Paris Hilton to serve time

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way I read it...just another dysfunctional family who happen to have a lot of money.

MAYBE...this will be a wake up call for the entire family. Maybe.

I used to live in Los Angeles. Many of my friends were in the movie industry. It was interesting to see how some of my friends and their bosses lived their lives. Some handled their fame and wealth beautifully...others didn't.

Paris is a NY gal...but still, it's the same thing I saw in the West Coast. Poor little rich girl with nothing to do but get in trouble. No aim in life...no meaning in life...just aimless partying and cozying up to the cameras.

This girl needs to get a clue. She needs a job. She needs stability and a purpose in life. But where's she going to learn the facts of life from? Mommy and Daddy? They're not around, apparently, until the day of the sentencing.

Something's very wrong with this family. It just goes to show...all the money in the world doesn't make you happy and doesn't give you common sense.

Seriously! If you are wealthy and want to go out partying, hire a driver. I don't get it.

Not to worry fellow websleuthers - when I make my millions and want to get my drink on, I will absolutely pay some one to cart my lazy *advertiser censored* around! In fact, I'll even splurge for a limo bus and take everyone along with me. :D
Quoted before you change your mind! :)

Something's very wrong with this family. It just goes to show...all the money in the world doesn't make you happy and doesn't give you common sense.

Something is very, very, wrong with this family. Wealth is something that very few can actually handle and still have any decency.

Agreed, Jeana, totally agree.

And you know, speaking of wealth...my own sister comes to mind. We come from a very average, middle income family. But she married into a fabulously wealthy family and let's just say she doesn't 'wear' it well. She's become a prize snob and first-class witch. She has a beautiful home, has traveled the globe and yet, seems so disenchanted with life in general. It's very sad. I reminded her once...I told her to remember her roots...where and what she comes from.

I don't know what it is...money DOES something to you. What's that saying? Money is the root of all evil. And most people just can't handle it.

And you know, speaking of wealth...my own sister comes to mind. We come from a very average, middle income family. But she married into a fabulously wealthy family and let's just say she doesn't 'wear' it well. She's become a prize snob and first-class witch. She has a beautiful home, has traveled the globe and yet, seems so disenchanted with life in general. It's very sad. I reminded her once...I told her to remember her roots...where and what she comes from.

I don't know what it is...money DOES something to you. What's that saying? Money is the root of all evil. And most people just can't handle it.
The LOVE of money is the root of all evil. It still applies in your sisters situation. What a shame. I have seen very unhappy, very rich folks too.

LOVE of money is the root of all evil.

It sure does ruin the lives of most of the lottery winners!!!!

Isn't that the truth, Jeana? I've read one story after another about these lottery winners and I honestly do not believe I've read many favorable results.

And yes, LOVE of money is the root of all evil, but still...essentially the same thing. I admire folks that have vast wealth and yet, seem to still have their feet firmly planted on the ground. I know that staying grounded is a hard thing to do when you have an unlimited amount of wealth...

Isn't that the truth, Jeana? I've read one story after another about these lottery winners and I honestly do not believe I've read many favorable results.

And yes, LOVE of money is the root of all evil, but still...essentially the same thing. I admire folks that have vast wealth and yet, seem to still have their feet firmly planted on the ground. I know that staying grounded is a hard thing to do when you have an unlimited amount of wealth...

I think a lot of the problem comes in when the money isn't earned. The lottery winners whose lives fall apart after they win, children who just so happen to have parents with a lot of money and are allowed free and unlimited access to those funds, and those sorts of scenarios seem to be the problem.

The children whose parents are just filthy rich and are never made to actually accomplish anything on their own, go to college and get their degrees, actually WORK for their parents or elsewhere are the lost children. Their parents don't actually raise them the way that we raise our children. They're just simply free to roam about the world getting into whatever situation they feel like getting into and when that situation involves the law, they simply buy their way out of it.

The parents may feel as though they're doing right by their children, but they're actually doing exactly the wrong thing. I've heard some rich parents say that their children will be expected to make their own way and I think those parents are very smart indeed. Knowing, of course, that the parents are there as a safety-net (as most of us moms and dads are), but making sure they complete their college education, making sure they actually have to go through the process of applying for and getting a job. Holding down that job. Making sure they can find an apartment themselves and pay their own bills. Making sure that they know how finances work. All of these things that most of us have to learn to live in the real world, kids like Britney Spears, Paris Hilton, and the rest of them just have no idea about. Their parents have done them a horrible injustice by not giving that to them.

I think a lot of the problem comes in when the money isn't earned. The lottery winners whose lives fall apart after they win, children who just so happen to have parents with a lot of money and are allowed free and unlimited access to those funds, and those sorts of scenarios seem to be the problem.

The children whose parents are just filthy rich and are never made to actually accomplish anything on their own, go to college and get their degrees, actually WORK for their parents or elsewhere are the lost children. Their parents don't actually raise them the way that we raise our children. They're just simply free to roam about the world getting into whatever situation they feel like getting into and when that situation involves the law, they simply buy their way out of it.

The parents may feel as though they're doing right by their children, but they're actually doing exactly the wrong thing. I've heard some rich parents say that their children will be expected to make their own way and I think those parents are very smart indeed. Knowing, of course, that the parents are there as a safety-net (as most of us moms and dads are), but making sure they complete their college education, making sure they actually have to go through the process of applying for and getting a job. Holding down that job. Making sure they can find an apartment themselves and pay their own bills. Making sure that they know how finances work. All of these things that most of us have to learn to live in the real world, kids like Britney Spears, Paris Hilton, and the rest of them just have no idea about. Their parents have done them a horrible injustice by not giving that to them.

