CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #31 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
You said dumpster. Do you mean they took the body to a large, commercial dumpster? If so, where? Or do you mean KB's own trash bin?
I mean a dumpster, the type you find outside commercial buildings.

When Michael Blagg killed his wife and daughter, he put their bodies inside a dumpster right outside his office.

His wife’s body was ultimately recovered from a landfill, some 8 months later.

Incidentally, this also happened in Colorado.

KB lives in town and should have pickup. Maybe they put her in her own trash bin, inside a couple of giant black lawn bags, and under some smaller bags of her regular household trash. Throw a dead racoon on top.

No one at the townhomes would think anything of the usual babydaddy wheeling out the babymama's bins for her.

What day was KB's regular trash pickup? If it was normally Thursday, then it would have been Friday.
I remember mustlove talking about the trash cans weeks ago. IIRC their pick up was Friday.

and corrected (SORT OF). The northern facility on your Google Map is the WM Landfill on Blarny Road, which only accepts:
Non-Hazardous
  • Asbestos-Friable
  • Asbestos-Non-Friable
  • Auto Shredder Fluff
  • Biosolids
  • CERCLA Waste
  • Construction & Demolition Debris
  • E&P Wastes
  • Industrial & Special Waste
  • Municipal Solid Waste
  • Yard Waste
Is this important? The question was whether or not there was another landfill. There is.

Strangely, the Midway landfill in Fountain ... looks extremely similar with what it accepts.
Midway Landfill | Management Facility (Disposal) | WMSolutions.com

Acceptable Materials
Non-Hazardous
  • Asbestos-Non-Friable
  • Auto Shredder Fluff
  • Biosolids
  • CERCLA Waste
  • E&P Wastes
  • Municipal Solid Waste
  • NORM (Naturally Occurring Radioactive Material)
  • Yard Waste

Yes, I did find that second WM landfill after my first post. However, I am going to disagree with you that the one on the east side is closer to WP. To get from WP to the landfill in Fountain, you come down Hwy 24 to I-25 and then head south on the interstate for a few miles. To get from WP to the landfill on the east side of Colorado Springs, trash trucks would have to travel through Colorado Springs, as there is no good way to get from the I-25 corridor to the far east side of town---no good truck routes.

I see on the landfills' fact sheets that both facilities process about the same amount of trash per year, so they are about the same size. I imagine WM uses the Fountain location to process all of their trash on the west and south side of town, and the facility on the far east side of town accepts trash from central and eastern Colorado Springs. Remember that El Paso County has nearly 700,000 people, and WM is probably the largest trash collection service.
I wondered the same about her home. That could result in a "she may have been killed at home".
Is this important? The question was whether or not there was another landfill. There is.

Strangely, the Midway landfill in Fountain ... looks extremely similar with what it accepts.
Midway Landfill | Management Facility (Disposal) | WMSolutions.com

Acceptable Materials
Non-Hazardous
  • Asbestos-Non-Friable
  • Auto Shredder Fluff
  • Biosolids
  • CERCLA Waste
  • E&P Wastes
  • Municipal Solid Waste
  • NORM (Naturally Occurring Radioactive Material)
  • Yard Waste
Yes, it does! Should the CBI search it too?

ABC News: Search for Kelsey Berreth expands to landfill, authorities say

SABBBFAA:

FOUNTAIN, Colo. - The search for evidence in the case of missing 29-year-old Colorado mother, Kelsey Berreth, now includes the Midway Landfill in Fountain, Colorado, ABC News reports.

According to the report from ABC News, a spokeswoman for the landfill that is just south of Colorado Springs confirmed the facility recently drew the attention of investigators in the disappearance of Berreth and presumed murder by her fiancé, Patrick Frazee.

This article states search of the landfill is connected to KB's case specifically.

Yes, it does! Should the CBI search it too?
Don't know. I would think they would consult with trash haulers to determine where trash picked up in a certain place, perhaps on a particular day or days, is taken and only search that place. I wouldn't recommend randomly picking landfills to search if you really want to find something.

IF THE LANDFILL SEARCH IS RELATED TO THIS CASE....

A rough calculation.....the Midway landfill processes about 270,000 tons of garbage per year per a WM fact sheet about the facility. That's close to 1,000 tons per business day (M-F). It has been 8 weeks since the disappearance, that's 40 business days.

40 business days x 1,000 tons per day = 40,000 tons x 2,000 pounds per ton = 80,000,000 pounds of trash that would have been processed by that landfill since Thanksgiving.

Google tells me that a cubic yard of compacted trash typically weighs between 500 t0 600 pounds. (Use an average of 550 lbs per cubic yard.)

80,000,000 pounds of compacted trash divided by 550 pounds per cubic yard means those 80 million pounds take up around 145,455 cubic yards.

One cubic yard equals 27 square feet, so 145,545 cubic yards equals 3,927,285 cubic feet.

The cube root of 3,927,285 equals 157.77.

