Found Deceased TX - Lauren Elizabeth Thompson, 32, Panola County, 10 Jan 2019 *called 911, car found in a ditch*

I just had a conversation with someone close to the investigation. And what I heard was not even close to what's been said in the media. I can't divulge any more than just to say this may turn out to be quite different than heretofore speculated. I know that sounds ridiculously ambivalent but I can't betray sources. In my opinion she's probably dead.

Hopefully, we'll have more info. soon.

Praying she is alive and well.

I just had a conversation with someone close to the investigation. And what I heard was not even close to what's been said in the media. I can't divulge any more than just to say this may turn out to be quite different than heretofore speculated. I know that sounds ridiculously ambivalent but I can't betray sources. In my opinion she's probably dead.

Do you know Lauren, or are you simply a local?

I understand if you simply can’t tell, but could you give a general theory of what may have happened to cause death? I know we have to have links and all, but I’m asking simply for your opinion only. Again, I understand if you choose to not say anything more. Thanks!

I'm with you on this. It happened before 3 pm. How long would it take to ping the phone and find her? A few hours maybe? They were searching by night. She wouldn't have been able to go far. If it were suicide, they would have found a body by now. I can understand her being in a large deserted barn maybe hidden in the hay and afraid to say something. I know that I would be terrified after I had time to calm down if these people had this huge search out for me. I do have concerns about them doing the search since LE has said they don't want this. Evidence could be accidently destroyed. I just hope she is alive.

I am an emergency dispatcher so I know how the 911 system and pinging phones works. Every 911 call that comes in has an active location map showing where the phone is pinging at that time, as long as the call is active, and gives an "uncertainty" radius that the phone is within. There are a lot of variables as to how accurate this is including the phone company, how good the technology of the phone is, and how many cell towers are in the area. I have seen uncertainties as low as 5 meters and as high as 30,000 meters, which is obviously pretty much useless. Once the phone died, they would have had to call the phone company to get a location, but they would have been given the same location as their equipment showed when her phone died, as they were the ones talking to her at the time. So dispatchers had a general idea of where she was from her 911 call and officers likely located her vehicle pretty quickly. Because the phone died during the 911 call, an active or updated ping could not be obtained from the phone company as the phone has to be powered on. The phone company can only give a last ping at that point, which is the last location the phone pinged when it was powered on.

I am an emergency dispatcher so I know how the 911 system and pinging phones works. Every 911 call that comes in has an active location map showing where the phone is pinging at that time, as long as the call is active, and gives an "uncertainty" radius that the phone is within. There are a lot of variables as to how accurate this is including the phone company, how good the technology of the phone is, and how many cell towers are in the area. I have seen uncertainties as low as 5 meters and as high as 30,000 meters, which is obviously pretty much useless. Once the phone died, they would have had to call the phone company to get a location, but they would have been given the same location as their equipment showed when her phone died, as they were the ones talking to her at the time. So dispatchers had a general idea of where she was from her 911 call and officers likely located her vehicle pretty quickly. Because the phone died during the 911 call, an active or updated ping could not be obtained from the phone company as the phone has to be powered on. The phone company can only give a last ping at that point, which is the last location the phone pinged when it was powered on.
Thank you for explaining this. This is very helpful to know. I have never heard whether or not they recovered her phone.

This is a public picture shared by Lauren's mother on her Facebook page in which she gave permission to share to photo. It is a picture of Lauren and her grandfather. I feel the more photos, the better because it gives an overall better composite of what the person looked like, and it also makes them seem more real to us. Tomorrow marks two weeks that Lauren has been missing. As time goes by, it is easy to lose faith and interest because people start thinking the situation is hopeless. Then you look at the case of Jayme Closs, and realize that miracles do happen. It is so important that the name and face be before the public.

Praying that Lauren comes home safely, too.

Attachments

• Lauren C Thompson.JPG
    Lauren C Thompson.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 165
This is a public picture shared by Lauren's mother on her Facebook page in which she gave permission to share to photo. It is a picture of Lauren and her grandfather. I feel the more photos, the better because it gives an overall better composite of what the person looked like, and it also makes them seem more real to us. Tomorrow marks two weeks that Lauren has been missing. As time goes by, it is easy to lose faith and interest because people start thinking the situation is hopeless. Then you look at the case of Jayme Closs, and realize that miracles do happen. It is so important that the name and face be before the public.

Praying that Lauren comes home safely, too.
Really good point.

Is the ditch where's her car was found deep? Definitely a head injury can cause an accident victim to make no sense, but she had the wherewithal to get out of the car and also get her phone and then use her phone. And this happened in the daylight? Hoping she is found.

Is the ditch where's her car was found deep? Definitely a head injury can cause an accident victim to make no sense, but she had the wherewithal to get out of the car and also get her phone and then use her phone. And this happened in the daylight? Hoping she is found.
It did happen in daylight before 3:00 pm. They did not release other information about the car. Not sure whether it was wrecked or just went into the ditch and got stuck. It had been rainy around the time that this happened.

I’ve been thinking about her telling 911 that she was in a wooded area and someone was chasing her. I think something truly did make her feel threatened. I’ve wondered if she ran into the woods and just kept running in a panic. She may still be in the woods somewhere. I hope she’s found soon. JMO, of course.

I’ve been thinking about her telling 911 that she was in a wooded area and someone was chasing her. I think something truly did make her feel threatened. I’ve wondered if she ran into the woods and just kept running in a panic. She may still be in the woods somewhere. I hope she’s found soon. JMO, of course.

I thought this, too, until I learned that they found her car 5 minutes after the 911 call. In the woods in East Texas, you have lots of briars and rattan vines not to mention shrubs. Some parts are impenetrateable. On the other side of the road (west), there was a large pasture...very large, with lots of open areas, barns and houses. To the south, it was less than 1/4 mile to the FM road which was an open area with lots of traffic and houses to go to. Going north would have been difficult because this is where the thick woods and brush would be and beyond that (about 5 miles) would be the Sabine River which was very flooded. To the east, within 5 miles she would have gotten to Hwy 59 which is a major highway. There is no way she could have gotten that far running in five minutes. They searched over 9000 acreas, I believe, several times and with bloodhounds and heat seeking drones.

My biggest fear was that she might have fallen into a pond or oil pit, but after 18 days, that would have yielded a body. Even though it is winter, we have had some warm days. I think either a bad person was after her and got her, snatching the phone away which is why it went dead, or perhaps she had talked to a friend about what was going on prior to the 911 call and they found her and picked her up. Seems like they would have reported this. I just hope it was not the first scenario.

This picture is a good representation of what rattan vines and other undergrowth in an East Texas woodland looks like. The wooded area she was in would have looked similiar to this.

old-rattan-vines-0558.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan
Back