Amen Sister!!!! You have hit the nail on the head.

O/T, sort of. On the first season of the "Simple Life," Paris and Nicole lived with my second cousin in N. Arkansas. My dad visited with him shortly after they left, and I think my cousin was very thankful they were gone!!!! My dad said he didn't think that the town of Altus was very impressed with either one of them!!! I could have saved them all the trouble, I could have told them how unimpressed the vast majority of people are with them! LOL

Amen Sister!!!! You have hit the nail on the head.

O/T, sort of. On the first season of the "Simple Life," Paris and Nicole lived with my second cousin in N. Arkansas. My dad visited with him shortly after they left, and I think my cousin was very thankful they were gone!!!! My dad said he didn't think that the town of Altus was very impressed with either one of them!!! I could have saved them all the trouble, I could have told them how unimpressed the vast majority of people are with them! LOL

I am NO fan of Paris Hilton, but I tuned into the first and second season of "The Simple Life" and thought she showed just the tiniest bit more respect and maturity than Nicole..just a tiny bit though.
And that really surprised me...Lionel Ritchie adopted Nicole...if he hadn't of done that none of us would even know her name, and she sure wouldn't have been living a life of luxury.

I can't believe that Paris showed up 10 minutes late (18 minutes according to some) for her sentencing and her mother made several outbursts at the judge. What a bunch of idiots!

The way I read it...just another dysfunctional family who happen to have a lot of money.

MAYBE...this will be a wake up call for the entire family. Maybe.

I used to live in Los Angeles. Many of my friends were in the movie industry. It was interesting to see how some of my friends and their bosses lived their lives. Some handled their fame and wealth beautifully...others didn't.

Paris is a NY gal...but still, it's the same thing I saw in the West Coast. Poor little rich girl with nothing to do but get in trouble. No aim in life...no meaning in life...just aimless partying and cozying up to the cameras.

This girl needs to get a clue. She needs a job. She needs stability and a purpose in life. But where's she going to learn the facts of life from? Mommy and Daddy? They're not around, apparently, until the day of the sentencing.

Hi Kim,

25 year-old Holly Branson, daughter of self-made billionaire Richard, is quite the girl about town and enjoys a party. she's also in her final year of studies to be a doctor. so it's clear there are some rich young women with direction in their lives. or could she be the only one? how absolutely tragic Paris, with all the advantages she has, is a waste of space.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/femail/article.html?in_article_id=452829&in_page_id=1879

Hi timetravel, I know just the person to play Paris - Ken Paves, Jessica Simpson's hairdresser.

KenPavesArmsCrossed_150h.jpg

CHEERS to Kathy Hilton for showing us HOW Paris got to be the way that she is!!!~~~~~~

hahahaha....all he needs is to grow his hair just a bit longer and adopt her parents.......

I went to a private four year college - i payed, loaned, borrowed, whatever - got grants - scholarships - my family was not rich; not even middle class.....sort of upper lower lower middleeee class - except for one aunt, who is considered "rich" - when she heard i was going there - offered to buy my "wardrobe" so i wouldn't stick out like a sore thumb!!!
Those four years of college were spent typing papers (back in the early eighties); babysitting - babysitting for a lot of professors kids, too - house cleaning - that was how i paid for my "wardrobe" - but I never worried about fitting in - this was a catholic college and I just figured even tho tons of rich kids went here - because it was grounded in catholic prinicples - it wouldn't be too bad - i was right, and i was wrong. Some of the monied students were snobs; others, you'd never know they came from "name" families. I think it depended on their upbringing, values, etc. and obviously paris' upbringing and values were a million dollars apart from ours.....

Hi Kim,

25 year-old Holly Branson, daughter of self-made billionaire Richard, is quite the girl about town and enjoys a party. she's also in her final year of studies to be a doctor. so it's clear there are some rich young women with direction in their lives. or could she be the only one? how absolutely tragic Paris, with all the advantages she has, is a waste of space.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/femail/article.html?in_article_id=452829&in_page_id=1879

Ivanka Trump is a pretty good example. She says she doesn't want to do anything that will take away from her plans to become a great real estate developer. And she really doesn't do the scene that Paris and the others do. But she is set for life if she didn't WANT to work.

ETA: Sounds like Prince William and Holly may become an item:

http://people.monstersandcritics.co...12.php/William\s_Holly_Branson_canoodle_alert

Its true, money does not buy happiness. IMO if a person can be happy when they're poor, they can be happy if they have money, if a person is miserable when they're poor, they also will be miserable if they have money. Its not the money that makes a difference but many people think it has magical power that somehow will fix all their problems inside.

VB

I think we can pretty much all agree that money can't buy happiness ... but it can sure at times,make life easier! :)

Geraldo showed the jail cell--concrete with 2 thin beds attached to the wall--12 X 8 about the size of a walk-in closet or small bedroom

Geraldo showed the jail cell--concrete with 2 thin beds attached to the wall--12 X 8 about the size of a walk-in closet or small bedroom

Clearly she'll need lots of expensive therapy afterwards, if not before. to prepare her. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member