Perhaps he was headed to the home across from hers that was in the news shortly after the murders/abduction for being a meth home. Have there been any reports that he was involved with drugs?

He was given cash bail, which means HE has to come up with all 5 million.

Also, no bail bondsmen, not in Wisconsin, that's not how it works there.

Wisconsin Bail Bonds 855-224-5266

You may be looking for a bail bond in the state of Wisconsin. Your state does not offer money or commercial bail bonds. Bondsman from other states are unable to assist you in Wisconsin.

Wisconsin has their own state run bail bond program. This means that if you need to bail someone out of jail in the state of Wisconsin you must go directly to the jail where they are being detained. In the State of Wisconsin you will pay cash for the full amount of the bail at the jail in person.

That's not how cash bail works. You can always get a bondsman. If you can find one willing to front you the money for their fee.

JP would have to have (most likely) $500k to give the bondsman.
The bondsman would then pay the entire $5 mil cash bail to the courts.

When JP appears through all of his court dates, the bondsman would get the $5mil back from the courts and keep JP's $500k.

Unlikely that anyone is willing to take that kind of risk with this guy but crazy things do happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member