If I have done my math correctly, then the amount of trash deposited in that landfill since Thanksgiving would take up a space 157 feet long by 157 feet wide by 157 feet high. That's a lot of trash.

Now, if WM can pinpoint more closely the location of the waste it received from the Woodland Park area that arrived in the week following Thanksgiving, then that would help a lot.

Edited for typo

I remember mustlove talking about the trash cans weeks ago. IIRC their pick up was Friday.
Thanks.

I think KB's townhome is within Loft Village HOA which also uses the street address 269 E Lake Ave. They don't seem to have a webpage. I was unable to locate a pickup day, but WM does provide residential service there.

When I lived in an HOA without garages, we wheeled the bins to the back of our unit, but we had half-size bins. There were common dumpsters by the office/clubhouse for oversized items, or if you just had too much one week.

My guess is that if her body is at a dump, he transported it immediately from her house, to a dumpster.

I don’t think he would have brought it home first.

What would lead them to a landfill in Fountain CO? It's not trash from WP. It's Colorado Springs and Pueblo trash.

Repeating what's been said, just laying it all out so
I can think clearly. I see a few separate possibilities. Either (1) he put her body (or whatever's being searched for) in a regular garbage can that was picked up by WM's house service, possibly at her home, or (2) he put her into a dumpster, either at a commercial business or a construction site, etc., or (3) he put her in some kind of can or bag or box and brought it to the landfill directly (or had someone drop it for him). Or, although it seems super unlikely because of the previous search, (4) perhaps something that was dumped at the Divide Transfer Station was then transferred to Fountain and not caught in the earlier search.

WM (Waste Management) company has about the tightest rules in the world's most disgusting business. If PF took anything to a WM Transfer Station or to the Midway Landill, there's a record.

This is absolutely correct. He was stupid to take stuff like this to a Waste Management landfill. They are VERY cautious, and you have to fill out a waste profile sheet that details what you are bringing in. They check the materials more closely than some of the local county or municipal landfills.

In my experience, not always. My local transfer stations (rural area, towns of 100-500 people) are run by WM and they don't look into cans to see what kind of trash is there. We put metal in a separate pile (that is eventually crushed and hauled away and sold for scrap), and wood and yard waste into a pile that is burned once a year or so, and they have special cabinets for paint, batteries, and toxics. But that's only if we offer up that's what we have. Anything in a garbage can, if we don't mention it, will just be assumed to be household garbage, and it goes into dumpsters at the transfer station that are then hauled away, presumably to an actual landfill somewhere.

Thanks.

I think KB's townhome is within Loft Village HOA which also uses the street address 269 E Lake Ave. They don't seem to have a webpage. I was unable to locate a pickup day, but WM does provide residential service there.

When I lived in an HOA without garages, we wheeled the bins to the back of our unit, but we had half-size bins. There were common dumpsters by the office/clubhouse for oversized items, or if you just had too much one week.
Mustlove mentioned that everyone had their own bins. I remember fairly clearly because we were talking about whether PF thought to take out the trash. Diapers get stinky fast. If he didn’t take them out you would be able to tell they had been sitting there for over a week. Mustlove had said KB (or potentially PF) would need to take them out and bring them in.

The flight schedules are not easy to make work with the 5:13 time for Gooding. You have multiple connecting flights for most flight options and a handful of one connecting flight options. I don't know if you could fly directly to Boise out of either Colorado Springs or Denver. Most flight options have you flying to Boise via Seattle or Salt Lake City. A lot of the flight options out of Colorado Springs will fly you to Denver first. And then there is the final connection to Twin Falls - which isn't easy to make work because of the limited flights that exist. So, it would seem that driving back and forth between Boise and Twin Falls to facilitate flying is an easier option. Expedia is helpful (or other flight booking sites) to investigate these options.

Also, without staying past Saturday the cost of the ticket is higher than it otherwise would be in case cost is a factor.
KK does not have a pilot's license or a plane.
I'm late catching up on this thread but I'm with @PommyMommy that I'm not ruling out flying just yet. KK does not have a private pilot's license but what if someone else who does have one flew her down to visit PF in a private plane? We are not allowed to sleuth anyone except PF at this point in time but here is a link that might be valuable for anyone who wants to do their own research on this angle (Kelsey's pilot's license info is listed): FAA Registry - Airmen - AirmenInquiry - Name Search

Let's remember that LeBrae Jackson who was murdered on or about December 23, was found in a tote in Aurora, CO; however, she and her boyfriend lived in Colorado Springs. Although they found her body. or some of her body, it is very possible that they are looking for evidence like bloody bedsheets, etc from that crime.
I thought she was found in Aguilar and was from Aurora.

@Bill Carson - Hey, you're back, and with maths!

I saw a program once about landfill management. It's all laid out in 3-D grids/cubes and they can narrow it down - if someone has told them what dumpster/where they put KB's body. WM will get the truck number and locate the "address" in the landfill where they deposited that truck's load.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member