Found Deceased TX - Emily Wade, 38, Ennis, Ellis County, 5 Jan 2019

di d she get turned around and went the wrong way? this is what Ive thought all along , its almost happened to me before , its an easy thing to do around here especially in the Ennis area! RIP Emily , I'm so sorry

Very tragic, and sad for the family. And a big thank you to the volunteer searchers.

Ennis Chief of Police John Erisman confirms to Channel 8 News that Wade was found dead in Chambers Creek off of Ensign Road near a low water crossing.

The the upstream tributaries of Chambers Creek are to the south and west of Lake Bardwell. I don't think any of the roads she would take to get back to her Mom's place cross water/streams that would end up in Chambers Creek. Most of the stream water around Ennis appears to flow into Cummings Creek, running kind of parallel to Chambers Creek. Image with pin point of Ensign Road/Chambers Creek intersection. Upstream areas of Chambers Creek circled in red (as best that I can estimate from Maps.

Most likely she took an unannounced drive somewhere not expected. Maybe she took a drive around Lake Bardwell before heading home. But I remain a little skeptical.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-21 at 5.37.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-21 at 5.37.12 PM.png
    415.3 KB · Views: 28
Would this have been on her way home?

I was thinking. The flooding must have been what kept those searchers out there every single day. They must have had some idea of what happened to Emily.

I bet so. And, every day, she was being moved. It’s hard telling how far she was pulled from her car. If, that’s what happened. Moo

When we get heavy rains, too many don’t heed the warnings, LE must repeatedly perform high water rescues.

Ensign Road becomes NW County Road 1250. If the reports are correct, this is the spot - as shown in May 2013 - facing north & south at Chambers Creek where she was found , which is 7 miles from the center of town (as the crow flies).

View attachment 165208 View attachment 165210 View attachment 165211
Pommy- I am guessing here: Google Maps

ETA- Jerrod beat me to it!
Thank you both! It's easy to imagine if it was dark...and the road was flooded...oh, how awful. I keep thinking about how hard it was for her ex to tell their daughter that her mom was missing. Now this. Poor baby. :(
MOO

Guys, read this, if you’re unfamiliar how fast the water rises. This is right near Em’s home town & my house.
Broad daylight!

Woman killed in Bourbon County floodwaters identified

I realize this is not TX, just using as an example how deadly the flooding situation can be be & the rapidity of rising water.

OMG! 10 ft pole to find the submerged car. I had wondered about whether her car would be far away. Sounds like if she got out her body would be easier to find. Poor Emily and family.

Im trying to understand this, was it raining? I dont remember it raining that night ?I frankly think she just made a mistake and drove off into water I didn't know there were any actual floodwaters ?

Im trying to understand this, was it raining? I dont remember it raining that night ?I frankly think she just made a mistake and drove off into water I didn't know there were any actual floodwaters ?
Yes, the creek was flooded - see below:

Body believed to be missing Texas woman found in creek bed
The body of a missing Texas woman was found Monday in a creek that had flooded the night she went missing, police said.

MOO

OMG! 10 ft pole to find the submerged car. I had wondered about whether her car would be far away. Sounds like if she got out her body would be easier to find. Poor Emily and family.

When it rains (in some places) it does pour.
The link I provided, I go across that creek all the time, usually it’s bone dry. After a 2-3 day rain event, I can ride a horse thru a normslly dry section & water is at or over my stirrups.
Being Em’ grew up around high, rapidly rising water, I think she maybe couldn’t see well or was not as familiar with the area she was in. Not like she would’ve been in Cynthiana. Jmo

I have not seen anything posted about his situation, where he lives or works for that matter. May have missed it though. I've only read that he shares custody of the daughter.

In fact, I read one report that HE had primary custody, which might make sense if she returned to Kentucky for a bit and did not take the little girl with her.
I did also and I don't think there are any legal papers drawn up or any custody arrangements other than their own. They never married, she flip flopped around and back and forth, so I don't believe there are any rules or arrangements other than their own. I do believe she lives with her dad and primarily has and only visits her mother and grandmother since they moved back.
Late response I know, but just ran across this article and wanted to share it, FWIW:

Breaking: Deceased body that fits description of missing mom Emily Wade has been found
As CrimeOnline previously reported, Emily worked a shift at the Chili’s restaurant in Ennis on January 5, then called her mother, Shirley Wade, and told her she would be stopping by a co-worker’s home for movie and a pizza. Shirley was babysitting Emily’s 7-year-old daughter on the day in question.

Emily lived with her daughter and Shirley in an apartment in Ennis they had recently moved to, after relocating from Cynthiana, Kentucky.

Very tragic, and sad for the family. And a big thank you to the volunteer searchers.

Ennis Chief of Police John Erisman confirms to Channel 8 News that Wade was found dead in Chambers Creek off of Ensign Road near a low water crossing.

The the upstream tributaries of Chambers Creek are to the south and west of Lake Bardwell. I don't think any of the roads she would take to get back to her Mom's place cross water/streams that would end up in Chambers Creek. Most of the stream water around Ennis appears to flow into Cummings Creek, running kind of parallel to Chambers Creek. Image with pin point of Ensign Road/Chambers Creek intersection. Upstream areas of Chambers Creek circled in red (as best that I can estimate from Maps.

Most likely she took an unannounced drive somewhere not expected. Maybe she took a drive around Lake Bardwell before heading home. But I remain a little skeptical.

I am skeptical as well. Until the autopsy says otherwise, I am not convinced this was just a water-related death.

Do you think she was lost, maybe took a wrong turn?

There are no warning signs of either this creek nor caution about crossing traveling south.

Locals would know all about this low road.

Then the opposite end, travelers approaching are forewarned not to attempt fording it in rising waters.

Do you think she was lost, maybe took a wrong turn?

It certainly is possible that she was lost. But Ennis roads are not like Boston Streets, where I get lost for days. Generally it is a grid pattern in TX so it's not too complicated.

You would expect they would find the car first. I would like to locate the car and see where she went in, and come up with a reason why she was there.

Because I can't connect the dots just yet.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back